Retro Rangers shirts

Glad I started my collection about six years ago. Prices were a lot more reasonable than they are now and the market isn’t littered with fakes.

Some shirts are going for £150+ it’s mental.

Going to be cutting down my collection: I have every home, away and third between 87 and 12, and a few outside of that. Will be putting them up on retro rangers shirts as soon as they approve me to join.

Right @JW1988 forgive me for going geeky on this. I’ve seen folk selling DH Gate tops for ridiculous prices recently and trying to fleece folk thinking they’re legit. Don’t want folk caught out. Also - if the top is new with tags really think if that’ll be the case for nearly 30 year old tops.

As I said in a previous post there’s ways to see if they’re real or fake.

The biggest indicator is McEwan’s Lager - it should look felt not 3D printed. Usually it’s fairly easy to spot.

The second one is the tag in the neck. A lot of these tops have the wrong Adidas tag on them. I’ll post some examples.

For the 92 top:

56-C0932-E-81-BE-4654-9-EFF-246-C35322025.png

McEwan’s Lager is plastic
Stripes on the shoulder are diagonal not straight
Wrong tag
Collar is the wrong shape
You can tell the material is wrong as the stripes arent

Should look like this
https://i.postimg.cc/9XpmFrpj/8-AB1-B594-***D-408-C-912-F-FD7-C65-DD35-BE.jpg

94 top is so obvious. Seen a few of these on eBay from DH Gate.

Shiny material
McEwan’s Lager
Tag
It just looks crap
C09-DC8-DA-D55-C-4-EF0-89-B7-6-E2-CCDEB8271.png

Should look like this:

BD476-E94-7617-44-DF-9627-3-E13-D1-EEEBB6.jpg

Seen a lot of the 96 shirts recently too and some folk are spending £60 on them.

McEwan’s Lager
Stripes down the side don’t go far enough
Sponsor, manufacturer and badge are all too far apart
Tag
Collar material is wrong

85467449-57-E4-4024-AC78-0888-A7-D006-DE.png

Should look like this

564530-FE-A1-C8-4-E1-B-91-D2-1-CADF7-C31-DF9.jpg

Some of them don’t look old.

Like I say - if you want to buy reproductions fair enough. But don’t think you’re buying the real deal for £60+ and getting presented with these kinds of shirts. Most of them look bloody awful.

Sermon over.
The fake 97/98 top is easy to spot too. The red stripe on it is a solid bright red, whereas the authentic one had a blur with a darker shade of red at the edges. Think the dri-fit logo was different too.

Fake:
P0.jpg

Authentic:
s_5d1ffa6cb146cc4739ed5f26.jpg

Going to be cutting down my collection: I have every home, away and third between 87 and 12, and a few outside of that. Will be putting them up on retro Rangers shirts as soon as they approve me to join.

I’d be happy to take a few off your hands mate. Drop me a PM if you don’t mind. Cheers

Hello Guys, I found an old Rangers shirt from the season 1994.
How can I see if it is a real one or a fake shirt?

Unfortunetly I can´t upload pictures here...

shirt picture

Best regards from Germany

Hello Guys, I found an old Rangers shirt from the season 1994.
How can I see if it is a real one or a fake shirt?

Unfortunetly I can´t upload pictures here...

shirt picture

Best regards from Germany
That looks real. You can tell from the way the McEwans sponsor is on it, slightly raised.

The reproduction tops the sponsors are hard flat on the shirts

That looks real. You can tell from the way the McEwans sponsor is on it, slightly raised.

The reproduction tops the sponsors are hard flat on the shirts
Thank you very much for the fast answer!

Is this shirt popular or not?
Is there a platform where I can give it to a Rangers fan?

Thank you very much for the fast answer!

Is this shirt popular or not?
Is there a platform where I can give it to a Rangers fan?

Popular shirt, a favourite of many including myself.

I'm sure if you wanted to some people could contact you on here.

only the player issue shirts had an embroidered badge, the replica ones had a stuck on badge.
Not strictly true, yes the replicas did have a stick on badge, however there was a limited run, 1000 I think of long sleeve shirts with an embroidered badge made for Adidas in a factory in Stranraer if my memory serves me well, I know this because I’ve still got mine

I know for a fact that some of the Chinese knock off factories have got their hands on digital templates from Adidas, Nike, Umbro, etc. That’s why the replicas are often indistinguishable from legit tops. The only thing that can sometimes let them down is the lack of proper quality control.
I'm quite sure that an indistinguishable copy can be made if access to templates but would I be naive in thinking that you can tell difference between a 'new' retro top and a 30 year old one ? All my old ones def show their age.

The fake 97/98 top is easy to spot too. The red stripe on it is a solid bright red, whereas the authentic one had a blur with a darker shade of red at the edges. Think the dri-fit logo was different too.

Fake:
P0.jpg

Authentic:
s_5d1ffa6cb146cc4739ed5f26.jpg
The 97/99 is authentic on both pictures, just the lighting is more ideal on the first one
Dri-Fit logo varies between 97/98 and 98/99 season too, the former being much more common

Shirt cut on the fake is also totally different and the materials for the collar (along with everything else) are different. It's a lot more obvious, the McEwans Lager sponsor is applied on top of the fabric instead of being a part of it too. I could go on, but I can also assure you that the of the two pics you posted, both are real.

This place does a number of the original Gers shirts, not remakes.

Last I seen, the 94 home and 93 away (orange and purple shirt) were both available amongst others

Back