Right Wing

EK1422

This has been the gaping hole in our first 11 for years now.

Why do we shoehorn players into this position, year in year out?

We seem to be of the frame of mind that if we sign a left winger or number 10 that they can easily be slotted into the wide right position.

It takes a completely different skill set to play as a right winger than as left winger or no 10 and it’s become obvious that none of current crop are capable of nailing down this position.

From this group of players we’ve seen Matondo, Tillman, Lawrence, Hagi, Arfield, Sakala, Roofe and Wright all fill in at RW. With the exception of Wright every one of those players best position isn’t RW, so the question is; why not go out and recruit an out and out right winger? (Matondo will be a far more effective option to us on the left than on the right, IMO).

I look forward to yet another year of endlessly cycling through our current options, never truly finding our answer to the problem.

Don’t get why a left footer RW wasn’t signed come inside and allow tav to stay wide maybe not gios tactics aka skov Olsen

Matondo is a left winger so again we haven’t addressed a major weakness.

Goalkeeper or creative mid? nah forget that too

Much more exciting when you just say %^*& it and neglect every major issue in the squad

People will say it's for Wright's defensive side of the game - which last night was poor, again.

Baffling Scott Wright still continues to get minutes in this Rangers team.
Defensive side is irrelevant when it’s him passing to the opposition or just running into blind alleys and losing it.

He’s capable against most Scottish teams but it’s glaringly obvious he isn’t good enough when we step up to this level.

The concerning thing for me is the manager thinks he’s ahead of other players.

Matondo should have been on the park instead of wright. That is our rw, the one we just invested money in.

Defensive side is irrelevant when it’s him passing to the opposition or just running into blind alleys and losing it.

He’s capable against most Scottish teams but it’s glaringly obvious he isn’t good enough when we step up to this level.

The concerning thing for me is the manager thinks he’s ahead of other players.

I wouldn’t be playing him in Scotland either, unless we really had to.

Back