Ridvan and Lawrence

I think we need to stiffen up the midfield more next week and have Lundstram Diomande and Sterling. No idea who we’d play wide but can cantwell do a job out wide? I know he wasn’t great there but needs must.

I wouldn't start Lawrence tbh.
Id start with Yilmaz though.
Keep Lawrence as hopefully an impact sub for when that lot are tired.

Yilmaz starts next week and I think we should play Sterling RB as he has the pace and physical stamina to keep wee tenko in order and put tav in front and give those cunts something to think about

I really hoped Ridvan would get more gametime today than he did.

If he starts next weekend we'll be throwing him straight into an Old Firm at the Piggery with just 14 minutes played in the last 8 weeks.

He's a far better player than Barisic but that's a very big ask. I pray Ridvan starts but I won't be surprised if Clement doesn't consider him fit enough / up to speed.

A part of me will die if I see Borna's name on the teamsheet at 11:30 on Saturday.

Ridvan has to start but I wouldn’t have Lawrence anywhere near that game, good goal today but he isn’t a very good player. Constantly shoots when a simple pass through is the better play.

I would have Sterling in the middle next to lundstram and diomande. Play a flat 3 in the middle.

The manager will go with:

Butland
Tav Balogun Souttar Ridvan
Lundstram Diomande
Sterling Cantwell Silva
Dessers

I’d go with:

Butland
Sterling Lundstram Diomande
McCausland Cantwell
Dessers
I would also like to go 3 in midfield too. That's where the game will be won or lost imo.

Would start both next week.

Lawrence offers more of a "direct " goal threat than Cantwell and will be more likely to get up close to Dessers.

Ridvan had the jersey before his injury and, assuming he's fully fit, comes straight back in for me.

Rest of the team as today's starting line up, assuming Balogun is fit.
Yilmaz looked well off the pace when he came on.

Borna Has to start next week (which gives me the fear).

Hopefully he puts in one if his best performances to sign off

I'd have Cantwell on the right hand side next week and a midfield 3 of Lundstram Diomande and Sterling

Dio Sterling lundstram

Cantwell

Dessers. Silva

They would never expect it, best way to beat them is press their defence

Would give up the wings but better that than the usual being overrun in the middle

Yilmaz looked well off the pace when he came on.

Borna Has to start next week (which gives me the fear).

Hopefully he puts in one if his best performances to sign off
I have a feeling Borna might not be available for next week.

I'm sure Ridvan will start in any case.

I'd say Lawrence was more suited to playing against a technical side, like many European sides but definitely not suited to a blood sweat and snotters game that we'll have at the weekend.
Horses for courses and next week isn't his time for a runout.
I'd definitely play Yilmaz though, Borna's crumbled there too many times to be considered.

I think it’s been proven on literally every single occasion that starting Cantwell and bringing on Lawrence is infinitely better than starting Lawrence and bringing on Cantwell.

Surprised it’s even a discussion.

Would start both next week.

Lawrence offers more of a "direct " goal threat than Cantwell and will be more likely to get up close to Dessers.

Ridvan had the jersey before his injury and, assuming he's fully fit, comes straight back in for me.

Rest of the team as today's starting line up, assuming Balogun is fit.
No to Lawrence starting , let us down too many times.

Lawrence doesnt look fit to me... as much as i like him (although never really reached his peak with us). We need the energy in there next weekend.

Butland
Tavernier Balogun Souttar Ridvan
Sterling Lundstram
Diomande
McCausland ____________Cantwell
Silva​
I'd go similar to this, lots of energy in midfield. .. although probably have Dessers up front and Silva in place.of Mccausland..
Not sure why mind you!

Lawrence should be nowhere near the team next week, or any week really, unless you are happy to get an absolute chasing in the middle of the pitch. He can't run.

He has all the mobility of a slug on valium. 20 minute cameos at the end of the game is about all he's good for.

A great goal today but he's been woeful for weeks.

Did you actually watch the last game against them?

The one that Lawrence was 20 yards off the game for the entire time he was on the pitch?

A cameo role for a player whose legs have completely gone is fine but he has no future as a prominent player at our club. We’re literally counting down the days until we can get him off the pay bill.

Not his fault, not our fault but he is totally done. As in Roofe levels of done.

Ridvan 100% should start.

I think we need more legs in midfield though so would be tempted to go put Sterling in there, move Diomande slightly forward and have Lawrence and Cantwell on the bench there for later.

We need to be solid early on.

Yilmaz will be in ahead of Borna, for me that’s a certainty. And if it’s a choice between Cantwell and Lawrence, I’m sure Cantwell gets the nod.
Who shouldn’t play is another question.
I dont want to see Wright in the starting line up ever again. When I saw his name before the 3-3 draw I was very disappointed. I also think McCausland would be the wrong choice to start on Saturday. His lack of experience and confidence has been blatantly obvious for a few months now.

The manager will go with:

Butland
Lundstram Diomande
Sterling Cantwell Silva
Dessers

I’d go with:

Butland
Sterling Lundstram Diomande
McCausland Cantwell
Dessers

Lawrence for McCausland and I'd be happy.

Back