• Issue 9: Priority Ticket Sales only viewable by eligible people

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Issue 10: Seatsub

Votes: 38 7.5%
  • Issue 11: Buying Matchday programmes should not be under Tickets

Votes: 12 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Buying Matchday programmes should not be under Tickets.

It’s an issue when the ticket office place CCCS tickets in your basket a few days before they check them out.

I held back programme purchases because the checkout process always included the match tickets along with the programmes I was trying to buy.

The OP has been updated with all the suggestions so far, they aren't in any priority order as there is a varied amount there. I plan to attend next weeks feedback sessions so I'm proposing we put all items into a Poll from Friday so we can get an idea of what everyone wants the most, I will then update the list in order of the Poll results by Monday and I can then engage with Rangers to let them know what we have come up with. Hopefully they already have it all on their radar.

Regarding Issue 8 in particular I can't verify it as I don't have MyGers so if anyone can post up the steps they have to follow etc it will be helpful and I can update it.

Cheers

Some very good points, and potential solutions, there @Boab The first three, in particular, would have a significant impact around ticketing and smartcards, making things a whole lot easier for supporters, and surely cannot be that difficult to implement.

TThing Is that's
The website has been 'over-optimised' for mobile devices in my view. Hence all the 'window boxes'. I can live with that design provided everything fits on screen, regardless of device.

An example - if I go to the Home page and then the three lines in the top right and click on it the drop-down menu lists a variety of things - @Boab mentions you go here looking for Tickets for example. When I do this on my iPad and iPhone I can see the entire drop-down list. The whole thing. Complete. When I do it on a 1080p desktop monitor though I can only see the top of each letter of the bottom menu item, Help and Info, and can only just click on it. That's because its optimised for the mobile devices as far as I can tell.
Actually more a coding issue they hadn't optimised the code to auto pick up the device it comes from is just a check loop at start of the Web page design as well

It god added when they gave us all a £25 voucher mate during covid
Cheers, it's got great potential for SeatSub to show each credit we've been given when our seat has resold. Hope it gets utilised for that.

Yeah a think thats where the seatsub money goes mate
If it does then great, right now I don't see any for the Hibs game I returned two child tickets for and I know resold. I would expect it to show up there instantly but maybe it's a slow update or something.

If it does then great, right now I don't see any for the Hibs game I returned two child tickets for and I know resold. I would expect it to show up there instantly but maybe it's a slow update or something.
We do love a ‘manual update’ LOL.

Poll now added to end on Tuesday prior to my planned attendance at the feedback sessions. My aim is to make them aware of this thread and the issues raised and what is the most requested improvements. Hopefully we can get some clarity on future plans and see some of these implemented in the near future. If this has a positive outcome then I can continue the thread and start producing more detailed improvements to vote on and pass to the Club.

Bumping for votes :)
Yeah, c’mon guys. We need more votes on this. Only 8 posters voting is pretty poor. @Boab is prepared to push this to the Club. No point in sitting on FF moaning like f*ck if you aren’t even prepared to vote to try and effect changes.

Good to see this getting a few more votes. The more that vote the more it strengthens @Boab's case when putting it to the Club. Still looks a bit sparse though so register your thoughts.

No great surprise to see 'visibility' of MyGers points/breakdown (Issue 8) as the top priority. Must admit I thought second place would be the ability to upgrade child/concession tickets to adult tickets (Issue 1), given it features on here so often, but that's being pipped for second place at the moment by the desire to have a tab on the home page for Tickets (Issue 2) rather than going through the three-lines menu top right.

Get your votes in folks. You can pick your top two 'wishes'.

For me its the upgrading a child ticket to an adult, followed by a Mygers breakdown both of which would be beneficial to the user and the club
See that's how I think - based purely on the posts we see on FollowFollow. Currently the whole rigmarole of either visiting the Ticket Centre to get an upgrade or emailing them your phone number and waiting, often in vain, for them to call you back is way more inconvenient than a couple of extra clicks on the website, for example.

The MyGers breakdown speaks for itself. Even if it is on the understanding that some things have to be manually added and so take inordinately long to show.

See that's how I think - based purely on the posts we see on FollowFollow. Currently the whole rigmarole of either visiting the Ticket Centre to get an upgrade or emailing them your phone number and waiting, often in vain, for them to call you back is way more inconvenient than a couple of extra clicks on the website, for example.
The MyGers breakdown speaks for itself. Even if it is on the understanding that some things have to be manually added and so take inordinately long to show

Me and my lad have season tickets but live in England so seatsub when it appeared was fantastic. But quite often i bring up a mate to the match, having to phone up and quote bank card details etc just to upgrade is like something from the 90's. I100% agree with your point on the inconvenience, and in my opinion the club is missing out as lots will just not bother (notwithstanding the more vigorous policing by the stewards checking at the turnstiles now). What i find odd is how easy it would be to set up unless i'm missing something.

