Response from BBC complaints

Interesting. Currently waiting for a reply to a level 2 complaint. Got the standard "we stand by the integrity blah blah blah" to my initial effort. I'll try the msp next if I get no result.
It's also worth keeping away from a 'them and us' type complaint.
While we all know they are as biased as it is possible to be I think there is far more traction in arguing that we are actually forced into an unfair tax that doesn't even provide the basics of service that we pay for.
Rangers fans are being charged millions of pounds to be discriminated against, it's really that simple.
If they cannot or will not provide us with the service we pay for, we should not be charged for it.

AFAIK, after the BBC Trust has been disbanded, Ofcom now is the regulatory body for the BBC. One should complain to them rather the BBC itself.
That's interesting if true.
So many people will have given up complaining given the farce of asking a corporation to admit they are badly flawed when they are accountable only to themselves.

I do not think the club should be releasing statements every day, we see too many on trivial shit as it is.

In this case I really think a simple 2 or 3 sentence statement would do the world of good.

'Rangers are disappointed to note that BBC Scotland are maintaining their stance of not reporting fairly on the club, short changing many license paying customers. Their given reason; the banning of gollum, is not based in fact and we re-iterate that any BBC employee is welcome within the stadium, but that gollum's press privileges have been removed due to a lack of any kind of balanced reporting.'

Throw it right out there, publicly, and keep doing it until the fee payers are given their due. the club owe it to the support in this.

It's also worth keeping away from a 'them and us' type complaint.
While we all know they are as biased as it is possible to be I think there is far more traction in arguing that we are actually forced into an unfair tax that doesn't even provide the basics of service that we pay for.
Rangers fans are being charged millions of pounds to be discriminated against, it's really that simple.
If they cannot or will not provide us with the service we pay for, we should not be charged for it.

That is the absolute crux of the matter. Any Rangers fan who pays their license fee is being wilfully discriminated against. Imagine the BBC refusing to report on ethnic matters because so and so refused to allow a single reporter standard press privileges.

I do not think the club should be releasing statements every day, we see too many on trivial shit as it is.

In this case I really think a simple 2 or 3 sentence statement would do the world of good.

'Rangers are disappointed to note that BBC Scotland are maintaining their stance of not reporting fairly on the club, short changing many license paying customers. Their given reason; the banning of gollum, is not based in fact and we re-iterate that any BBC employee is welcome within the stadium, but that gollum's press privileges have been removed due to a lack of any kind of balanced reporting.'

Throw it right out there, publicly, and keep doing it until the fee payers are given their due. the club owe it to the support in this.

Can you be our Head of PR, please?

'Rangers are disappointed to note that BBC Scotland are maintaining their stance of not reporting fairly on the club, short changing many license paying customers. Their given reason; the banning of Mr Gollum, is not based in fact and we re-iterate that any BBC employee is welcome within the stadium, but that Mr Gollum's press privileges have been removed due to a lack of any kind of balanced reporting.'

Slight edit, give the thing a title;)

I got the same response to my complaint over Tom English. However they say feed back to our sports Team but when you have former Celtic Chairman kevin Kelly's daughter Clare Fulton as senior editor of Sport, their sports Team will continue to get away with it.

So let me get this right....Kevin Kelly, was he the one that reemployed Torbett after he was convicted of crimes against kids? The same organisation who presided over Saville have in charge the daughter of someone who presided over another vile paedophile? Anyone else find this strange?

You’ll never get anywhere with the BBC, not unless you prove that Its all linked and prove an institutional bias that brings the whole lot crumbling down. A few angry emails are not going to cut it, you need someone in the inside who’s willing to break ranks and it just wont happen. We’ve missed stuff like this happening for years and now its too late. They can peddle lies and issue retractions without care or punishment. People still believe the lies and Rangers dont act on it, leaving them free to do the same time and time again.

We need to have a real effort from the club to out all their inaccurate reporting but there doesnt seem to be an appetite for it.

