Right winger...

I don't understand why Sakala isn't playing there. I don't have anything against Wright and thought he was decent, played a big part in the goal, but Sakala is so dangerous. Defenders absolutely hate him running at them.

we need a better central midfielder before anything else. That's where I'd spend any cash.

Being 44 i've been spoiled with midfielders. I'd love an albertz in any team but we need a ferguson type that demands the ball, dominates. Our midfield is way too weak.

Not Wright's fault but Sakala should be starting before him. Baffling why he doesn't get the nod, Kent's suspension might give Fashion a chance

Kent created chances and got an assist, Wright didn’t
A bit harsh given Wright did really well to give Kent the opportunity for the assist! Kent didn’t crest more chances than Wright, he kept blowing it when he close to goal.

If you go to the transfer thread you will see many people saying it’s ok because we won the league by a canter with this squad.

I defend Wright quite a bit on here

But he’s miles away from Kent and that’s even on a night like tonight. Kent created chances and got an assist, Wright didn’t
Kent's definitely better than Wright. But without a really good switch of play from Wright, Kent wouldn't have had the ball in so much space to get his assist. 2 perfect passes for that goal, one by Wright and one by Kent

Kent's definitely better than Wright. But without a really good switch of play from Wright, Kent wouldn't have had the ball in so much space to get his assist. 2 perfect passes for that goal, one by Wright and one by Kent
A bit harsh given Wright did really well to give Kent the opportunity for the assist! Kent didn’t crest more chances than Wright, he kept blowing it when he close to goal.
You’re both right tbf it was a great ball from him

Seemed to spend the rest of his match head down and just rubbing though. That was never a game for Scott Wright to start imo

The inability to address this position in a timely manner is really frustrating. Maybe just maybe we win that with a bit of quality and a threat out there.

A bit harsh to target Wright. Any worse than Kent? Not at all.

I get what you are saying but if Kent gets the space Wright got tonight we win that game. Especially first half. His first touch a few times just lacked the sharpness that Kent showed more than once tonight but he wasn’t afforded the same space once he got the ball down.

You’re both right tbf it was a great ball from him

Seemed to spend the rest of his match head down and just rubbing though. That was never a game for Scott Wright to start imo
I said after 60 minutes Sakala should come on for Wright, he had a poor second half. But I thought he was a threat in the first and played a huge part in creating the goal.

I get what you are saying but if Kent gets the space Wright got tonight we win that game. Especially first half. His first touch a few times just lacked the sharpness that Kent showed more than once tonight but he wasn’t afforded the same space once he got the ball down.
Sorry but that’s not true at all. Wright was closely marked by Hayes, a better defender than Ramsay. Kent had opportunity after opportunity and either fell over himself or just totally wasted it with his end product. Both players created the goal of course.

the only good that will come from tonight, is if we are haggling on a price for a quality RW, then the board need to use the Patterson funds asap to get the correct player in before our next league match.

id even investigate again, how much we would have to pay for Souttar - he was made for that type of game tonight, I really like him but not Basseys finest match tonight....

Called it yesterday when folk were calling for Wright to start. Not good enough, should never be starting games for us

Wright is an impact player you bring on with 10-15 minutes of the game left to try and stretch opposing teams if we are serious about wanting to play champions league football we need far better.

Even at the club, everyone has known we need a RW for a month.

Yet we've signed a defensive midfielder on loan and a CB whilst selling a RB for a club record fee.

How have we not brought in a RW by now?

If anything he was better than Kent tonight and arguably has been all season so picking on only him is unjustified tonight.
He hasn’t been better than kent all season that’s a lot of shite mate. I ain’t picking on him at all I’m only giving my opinion on another posts comment. He isn’t good enough to be anything more than a bit part player at this time unless he improves massively. We need a RW and need one quickly.

Two needed between now and end of window

Midfielder and right winger. What the %^*& have we been doing to this date recruitment wise?

I thought Wright was giving them trouble and was unlucky to come off. I would have subbed Hagi.

He’s not a first choice player though especially in the tougher games. Right wing should be a priority.

We badly need quality right winger we have needed it for years now but for some reason we just shoehorn players into that role. We also badly need an Attacking midfielder.

Yeah we need a tricky right winger. I think Wright’s a good player but his main asset is pace and directness, but against Hayes he didn’t do it. Maybe if we had another option then for these games Wright could be moved into a number 10 role in Aribo’s absence.

Wright is decent as an impact sub. I feel sorry for Sakala that since his hat trick he hasn't been afforded a proper chance. I still think we need some serious quality on that RW position.

Back