Right/Left center back

Him that played alongside Chiellini for club and country? They swapped when playing for either club or country? :)

He played on the right side when he was partnering Chiellini. He played on the left side when he was partnering De Ligt or Barzagli.

He also played in the centre when playing in a back three.

Quite obviously there are players all over the world who play different sides for club and country.

If Brazil's best two centrebacks played RCB for their club, they still both get picked for the national team meaning one has to play LCB.

Must happen in numerous international teams.

He played on the right side when he was partnering Chiellini. He played on the left side when he was partnering De Ligt or Barzagli.

He also played in the centre when playing in a back three.

The majority of his career he played on the right of a 2. Majority of it with Italy too. Playing in the centre is not as drastic as playing in 2.

Of course there will be times when players play in a different position, but they wont be as effective. And it is few and far between. Most players will play in that one position right cab/left cb at centre back.

Not many others play in both left cb and right cb.

Quite obviously there are players all over the world who play different sides for club and country.

If Brazil's best two centrebacks played RCB for their club, they still both get picked for the national team meaning one has to play LCB.

Must happen in numerous international teams.

That is few and far between. Of course they will play the best 2 centre halves but it isn’t a regular thing. Players will usually play in the same side for most of their career.

That is few and far between. Of course they will play the best 2 centre halves but it isn’t a regular thing. Players will usually play in the same side for most of their career.

That's just silly mate. National teams generally pick the two best centre halfs available to them.

Teams aren't going to leave, and never have left, three or four better centre halves on the bench so they can play an inferior one who plays on the left side for example

Souttar has played his entire defensive career on the right hand side.
I think yesterday would have been his competitive debut on the left hand side of central defence.
I do wonder if Gio is considering playing 3 centre backs and pushing rb and lb far further forward

That's just silly mate. National teams generally pick the two best centre halfs available to them.

Teams aren't going to leave, and never have left, three or four better centre halves on the bench so they can play an inferior one who plays on the left side for example

Where did I say that? I said National teams will play their best centre halves.

There's plenty of examples of it. There's more right footed CBS playing on the left of a back four than there are left footed.
Left footed CBS are harder to come by. Must be an issue throughout football then if that's the case.

If it’s not important move Goldson to the left and give souttar a go on the right.

It is important and that’s why we won’t move Goldson

Back