HI GUYS ive recently finished a complaint with bbc scotland (broadcasting biased catholics )in my mind!im not pc friendly so i cant unless helped upload articles but the end matter was i actually had to write a letter of complaint down to there english hq,but gota reply with them saying they didnt think they were biased agiaqnst one team! my original complaint as like yourself mate ive stopped watching bbc scotland! was motherwell/hearts cup tie i was working in kitchen on this sunday and it was on! 34 minutes on the clock and they had mentioned celtic 14 times,switched off and sat down and typed an email they replied,saying the mentioning of THEM was quite appropriate,i disagreed another e mail another reply SIGNED BY from ms ANNA SWEENEY(H'MM)i was informed that as far as they were concerned the matter was finished!and i would have to take it further up the complaints procedure i duly did and added a few more incidents firstly gollom mentiong sectarian singing in his match report v hibs,highlighting that the game them v P.S.G,in his match report outside leggo land he didnt mention one of them running on to park and kicking a PSG player! i stated that sky,bt,stv,referee linesmen 60,000 of them watching and countless how many millions tv punters all saw it but he didnt!alas i got another reply saying basically nothing1 and i would have to take it further,i havnt at the moment but i do think i will keep digging at them i too mentioned i had to pay a license and did think it unfair as they have an agenda against us,sorry if ive rambled a bit mate,but it is such an important issue and i agree with you we should all be sending e mails or letters of complaint!
Big sentence mate but appreciate what you are doing :)

I know I posted this on another thread but here is the reply I got today. I actually wrote to the director general as it wasn`t so much a complaint, but partly informing him that I and many others were not paying the license fee due to Pacific Quay CSC.
I`ve followed it up.

Thank you for your e-mail to Lord Hall dated 17 May 2018. As I am sure you'll appreciate, the Director-General receives more correspondence than he can deal with personally, so once emails have been read by his office they are forwarded to us so we can respond on behalf of the BBC's management.

Accordingly, we note your views about BBC Scotland’s coverage of Rangers FC and that you have made previous complaints about this issue.

We can only reiterate what you may already know. That is, we would like to reassure you that news emanating from Scottish football is reported in accordance with the BBC’s Editorial Guidelines, irrespective of the clubs involved. Any suggestion to the contrary is without foundation.

We are determined to be impartial and fair in our coverage and to bring a range of views to our audiences. Please be assured that bias plays no part in our reporting. We place the highest value on accuracy and impartiality within our own journalism and rigorous editorial standards are applied across all of our output.

With regard to your specific points, we do not agree that any reporter has aired false stories and we do not claim that BBC Scotland is banned. We have said repeatedly that we choose not to send a reporter to Rangers because their decision to ban one of our journalists infringes our editorial freedoms.

The BBC Trust endorsed our position on this in 2016, stating that it was “a fundamental principle of editorial independence that it is the BBC rather than any third party that chooses which correspondents report on which stories.”

We were not at the unveiling of Steven Gerrard as manager but sourced content from the Press Association and this was carried in written, audio and video format on all of our platforms. We do report Rangers results, regardless of outcome, and any transfer news in the same way as we would any other club.

Regarding your comments about the TV Licence, it is not actually a BBC requirement but a UK Government requirement under the auspices of The Communications (Television Licensing) Regulations 2004 (as amended) and the Communications Act 2003. The BBC, through TV Licensing, is obligated to administer the licensing process in terms of collections and so on.

The Government's legislation does not allow for non-payment or refunds/reductions of the TV Licence fee in light of unhappiness with BBC actions, output or spending decisions. If you feel it should, you should make your views known to the Government directly as this isn't something within the BBC's remit. We’d also explain that the Government sets the level of the annual TV Licence, not the BBC or TV Licensing.

Any personal views relating to BBC output or spending do not negate the legal requirement for premises in the UK which operate television receiving equipment to hold a valid TV Licence at all times, and we must warn that failure to hold a TV Licence where one is legally required may lead to evasion enforcement action including letters and home visits, and potentially court action and fines.

