Richard Keys claims inside info on Klopps replacement

Johnny Yen

Old hairy hands is claiming his sources have informed him Alonso has decided on Liverpool.

I know Keys is a joke figure these days but do we think Alonso will end up at Liverpool or Bayern Munich?

Old hairy hands is claiming his sources have informed him Alonso has decided on Liverpool.

I know Keys is a joke figure these days but do we think Alonso will end up at Liverpool or Bayern Munich?
doubt it , but if it doesn't go through i'm sure he's that in the know he'll know why

He'll go to Liverpool if they want him.
He's done some job but I do still think it's too soon for him, could be wrong but I just think of other young managers that started off great but just didn't work when they moved.
Folk like vilas boas, potter granted both of them were at the shit show that is Chelsea.

Sky Sports Germany is repeatedly speculating about how he "would" pick Bayern then dressing it up as a scoop. Ultimately, no one has a clue. Least of all Richard Keys.
Not for a minute suggesting Keys has the inside scoop, I think Alonso will have made his choice though, it's a huge decision and he's not leaving that until end of season.

There are bound to be some folk who will know.

I think Klopp will end up Germany manager at some point, he's said he's going to spend a year's out and he might but Nagelsmann is only contracted until the end of Euro 2024
They’re discussing a new deal with Nagelsmann at the moment.

Sky Sports Germany is repeatedly speculating about how he "would" pick Bayern then dressing it up as a scoop. Ultimately, no one has a clue. Least of all Richard Keys.
Was about to post same. Some German journo was being discussed on TalkSport confident that it would be Bayern over Liverpool.

Probably the German equivalent of Keys.

Hairy Hanz anyone? B-D

Wonder if Steven Gerrard would join his backrooms staff.

Quite a Liverpooly thing.

Would like to see that.
I have thought about that too. If Stevie can step down as a boss and become his assistant, they could maybe look at the “boot room” model they used to thrive on? Stevie moving up into the job in 5 years when Alonso moved to Barca or Real.

The Liverpool job arguably comes up less often than the Bayern one and they tend to be more patient with their managers.

For his family I wouldn’t be at all shocked if he went to Bayern. I think staying in Germany could be the key component.

Bayern are having a bad season by their own high standards but Alonso may see them as a far better chance of winning regular trophies over the next two or three seasons that will further enhance his CV.

He may back himself though and think he can take on Pep's City next season but it will be a far more difficult task than adding another Bundesliga title or two to the one he will surely win this season in Leverkusen.

Is this Key’s source?
images

He'll go to Liverpool if they want him.
He's done some job but I do still think it's too soon for him, could be wrong but I just think of other young managers that started off great but just didn't work when they moved.
Folk like vilas boas, potter granted both of them were at the shit show that is Chelsea.
In this camp too. The structure at BL appears to be very good. Unsure as to what kind of structure awaits him at Liverpool by comparison.

The euro football ‘expert’ on talksport last night said its looking more like Bayern IF he leaves Leverkusen at all?

You got to reckon if he sews up the Bundesliga title with Bayer, then the obvious progression is England if the offer is on the table, rather than remain in Germany.
Not sure its obvious.
he could go and re build bayern, that would only enhance his credentials. he could go to madrid and steer what is a younger squad on to glory.
Liverpool job would be a cracker for him as well, just not sure its that obvious.

Not sure its obvious.
he could go and re build bayern, that would only enhance his credentials. he could go to madrid and steer what is a younger squad on to glory.
Liverpool job would be a cracker for him as well, just not sure its that obvious.
I meant more obvious in terms of, winning the German title with a club outwith Bayern, is so significant, that he would look to challenges outwith Germany after this season. And who knows when the Liverpool job would next become available.

Appreciate you could say the same for Real and Bayern.

Does anyone else think he'll just take the biggest salary, like 95% of people in football do?

If I was Alonso I'd rather take over an ailing Bayern team with free scoring Kane than trying to fill a legend's boots at a high flying Liverpool who could possibly be sans Salah next season.

I wonder if he might go to Bayern for a couple of years to wait for Don Carlo finally leaving Real?
They might be happy to have him for two years but Liverpool would probably want him to commit for longer.

I think he’ll go to Bayern, mainly as you don’t want to be the guy to follow Klopp. Bit like Fergie and Moyes.

Couldn't agree more.

Realistically the only way is up for Bayern as well, in a league where he's managed already.

If he does well at Bayern the Liverpool job will pretty much always be there for him.

Very difficult coming into Liverpool after Klopp. In today’s terms Klopp is a long serving manager. The whole structure of the club will be directed at working Klopps way.

Whoever comes in will have to change lots of things including the way key people at the club think. That is much easier to do if it is a club that is wanting change. Many at Liverpool will want a Klopp clone.

Alonso would be sensible waiting in Germany. Liverpool job likely to come up again in more favourable circumstances.

Last edited:
Very difficult coming into Liverpool after Klopp. In today’s terms Klopp is a long serving manager. The woke structure of the club will be directed at working Klopps way.

Whoever comes in will have to change lots of things including the way key people at the club think. That is much easier to do if it is a club that is wanting change. Many at Liverpool will want a Klopp clone.

Alonso would be sensible waiting in Germany. Liverpool job likely to come up again in more favourable circumstances.

Amazing!

Very surprised with that news re Alonso.

Thought he was a stick on for Liverpool, a possible for Bayern, but I didn’t see him staying at Leverkusen for another year.

Back