Retailers and Brands Owned by Sports Direct

As a support we need to get a campaign of hostility set up to tackle the fat p r ick.

Needs to be mobilized to cause maximum disruption to their trading.

Tackle them on all fronts, social media, local mps, avoiding products, picket stores, link with other clubs (Newcastle would be an easy one to set up) to turn the football world against him.

i already said i dont buy from SD, i use karrimor boots but not from SD, and what fucking use are karrimor style boots! its not about the fucking look its about the fitment i do a lot of walking so i dont give a %^*& how they look only how they feel after 17 fucking miles a day!
and NO you cant use a cycle to work in any bike shop where i work or that wouldn't have been an issue.

Bit angry there mate.

Whether or not you buy your karimoor boots from Sports Direct, they still get a cut as they OWN Karimoor.

"I don't look at it that I am personally handing Mike Ashley a fiver, I am looking at it as that I play football with a bunch of mates and have done nigh on every Thursday for the past 22 years."

That's from another thread. People dont give a shit because it will impact on their lifestyle. He is toxic, I wouldn't shop from him even if he wasn't involved with Rangers. His business practices are poisonous and he's polluting our town centres.

Jeezo....o_O...had you an issue with my post on the other thread (quoted) I'd rather you had debated with me as opposed to this, tbh, but hey ho.

I believe that this person is a minority. I think the majority of us will not shop there.

I think if you believe that all of a sudden folk will stop playing 5 a sides and wearing clothing affiliated to his companies you are in the minority. That is the reality.

Prior to his involvement with our club I used to buy my walking boots from SD. I have not been near any of his shops for years and when I've been buying walking gear in other stores I've deliberately avoided brands which I knew they owned. The list of his shops and linked brands should be a sticky on here.

Jeezo....o_O...had you an issue with my post on the other thread (quoted) I'd rather you had debated with me as opposed to this, tbh, but hey ho.

I think if you believe that all of a sudden folk will stop playing 5 a sides and wearing clothing affiliated to his companies you are in the minority. That is the reality.

I dont have an issue, I said each to their own but its an example of what we're up against. Its like saying "I dont see it as a dead elephant, just a nice piece of ivory in the study" You dont personally pay the poacher but you create the market that keeps them going. Your choice.

I dont have an issue, I said each to their own but its an example of what we're up against. Its like saying "I dont see it as a dead elephant, just a nice piece of ivory in the study" You dont personally pay the poacher but you create the market that keeps them going. Your choice.

I suggest you do hence why you lifted it from my post and put it onto another thread. Twice you have used animal cruelty to emphasise your point..........it's clearly not the same.

Tbh, it's very easy for people to call for others to boycott when they don't do it anyway/doesn't affect them.

DidI read it right that you get charged £4.99 to get goods delivered into the store to pick up? That's disgraceful, few other retailers do that.

Aye, but then they give you a £5 voucher to spend in store. Just enough to buy a pack of the aforementioned Donnay ankle socks.

Last edited:
Outlets

Sports Direct
Goals (5-a-side)
USC
Game
Evans Cycles
Lovell Sports
Lovell Rugby
Lovell Soccer
Lillywhites
Field & Trek
House of Fraser
Flannels
Cruise Clothing

Outlets Owned By SD but with No SD Branding/Publicity

Van Mildert
Direct Golf
Gelert
Findel
Swimshop
Heatons Stores
Robinson Equestrian
Table Tennis Pro
PWP Tennis
Concept Cruise
Heatons Stores

Brands

Slazenger
French Connection
SoulCal
Firetrap
Airwalk
Campri
Donnay
No Fear
Everlast
Sondico
GoldDigga
Kangol
Karrimor
Lonsdale
LA Gear

I know there were some comments from folk who think they can't avoid Sports Direct, but we can make informed choices.

We can't take them down individually, but we can choose to stop bolstering their profits.

Do we really need pile-it-high tat from Sports Direct?

Do we really need overpriced games from Game?

Do we really need designer gear from USC/HoF?

Do we really need their crappy clothing brands?

One person won't make a difference. Thousands of us will. Besides, it's about having the pride and standing by your team by just making a stand.

EDIT: Thanks to @Bar72loyal for those in italics.
Thanks to @ifu01334 for highlighting that Sports Direct use websites that hide the SD brand. These are in a new section above (and usually are referred to as "Wareshop2" in the T&C's)

(Just a note that Sports Direct no longer have a stake in Debenhams.)

Really good post - well done.

Informative.

What website? Was it Direct Golf?

If so, pretty obvious that it's Sports Direct!
Pretty unobvious mate to be truthful, the company was called direct golf before Ashley's claws sunk into it.

Read this article, see any similarities between this and us and any other company hes shafted ?

Cancer is too good for the cűnt.

Sports Direct accused of intimidating founder of Direct Golf - Telegraph
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance...d-of-intimidating-founder-of-Direct-Golf.html

Always thought M and M was his so have stayed away for years not bad for some holiday gear, found out last week in the lounge he has nothing to do with them, but their delivery charge is brutal.

Used to order from there. Certainly wont be anymore.

Anyone have any preferred clothing websites?

As far as I am aware End Clothing is not one he has got his claws into. They have stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London but mainly a mail order business with free returns and have a huge amount of stock on line (much better than they have in the Glasgow store).

I loved my fives and played every week for years.
Thankfully it was before fatso got his greasy mitts on goals.

If I could still play? It really would be a dilemma. If another venue wasn’t an option and I had to stick a fiver in fattie’s pocket then I think I would think of a way to take a tenner back out of his pocket.
Not that I am normally a vandal, but needs must.

