Richard Keys Sky should be supporting Andy Walker over his Ibrox and Parkhead bans

I take it that he doesn’t know what the problem is then.
Keys is very bitter towards Sky and will take any chance to have a dig at them.
More accurately he doesnt care what the problem is because as mentioned he hates SKY and will take any chance to have a pop.

Its a bit like when the media hacks praised Wallace and Miller in their stand off with Rangers. No a single one of them knew what happened or gave a toss about either player but it was a good opportunity to stick the boot into Rangers in public.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good narrative.

Maybe game commentators should just do what they are supposed to do and commentate on the actual game.

If Andy Walker was as good as keys is making out he’d be covering English matches. In fact how about Walker does EPL and we get Souness?
he does get random World Cup qualifiers to co-commentate on so he has some pals at Sky it seems. Heard him on games that aren't Scotland games

either that or the main lot can't be arsed and they send him because he's cheap

Walker stated live on air without any substance that "Rangers are in a perilous financial state" while you cant go around banning everyone who doesn't like you, you cannot let a comment like that go unpunished. We did that for far too long and it contributed to what happened in 2012. Walker should be made to explain his comments apologise then he can come back.

Walker stated live on air without any substance that "Rangers are in a perilous financial state" while you cant go around banning everyone who doesn't like you, you cannot let a comment like that go unpunished. We did that for far too long and it contributed to what happened in 2012. Walker should be made to explain his comments apologise then he can come back.
I agree with everything you say apart from the last four words. I would keep him banned from Ibrox because a) he is unprofessional and b) is unable to conceal his hatred of Rangers during his commentating.

If employees of Rangers went on record to say Sky were in a perilous financial position do we think Sky would do feck all? A letter from their lawyers would be hitting the Ibrox doormat before you could say “Andy Walker is a kant”

I understand the point Keys is making but broadcasters/journalists shouldn’t have free reign to make inaccurate comments without the fear of reprisal

As others have pointed out, it can impact investor confidence/put off new investors etc. By all means make those comments if he has evidence to substantiate his claims but he clearly doesn’t

Did he not shag his daughter’s pal?
He did.

Given his track record of being sacked for inappropriate comments and allegedly having an affair with his daughters friend you would think he would show a bit of savvy and keep his head down but as others have said, he probably doesn’t even know what Walker said and he can’t help himself when he gets the chance to criticise Sky.

I'm not defending walker and he's out of order for what he said about us and the club are right to ban him until he corrects his statement.

However the tims have banned him because he spoke out how they were wrong to go to dubai, this is where I have the issue. If clubs start banning people because they don't like what they are saying despite it being the truth then we are going down a dangerous path

I'm not defending walker and he's out of order for what he said about us and the club are right to ban him until he corrects his statement.

However the tims have banned him because he spoke out how they were wrong to go to dubai, this is where I have the issue. If clubs start banning people because they don't like what they are saying despite it being the truth then we are going down a dangerous path
We should be considering an apology and legal action. You can’t run around accusing companies of perilous finances when they are trying to attract investors and sponsors.

This report paints it as poor Andy Walker bad Rangers and Celtic. It is cynical the way reporters report us amongst the manky mob. We never ever come first unless there is negativity. By putting us first in this report it makes the neutral think we are spearheading or mostly at fault. Amazing when it is a rosy report that Celtic default to being quoted first over us. As if they are showing the way. Wanks the lot of them.

55 titles and counting. :shh:

If Sky were paying the same sort of money to Rangers as they do to clubs in the English Premiership then they might have a bit of clout. They don't though so they can eff off.

It’s a shame that Walker has ended up banned by both Rangers and Celtic for comments made... it makes something of a martyr of him.

Sky should have binned him for being consistently bland, negative and irrelevant as a co-commentator. He offer nothing in terms of insight into the game - just spends time trying to stir up non-existent controversy.

Why are DR reaching out to Keys for his opinion on this? Surely not to just get the response they want……hahah

Walker is on Sky for his football opinion. He has no idea of our finances so should not comment.
I can't see Sky falling out with us over this. They would back him if it was something he said in the context of play because its about opinions.

I thought H&H covered this well the other day. What he said could have shaken investor confidence, put players off signing, or had other negative consequences for the club. Given he didn’t provide any evidence to back up his claim, it has to be viewed as scaremongering. Therefore his ban is fully justified. The freedom of the press doesn’t extend to making stuff up.

I went to an event at the Shrangri la hotel in Oman with Keys and Andy Gray, think it was March 2017. Keys was a slimy fucker and absolute creep. Making jokes about his daughters pal.

Guy is for the watching.

Keys has only been complimentary towards Rangers because of his friendship with Andy Gray. First and foremost he's a journalist always looking for contentious story and this situation is right up his street. Keys only cares about Keys
And his daughters pal

Back