As for the Mygers points, i knew before i even opened the thread it would be the most popular choice:D

Last edited:
My experience getting a Brondby ticket was frustrating , some may have been my fault. On Amazon they have a principle that as soon as you decide to buy something they are not letting you go until you have bought it and potentially something else. On the Rangers ticket experience it felt like at any moment one wrong click and those tickets would be gone and you would have to start again.

1. A tab where it shows the date when each category of supporter can purchase a ticket even if some dates are greyed out.
2. When a user clicks purchase tickets it should default to those that they can purchase for and the ticket type against each name.
3. A two together option and then go to single tickets if two together is not possible.
4. I think there is merit in Rangers looking at a complete experience where you can get ticket, hotel and even rail on one selection. Lining those three up when the tickets are so scarce is a challenge. I know I would have paid a premium for that.

In the modern day the website is like the showroom, I would have chosen most of the things on that list.

In the modern day the website is like the showroom, I would have chosen most of the things on that list.
Yes mate, they are all improvements that need to happen. @Boab is simply trying to gauge which ones the fans see as more of a priority than others. For example, I would love a history section. I'd spend hours on it. However, the MyGers points breakdown and the ability to upgrade concession tickets would, for me, be more urgent since they provide instant improvement to two issues that cause fans grief in the here and now.

The whole MyGers section needs totally upgraded.Make it easier to find.Too many times folk have to ask on here how to find their points.
If you are charging £40/£50 a year for memberships,then members need to be able to easily log in and get a detailed,accurate and updated points total.
The way it is current way where weeks go by without points being updated,then points get added and removed on the same day isn’t great.
It might make the scheme more appealing if each member had their own dashboard for MyGers and they could check what they were getting points for and watch their points total grow.

Yes mate, they are all improvements that need to happen. @Boab is simply trying to gauge which ones the fans see as more of a priority than others. For example, I would love a history section. I'd spend hours on it. However, the MyGers points breakdown and the ability to upgrade concession tickets would, for me, be more urgent since they provide instant improvement to two issues that cause fans grief in the here and now.
I thought the upgrade option would have been a close 2nd but goes to show simple and clear navigation to get tickets is high up there.

Almost 200 voters so far, it's a small sample in the bigger scheme of things but still tells a story and is really useful to try and push things forward with the right people.

I thought the upgrade option would have been a close 2nd but goes to show simple and clear navigation to get tickets is high up there.

Almost 200 voters so far, it's a small sample in the bigger scheme of things but still tells a story and is really useful to try and push things forward with the right people.
Exactly how I see it @Boab. Have to say I’m very surprised to see the request for Tickets to be a menu item (Issue 2) in second place - and almost first. It needs to be done, of course, but we all know how to find Tickets and it’s just 2 extra clicks away. I thought the ability to upgrade a child/concession (Issue 1) would be first/second as we see it on here so often in posts. Such a pain for such a simple thing.

I guess one affects everybody and the other affects only a percentage will be the reason. Just shows you we don’t all think the same.:)

Great response so far, if I can get to 500 voters by the Poll closing date that's a great sample to take to Rangers to highlight what their Web Users want. At this rate I think it's achievable, please forward this thread to anyone you know and encourage them to vote, takes seconds to do and could have a positive impact.

Cheers

An access all areas section for behind the scenes footage on the website for RTV or Mygers members. Dortmund, Ajax and Munich have this down to a T

An access all areas section for behind the scenes footage on the website for RTV or Mygers members. Dortmund, Ajax and Munich have this down to a T
Not sure what you mean here mate. RangersTV has the Inside Ibrox features, and even Inside Auchenhowie now I notice recently. We used to get the Training videos as well but they’ve dropped off.

Either way, anybody yet to vote on the poll please do so. I think tomorrow is the deadline and then @Boab is going to forward results to the Club. Always nice to see someone go the extra mile and actually do something rather than us all just moan on here,:)

Not sure what you mean here mate. RangersTV has the Inside Ibrox features, and even Inside Auchenhowie now I notice recently. We used to get the Training videos as well but they’ve dropped off.

Either way, anybody yet to vote on the poll please do so. I think tomorrow is the deadline and then @Boab is going to forward results to the Club. Always nice to see someone go the extra mile and actually do something rather than us all just moan on here,:)
Yes we do but it us very basic on comparison to these teams. If you go on bayern or ajax behind the scenes you tube you get alot more than we do and just simply looking at website there are links visible to behind scenes access for members. I understand that they have more money to put into their TV stations but ours is still way behind what it should be. Very basic with the odd interview that has same questions repeated. I little bit more effort and thought I to it.

For example Ajax presenter with kit man. We know we'd all love a Jimmy Bell show.

A basic comparison from barca to ours is much more inviting as soon as you go on the website

I'm a fan of this, even more so that it's a mobile view as well.