I'm 99% sure that he has his fingers in 18 Montrose and Four Marketing who represent Stone Island and Cp Company amongst others.

I avoid the cunts brands and stores without exception. Some out of principle, some because they sell low end jumble sale shite. Most because it’s not gear I need. Living abroad, HOF is not an issue.

Debenhams too, right?

Wiki has it as:

Stores:
  • Bob's Stores
  • Brand Max
  • EAG, Austrian sports chain in which Sports Direct acquired a 51% stake for €40.5m (£34.6m) in May 2013
  • Eastern Mountain Sports
  • European Golf
  • Evans Cycles
  • Field & Trek
  • Firetrap
  • Flannels
  • French Connection, 27% share
  • Game Digital plc, partnership collaboration agreement
  • Gelert
  • Heatons Ireland
  • House of Fraser
  • Iconix Brand Group, 8.6% share
  • Lillywhites
  • Sportland International Group, major Baltic sports retailer in which Sports Direct acquired a 60% stake in May 2013
  • SportsDirect.com
  • Sweatshop
  • Tri UK
  • USC
Brands:
  • Agent Provocateur
  • Airwalk
  • British Knights
  • Campri
  • Carlton
  • Donnay
  • Everlast
  • Firetrap
  • Gelert
  • GoldDigga
  • Gul
  • Hot Tuna Clothing
  • Kangol
  • Karrimor
  • LA Gear
  • Lonsdale
  • Lovell Rackets
  • Miso
  • Miss Fiori
  • Muddyfox
  • Nevica
  • No Fear
  • Slazenger
  • Sondico
  • SoulCal
  • USA Pro
  • Voodoo Dolls
no he was fucked for £150 million when they went into liquidation about four months ago he was lets put it this way fucking raging kind of the first of a few kicks in the baws for him money wise.

Be good to see some sort of official fans group tie up with Newcastle United fans.

Wonder how our retail deal looks like compared to theirs.

Combined action on the same days could be effective.

Outlets

Sports Direct
Goals (5-a-side)
USC
Game
Evans Cycles
Lovell Sports
Lovell Rugby
Lovell Soccer
Lillywhites
Field & Trek
House of Fraser
Flannels
Cruise Clothing

Outlets Owned By SD but with No SD Branding/Publicity

Van Mildert
Direct Golf
Gelert
Findel
Swimshop
Heatons Stores
Robinson Equestrian
Table Tennis Pro
PWP Tennis
Concept Cruise
Heatons Stores

Brands

Slazenger
French Connection
SoulCal
Firetrap
Airwalk
Campri
Donnay
No Fear
Everlast
Sondico
GoldDigga
Kangol
Karrimor
Lonsdale
LA Gear

I know there were some comments from folk who think they can't avoid Sports Direct, but we can make informed choices.

We can't take them down individually, but we can choose to stop bolstering their profits.

Do we really need pile-it-high tat from Sports Direct?

Do we really need overpriced games from Game?

Do we really need designer gear from USC/HoF?

Do we really need their crappy clothing brands?

One person won't make a difference. Thousands of us will. Besides, it's about having the pride and standing by your team by just making a stand.

EDIT: Thanks to @Bar72loyal for those in italics.
Thanks to @ifu01334 for highlighting that Sports Direct use websites that hide the SD brand. These are in a new section above (and usually are referred to as "Wareshop2" in the T&C's)

(Just a note that Sports Direct no longer have a stake in Debenhams.)
Pleased the fat slug was ditched by Debenhams board. Had to ditch HOF and it was the my favourite shop.

I'll have a right good think and try and get some more to add to the list, but for now off the top of my head Pulp and Sweatshop are both SD owned now.

If anyone has the time an inclination then a quick search on companies house will list all the companies that he is a director of, but best idea is if you search on one of the other directors, as he tends not to register companies under his name! I can't remember who I looked at before, but it brought up about 600 registrations!

Thanks for that OP, my wife uses Robinsons regularly and I use Golf Direct - that will be the last time that fat b$stard get a cent from FB.

Get to decathlon for those needing sporting goods. Own branded stuff decent quality and it's not plastered with Lonsdale or karrimor giving you a brass neck

Ok, this is not exhaustive but a quick glance through companies house gave me the below:

Criminal clothing
Smart Protein Ltd
Dink Digital Ltd
Brasher Leisure Ltd
Puffa
Vinecomb Investments
Smith and Brooks
Visionfigure
Propeller Uk
Graduate Clothing
Seven Strong
Heaven or Hell
Used Tackle
Sterling Resources
Forever Models
Goudie Squash International
William Sykes
Muddyfox
World Of Service Ltd
Campri
Straub Corporation
Carlton
Wildlaw Ltd
Up Brands
The Lion Hotel (Best Western Worksop)
Climber and Rambler
Outdoor Sports Direct
Kangol
Field and Trek
Nevica
Litesome Sportswear Ltd
PWP Sportsbase
Universal Cycles
Waterline Angling Products
Forever Sports Ltd
Gelert
Exsports
Table Tennis Pro
Feniger and Blackburn
Direct Fishing
Ski and outdoor warehouse
Yeomans
BrandsMax

Hope this is of some help.

Ok, this is not exhaustive but a quick glance through companies house gave me the below:

Criminal clothing
Smart Protein Ltd
Dink Digital Ltd
Brasher Leisure Ltd
Puffa
Vinecomb Investments
Smith and Brooks
Visionfigure
Propeller Uk
Graduate Clothing
Seven Strong
Heaven or Hell