Rino Gattuso to Spurs

Would be a cracking move for Rino.

Spurs are an absolute disaster right enough, a club of that size thrashing about for seemingly anyone who will take the manager’s job is slightly embarrassing.

It’ll come down to what everything else in the world comes down to - money; or lack of it.
The reason he left Fiorentina was because they didn’t want to work with Mendes, if Levy is open to that then I reckon it’ll go through.

Suppose in a sense you could say that is money.

The reason he left Fiorentina was because they didn’t want to work with Mendes, if Levy is open to that then I reckon it’ll go through.
Suppose in a sense you could say that is money.
It’s absolutely about money.

Levy is tight/runs his club well.

I hope he goes; would love him in the EPL.

This would be an absolute fucking disaster.

They've got a great squad, they just need a coach who can get the best out of it. They're going to skimp on a manager and throw more millions at players they don't need and finish mid table when they should be pushing the boat out for a top class appointment like Conte.

Rino as a manager is a bit off a basket case.
As a player he was superb.
I'm I remembering correctly that he played RB for us most of the time.

Think Rino is getting a real tough time here! Left Fiorentina out of principal as thought his hands would be tied to signings. Levy for all his faults needs a spark and Gattuso could be it. Good jobs at both Milan and Napoli, speaks English fluent and tactically proficient . I for one thinks he will be a success. Far too many here reading headlines or snippets of his early career

Think Rino is getting a real tough time here! Left Fiorentina out of principal as thought his hands would be tied to signings. Levy for all his faults needs a spark and Gattuso could be it. Good jobs at both Milan and Napoli, speaks English fluent and tactically proficient . I for one thinks he will be a success. Far too many here reading headlines or snippets of his early career
Agreed. He’d do well there, I reckon. I hope it materialises.

I think he left Fiorentina because he wanted better players than then club were willing to sign.

The club said no to the players that he proposed through his agent and offered him cheaper alternatives.

I think they are calling it a “disagreement on transfer strategy”.

All depends what cash Levy is willing to spend. I’m pretty sure talks with Conte fell through, due to exactly the same reason.

Would love to see him in the EPL. Not sure about Spurs but they are high profile so the pressure might suit him.

Seems like another bonkers decision by Spurs.

Sack Pochettino a few months after he gets you to the CL final and you again haven’t backed him in the transfer market.

Bring in Jose, spend a load of money and go backwards then sack him.

Get so far down the line with a potential manager that he thinks he has the job and you have been discussing signing targets for him, but then abruptly bin him.

Bring in a guy who has had not one but 2 jobs that he has left in the last 3 months, leaving the last one because he couldn’t get the players his agent wanted. And you probably could have got him before he went to Fiorentina if he was your guy in the first place!

Bizarre.

Spurs look even more shambolic than the Yahoos.

Tried to woo Poch back then turned their attentions to Conte when that failed but found he wasn’t interested either, then they go for this Fonseca bloke which also bit the dust and now they’re looking at Gattuso which has ‘doomed to failure’ written all over it.

It’s desperate stuff.

Seems like another bonkers decision by Spurs.

Sack Pochettino a few months after he gets you to the CL final and you again haven’t backed him in the transfer market.

Bring in Jose, spend a load of money and go backwards then sack him.

Get so far down the line with a potential manager that he thinks he has the job and you have been discussing signing targets for him, but then abruptly bin him.

Bring in a guy who has had not one but 2 jobs that he has left in the last 3 months, leaving the last one because he couldn’t get the players his agent wanted. And you probably could have got him before he went to Fiorentina if he was your guy in the first place!

Bizarre.
Porch’s team needed dismantled and rebuilt. Eriksen left, a CB had announced he was leaving and Delle Ali had turned mediocre overnight (some might say he’s lazy). Lloris lost a howler got injured and struggled for form. It left Son and Kane carrying the team.
I don’t think Poch or indeed Jose could have predicted the way the whole thing wouldn’t work. Poch was there several years and JM has his wealth of experience and yet neither boss or the interim guy has shown Spurs to be any better than the table would suggest.
Other teams that are serious about the CL and winning the league will spend serious amounts of cash to do so but I don’t recall spending like City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U.

Some of the games Spurs lost last season were ridiculous considering the strength & quality of squad they had

I can only put that down to poor tactics, formations & organisation - coupled with players lack of commitment & motivation

I'm sure Levy wants a manager who'll rectify all these shortcomings with the team as it stands before forking out big dosh in replacements

The trouble will be when Kane leaves - & how good his replacement is & costs

I'm not saying the rest of the team apart from Kane can't be improved on but I can't see Levy bankrolling a major re-build - whoever becomes manager

Back