It is clear what you can select and why you would select it, it has all the main options and next upcoming first team match information that people would expect and it's optimised perfectly for the screen.

In addition I love the idea of a live online stadium tour for those who are overseas or can't make the trip to Ibrox. They could do that for the new museum as well and charge a reduced rate. It makes the Clubs history even more accessible to fans. Could even do an online Q&A section so online fans can participate during the tour. Maybe for another thread though :))

Interesting find at the very bottom of the Hospitality section of our website
Seems we have a collaboration with a company called SeatGeek for handling the hospitality ticket experience, can't seem to find the same reference for standard ticketing but after a quick glance on their website and what they offer it's something I hope we're going to utilise more to improve that area if we're not already.

See this part, do you mean if they have Friends & Family set up?

Along with possibly upgrading to adult tickets as an easy thing to do on the site, that's something I'd like to see made far more simple.

I maybe have to use it every month or so and it's so far from being intuitive it's unreal.

I had to do it for tickets earlier in the season and then again the other day for the MyGers training thing. Surely it makes sense to have the option to be looking for your F&F tickets as you start selecting seats?

As it is you to select a seat under your name, then semi-confirm (possibly even go so far as "checkout") for that and scroll down to find the other person's details and flip to their part of things and select a 2nd seat at that point.

Even knowing how to do it now (after someone kindly mentioned it on here / twitter before - because otherwise you'd never figure it out intuitively) it's not obvious as to the steps you take and if you're not doing it every other day there's no way it becomes easy to do it

It's clunky AF.

Last edited:
- Better coordination between RTV and Rangers website. I see a totally separate history for the purchases in each section - one with all the tv purchases and one with tickets and programmes (It might just be me who has screwed up with two different accounts!)

- it would be good to be able to tie all purchases for the club to your account across all platforms (shops and online). Should really be giving a mygers point per pound or something.

Personally I’d like to see the option of being able to upgrade junior/concession tickets online. 3 times this season I’ve tried this and only on one occasion the ticket office responded to multiple emails - which was a week later. Seems like it would be something simple and easy to implement surely.

I'll admit that I'm not on the website too often, but if it isn't optimized for usage on mobile devices as the poll suggests, then I'm really surprised that's not got more votes, considering the vast majority of folk using the website will be doing so on their phone (I'd have thought?).

Probably every single item on the poll is needing looked at to be fair and the majority of items are ticket related.

In my opinion the whole ticket section needs to be better and there should be a more visible link to that section on the main menu.

However, I feel having up to date match fixtures/results/info on our site is also very important.

I’ve gone 4 & 6… other stuff is quite specific but if you can’t have a coherent description of the club history, and the most recent results/appearances etc updated on the official club website then the credibility goes out the window IMO.

The club website will be the first point of reference for a lot of poeple - the basics need to be right and up to date.

I think general usability of the site needs improved. It is slow, poorly laid out and generally not easy to use. For example, on matchday when you log in to RTV you’d think the video for the game that day would be right at the top in full view. However, instead they have you hunting about for it and instead show interviews from several days ago.

I also think the ticket sales section is more confusing and difficult than it needs to be.

- Better coordination between RTV and Rangers website. I see a totally separate history for the purchases in each section - one with all the tv purchases and one with tickets and programmes (It might just be me who has screwed up with two different accounts!)

- it would be good to be able to tie all purchases for the club to your account across all platforms (shops and online). Should really be giving a mygers point per pound or something.
No, you're right, its two accounts. We are supposedly moving to a single-login with all parts of the website under one umbrella/single account. At present only MyGers and RangersTV have 'merged' and Tickets (and items bought through Ticketing) is still entirely separate.

Personally I’d like to see the option of being able to upgrade junior/concession tickets online. 3 times this season I’ve tried this and only on one occasion the ticket office responded to multiple emails - which was a week later. Seems like it would be something simple and easy to implement surely.
Issue 1 mate. Make sure you vote for it if you haven't already. I'm personally surprised its so far behind given the number of times we get asked how to do it on here.

Aye I thought there would’ve been more votes for that tbh. In saying that though there is a whole load that could be improved on the website
Every item @Boab has listed is valid - and there will be many more as well. Have to start somewhere though, and sending them a list a mile long will likely see it consigned straight to the bin.

I've no idea what @Boab's strategy will be but I think a top 5 from the poll list with some supporting justification along the lines of x% of FollowFollow's daily visitors who voted said these were their top priorities. Something along those lines anyway. I think this is his line of work so he knows what he's doing without me sticking my oar in ha ha.

At its most basic I think we can all see the Tickets section of the website is from a different era and that the systems supporting that in the Ticket Centre - their databases, the need to do stuff manually etc - is from the 80s/90s. The Club know this and it would be good to see them address it.

Back