Ridvan and Lawrence

Craigie

Would start both next week.

Lawrence offers more of a "direct " goal threat than Cantwell and will be more likely to get up close to Dessers.

Ridvan had the jersey before his injury and, assuming he's fully fit, comes straight back in for me.

Rest of the team as today's starting line up, assuming Balogun is fit.

Lawrence offers more of a "direct " goal threat than Cantwell and will be more likely to get up close to Dessers.

Ridvan had the jersey before his injury and, assuming he's fully fit, comes straight back in for me.

Not sure Lawrence has the pace to play at the crime scene. Lots of running off the ball will be required

I like Cantwell but it seems the Old Firm occasion gets in his head a little too much especially this season.

Lawrence can have a dig but can he play at the intensity of the game or will it just pass him by.

Fck knows. Just get these bastards beat.

Ridvan makes a huge difference to us. I’ve thought for a while it would be worth trying Lawrence on the left. At least he can shoot and also play a creative pass

That’s his natural position on the left, he’s just not got the legs for it now.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves as Lawrence came on ahainst a tired 10 man team. He’s been woefully ineffective when he’s started any time.

Lawrence is done. Took his goal sensational well but let's not act like his performances the past wee while have been honking.

Nah, not Lawrence for me next week. Their midfield with O'Riley and Hatate will be full of running and we'll need to match it. I don't think that's Lawrence's strength.

Heard this about Lawrence before the game at Ibrox and the game completely passed him by.

Cantwell has little end product imo, Lawrence has been poor of late.
To have any chance next week, both of them (at different times of the match) are going to have to step up and find a way to hurt them.
Otherwise we'll be toast.

I would take Lawrence off the bench doing that next week no problem. :D

Ridvan is a must and has the gallous streak in him to give zero respect to them.

Ridvan yes.

Not a chance I’d start Lawrence though. His pedestrian style ambling about in midfield will see us destroyed.

We need legs and athleticism against them,
Lawrence doesn’t give us that.
Hope he can but doubt Ridvan has 90 minutes in him.

Ridvan 100%

Lawrence I just don't trust to do the running that we will need for large periods next week and the countering at pace. An option off the bench.

Lawrence is a luxury player and would be a passenger there.

He doesn’t have the mobility to be effective there.

I don't think I'd play Lawrence or Cantwell to be honest. I'd go a flat 3 in midfield and play Diomande, Lundstram and Raskin. Sterling can drop back and make a 4 when needs be.

Wouldn’t play either of them. Both are atrocious off the ball and we’ll be conceding the midfield battle if either feature.

I’d be putting Diomande further forward and putting Sterling in beside Lundstram.
Sterling in the middle is a must for me. Dio wide like Aribo?

Time and a place for Tom Lawrence. Starting against the likes of Celtic isn't it.

Today though, off the bench against a stretched and tired opponent? Ideal. Tore them open a fair few times and could've scored at least another goal.

Ridvan definitely. Not so sure about Lawrence, although I do think he's a much better player than he's given credit for.

Lawrence legs are gone, all he has to offer us now is last 30 minutes of games.

He would have an absolute nightmare with the pace the first half of an old firm is played at.

Lawrence was anonymous at Ibrox against them, except the foul that cost us an equaliser when we were swarming all over them.

Ridvan - yes, all day long.

Lawrence doesn't have the legs to play there.

I am worried that Silva doesn't have the temperament to play there either. Can see him getting involved in stupid stuff and costing us.

Ridvan absolutely should play.

Back