The change in the law from 1 September 2016 requiring BBC iPlayer users to hold a TV Licence was introduced by the Government, not the BBC or TV Licensing. Full information about the changes can be found via TV Licensing’s dedicated “BBC iPlayer and the TV Licence” webpage (http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/bbc-iplayer-and-the-tv-licence). TV Licensing also provide information about the general premise and legal requirements of the TV Licence via their dedicated “Why do I need a TV Licence?” webpage (http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/about/foi-legal-framework-AB16).

Your comments have been fully registered on our daily audience log. This internal document is made available to all our production teams and senior BBC management.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us.

Details of the BBC complaints process are available online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/handle.shtml

Kind regards

Neil Salt

BBC Complaints Team

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

As for the comments in bold........

yes you do claim you are banned

and no we did not ban any journalist.

You now have to provide as many examples as you can where they have failed to adhere to their own editorial policy.
This is the game they play. They claim acuracy, a lack of bias and that they check everything they broadcast. I could paper my walls with these claims.
They don't begin to do so in Scotland. You have reached the fobbing off department. They have one object, to fob you off and wear you down until you go away. The BBC is almost impenetrable to Joe public, while they pretend otherwise.
Basically they don't give a %^*& what you or I think, it's a pretence.
Maybe find an MP who is against the licence fee and ask them to act.

About a month ago I filed a complaint to the bbc for their unfair reporting and lack of reporting on Rangers.

I have now received the below response. I was hoping for more, without expecting. At least they are aware of the disgruntled customers and hopefully we see a shift towards fair reporting. They seem to stand by their reporting but I feel if enough of us complain a change is likely. The more of us who do this the more the bbc will sit up and listen. Even if it's just to reduce the workload in the complaints department. The company I work for keep stats of how many complaints on specific topics and it goes straight to the CEO. They also say it goes to the senior management board. Worth a go I think.

BBC response:
Thank you for getting in touch about Kheredine Idessane's reporting on Alfredo Morelos. I am sorry it has taken this length of time to reply.

Kheredine acknowledged his mistake and shared this on Twitter:

“An apology to @RangersFC : despite what I was told from China, there was indeed a multi-million euro bid, indeed bids, from Beijing Renhe for striker Alfredo Morelos, with varying options for how it would have been structured. This retracts, and corrects my previous tweet.”

That said, we’ve shared your feedback with the Sport team.

We have noted your comments about our coverage of Rangers FC. We stand by the integrity and the quality of our journalism.

We are disappointed that Rangers continue to ban one of our reporters from Ibrox. We continue to discuss a resolution of this matter with the club but until it is resolved we will not be sending journalists to Ibrox or attending Rangers’ press conferences. We will continue to report on Rangers both on and off the pitch and will feature match action where appropriate.

Your comments have been fully registered on our daily audience log. This internal document is made available to all our production teams and senior BBC management.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards
Will never get anywhere with them until they acknowledge plonker face isn’t banned. That should be the next letter to them.

You now have to provide as many examples as you can where they have failed to adhere to their own editorial policy.
This is the game they play. They claim acuracy, a lack of bias and that they check everything they broadcast. I could paper my walls with these claims.
They don't begin to do so in Scotland. You have reached the fobbing off department. They have one object, to fob you off and wear you down until you go away. The BBC is almost impenetrable to Joe public, while they pretend otherwise.
Basically they don't give a %^*& what you or I think, it's a pretence.
Maybe find an MP who is against the licence fee and ask them to act.
I've provided a start on page 1 of this thread CN.

It just needs brought up to date.

Just posted on another BBC Scotland thread

I hope Dave King goes for them next

The place needs cleanser as the majority are anti Rangers haters and it’s time the club goes for them

We have enough evidence of bias

Please Dave get them in your sights and take them down

They have savoured our troubles and actually helped facilitate our punishments which may have been illegal with SFA and SPFL employees not being impartial

Please Dave King. Go for BBC Scotland and their dozens and dozens of haters

Back