Robby mc Crorie

Bluetill

Mccrorie must have something about him if man unt see him in their squad.
We should be keeping in at no 2
1) Jon mclaughlin
2) Robby mccrorie
3)Allan mcgregor (goalkeeping coach and sometimes cup games)
Mcgregors in his 40s now,I think the other two deserve to be 1& 2 next season.

In the interest of continuing his development, and giving everyone another chance to see what he is like playing regularly, I think McCrorie should be put out on loan.

If Man Utd are in fact showing interest then clearly he has something. Not sure if that's quite enough for me to be happy with him as number 2 next season.

I'd be looking to bring in a seasoned pro to battle it out with John Mclaughlin. McCrorie on loan where he is to be the number 1. Decision to be made next season

The best keepers play.

If McCrorie isn't better than McGregor or whoever else comes in then tough. If he is then he gets the spot.

McCrorie is 24, he is older than Ramsdale at Arsenal, 2 years older than Meslier at Leeds.

If he is going to make it in the game he needs to be a number 1 now somewhere.

McGregor was 24 when he initially became our number 1 but that was straight on the back of a loan in the Championship followed by a full season in the SPL. I appreciate McCrorie has has loans but he has has very little game time recently.

It would be nice if all goalkeeper chat could be kept to this thread (ie. not in the Transfer thread!)

McCrorie is 24, he is older than Ramsdale at Arsenal, 2 years older than Meslier at Leeds.

McGregor was 24 when he initially became our number 1 but that was straight on the back of a loan in the Championship followed by a full season in the SPL. I appreciate McCrorie has has loans but he has has very little game time recently.
Wow…I didn’t realise he was that old.

Not old for keeper all the same but he should be looking for proper game time at that age.

1) Jon mclaughlin
2) Robby mccrorie
Mcgregors in his 40s now,I think the other two deserve to be 1& 2 next seaso

1) Jon mclaughlin
2) Robby mccrorie
Hard to disagree with you. So I wont;)

ideal world
McLaughlin and him battle for the No. 1 spot
no sentiment, the best keeper plays

if we get rid & bring a 3rd keeper in
thats another slot lost on the CL/Europa roster

McCrorie could easily be our first team Goalkeeper for the next 10 years+
He could in terms of age, but nobody can say with any degree of certainty that he’s got it about him.

He had a decent but patchy loan spell at Livi and then played 2 games last season. The jury is still out on him.

Unless there’s truth in the rumours about him going on loan. The only thing better than being number 2 for us this season would be going out on loan and being number one for another Premiership side.

Yeah, that's a fair point mate. Only rumours I'd heard were permanent, but you certainly have a point

Yeah, that's a fair point mate. Only rumours I'd heard were permanent, but you certainly have a point
I’d love him to go out on loan and come back to be our number one. Another homegrown Scottish number one would be brilliant but I haven’t tracked his recent progress enough to know if that is looking likely. Impressed on loan apart from a spell at Livi where he was on the bench and had a few howlers apparently.

I thought he played well in the 2 games he played last season. Hopefully we keep as either 1 or 2 this season.

McCrorie would be my number 1 GK, personally. I like McLaughlin, he’s not let us down but he’s also getting on a bit in age. I just think McCrorie has got something about him that would make him a very good number 1, and he’s already proved how good he can be in a high pressure match against the manks.

I wouldn't let him go, either in a sale or on loan but that’s just my personal opinion.

He is definitely worth a chance now as he could save us a small fortune and potentially make us a fortune.
At his age he should be starting games as a first choice and I would be stunned if he done that at Man Utd.
If they are really keen on him then swap him for Dean Henderson

I'd start the season with McCrorie as number 1, might just save us an absolute fortune in years to come
It might also cost a fortune in terms of missing out on CL qualification, Europa run, league win etc

We have very little to judge him on and so it's not worth the risk for me.

He could in terms of age, but nobody can say with any degree of certainty that he’s got it about him.

He had a decent but patchy loan spell at Livi and then played 2 games last season. The jury is still out on him.
He certainly showed he had the temperament in the two big games he played for us last season. Another season on loan at SPL/ Championship in England would tell us if he has the ability to be our No 1 . A season as No2 with us is no good for him or us.

I don’t think there’s any coincidence that the McCrorie departing permanently rumours have appeared at the same time McGregor has signed a new deal.

Absolutely no chance at his age he’s hanging about to be a number 3 keeper and I don’t see him accepting another loan either because he’s been there and done that and proved himself.

McGregor was also aided by the fact Letizi was awful and Klos was injured.

I don’t think there’s any coincidence that the McCrorie departing permanently rumours have appeared at the same time McGregor has signed a new deal.

Absolutely no chance at his age he’s hanging about to be a number 3 keeper and I don’t see him accepting another loan either because he’s been there and done that and proved himself.
Makes little sense for him to hang around tbh.

McGregor was also aided by the fact Letizi was awful and Klos was injured.
Even then Le Guen returned to Letzi. Some managers just fancy a certain goalkeeper.

I still find it baffling why he wasn't given some game time or loaned out, after impressing against Celtic.

Hopefully give him a year extension and a loan out.

Suspect McCorie is off and the club have panicked and offered McGregor a new contract.

For the sake of McCrorie’s own career, he is best leaving the club. No point in sticking around as a No3 at his age.

McCrorie clearly isn't fancied if McGregor is coming back. I thought he did very well in the first Old Firm last season. Shame for the lad
If he goes then good luck to him.

Not many Goalkeepers in our history can say they kept a clean sheet on their first OF against the orcs. He did very well that day and you could argue he was pivotal to winning with a couple of one on one stops

He certainly showed he had the temperament in the two big games he played for us last season. Another season on loan at SPL/ Championship in England would tell us if he has the ability to be our No 1 . A season as No2 with us is no good for him or us.
Agree, he needs 50-60 games somewhere. He’s played precious little football really, he doesn’t regularly play for the B team or the first team so not sure where he got his games last season.

Those two games he did well. He made a rookie mistake panicking and throwing the ball out when a rangers player went down in injury time only for Celtic to keep it and go on the attack again. I’d expect that from an 18 year old but not someone at 23.

Would be good to see what level of club are looking at him. We need every part of his game tested.

1) Jon mclaughlin
2) Robby mccrorie
Do for me unless we can improve on that, which would possibly mean McCrorie on loan.

Feel like I watch a different Rangers to some

Talk of challenging for #1 spot, our keeper for the next 10 years and even Man United interest, utterly laughable.

If he sticks around I’d be happy for him to be given the cup games next year. Like big Jon this year

Absolutely should be No 2, we've put all this time into him now were going to release him for bugger all, saw thread on Smart Cards maybe someone should get Ross Wilson one FFS.

He's had very little game time in recent years now, and what he did get at Livi didn't exactly go well.

For his own good he needs to play, whether with us or - sadly - elsewhere. He is in danger of forever being unfulfilled talent.

Back