Roofe

He seems quite emotional tonight.

Just posted to his story 'last time walking by Mr Versace room' (whatever that means).
It’s a photo of jimmy bell and Walter smith on the door. Perhaps the door to jimmys room maybe and mr Versace may have been his nickname with Roofe?

Was just coming on to post this too.

I don't know the dynamics of the squad when it comes to who are close and who don't like each other but for me roofe looked like a complete weirdo who wanted nothing to do with his team mates.

It was a shocking look and that kind of behaviour is terrible for a squad's morale and camaraderie.

I want rid of him even more than I already did for being a permanently injured wage thief.
what a load of nonsense

I wish him well and thanks for the goals in 55, braga in the quarters etc. Body, and possibly his mind, just not up to it. All the best kemar.

This is one player I actually don't think will have much of a career when he leaves us. A few people reckon he'll play 45 games next season in the Championship but I think he'll struggle to play full games into the double figures for the rest of his career. Top player but his body isn't cut out for professional football.

To use the money for someone fit to play.
Because he's played less than half of all our games since he signed.
When we signed Jack he didn't have a particularly bad injury record. Aside from a broken foot in his first season at Aberdeen the longest he had been out for was 6 weeks. We were getting a decent midfielder on a free transfer; it was a no brainer. No one could have predicted he'd have gone on to have the problems he did. Giving him an extension last summer was daft though

Reactions: TQ3
Would’ve been happy for him to stay on a pay as you play deal but they are rare these days, would've been madness to keep him on a standard deal, all the best to him and thanks for some great memories

Given he cost £4m and was on £35k a week for four years, he has to be one of our worst value signings in recent history:

Great player, but a waste of time in his last two seasons. Dessers gets stick but he’s had to play 90 mins almost every game since the winter break due to this fraud.
Spot on plus Dessers actually puts in a shift when on the pitch.
If Roofe tried that he'd break a leg.
Frustrates the life out of me seeing Dessers chase everything up front practically solo.

Given he cost £4m and was on £35k a week for four years, he has to be one of our worst value signings in recent history:

Great player, but a waste of time in his last two seasons. Dessers gets stick but he’s had to play 90 mins almost every game since the winter break due to this fraud.
Oooft. £11 million he has cost us then. Plus bonuses.

The return certainly hasnt matched the investment. Not Roofes fault though, injury ruined his career with us.

Given the difficult period our club have endured, and are still enduring, it’s no surprise that fans are frustrated and angered by his time at the club.

Our funds are severely limited and they really should not have been used retaining the services of an asset that was never going to return value.

if you look at besoccer.com and kemar roofe’s injury history there’s a depictation of his injuries. He looks like he’s been strafed by a machine gun!

Given the difficult period our club have endured, and are still enduring, it’s no surprise that fans are frustrated and angered by his time at the club.

Our funds are severely limited and they really should not have been used retaining the services of an asset that was never going to return value.

if you look at besoccer.com and kemar roofe’s injury history there’s a depictation of his injuries. He looks like he’s been strafed by a machine gun!

A human crash test dummy.

At full time, the squad did their lap round the pitch. Roofe broke off from the rest of the squad at the full time whistle and immediately started his own lap round by himself. He'd finished and was away up the tunnel by the time the rest of the squad had reached the first stand. Thought it was a bit odd.
Roofe has always struck me as a bit of an odd ball tbh.
Can't see him playing much football ever again after this.

Madness anyone wanting to keep Roofe on any sort of deal.

An element of our support just cannot say goodbye.
It’s all down to opinions mate , when he’s fit he’s the best finisher at the club , no risk involved when it’s pay as you play as if you don’t play you don’t get paid!

He can’t really help how his body is tbf. A smashing player when we got to see him fit.
Exactly that. We knew what we were signing but went ahead anyway.

Still gave me one o the best jump aff the couch moments with the half way line goal mind you!

He gets injured a lot because he gets stuck in and goes for every challenge! A quality player unfortunately he cannot seem to change his ways and I wish him well!
Seems a difference of opinion on this so I will try to make myself clear!

He is a quality player, he is a striker, strikers are not normally good tacklers or defenders, he tackles or goes in for a lot of balls that itself increases his chances of injury!

Now that doesn't mean he should not go for a ball, he makes good runs and has an eye for goal given the right service not the dreary high ball he would not only be more effective but pick up less injuries imo! Other opinions may differ and that's ok!

shame as injuries hampered what should have been a stellar time with us

but even in this "little contribution" season - his goal in Betis made us several million

Only contribution this season was the Betis goal

Injury has ruined his career and we signed him knowing he had a terrible injury history

I think he will struggle to get a good contract elsewhere but he will have earned a few quid so good luck to him

He had a lot of potential but his injury record should have been a warning

The club need to stop signing these type of players with poor injury history at other clubs as it’s a pattern and we need to learn from it

It didn't work out for him here overall but he'll be as frustrated as anyone else.

He'll be remembered for a select few goals and it could've been so much more.

If one player epitomised the fact Rangers have the highest wage structure in the league yet still come second it is in him. (Lundstum, Goldson the list goes on but you know what i mean)

As a former big fan, he’s finished, and I really can’t see anyone taking a punt on him, even on a free transfer, but good luck to him in the future.

We really really need to stop signing players like him and Jack etc. It is the epitomy of counter productive and means we have to buy another player to cover for them spending money we don't have.
In fairness Jack only really started picking up his injury issues when he came to us prior to that there was no real issue

I bear him no ill will, he was riddled with injuries, it’s hardly his fault, he is just a player who should never have been signed as he had a history of injuries before we signed him.

Getting him, Lundstram and Barisic off the wage bill will free up a fair wedge, plus others as well, good luck to them, but onwards and upwards for us.

Oooft. £11 million he has cost us then. Plus bonuses.

The return certainly hasnt matched the investment. Not Roofes fault though, injury ruined his career with us.
Winner to take us to the Europa final and winner to take us to last 16.

Also the contribution for 55. I think we are square

The reason we got him cheap was he was injury prone, and had spent a lot of his time in Belgium injured. I liked him at Leeds, and thought he was a good quality forward, and to be fair to him, I don’t think he chose his injuries, so would be equally frustrated I would have thought.
He has produced some great and crucial goals over the years, but not enough for a Rangers striker. If only Dessers had Kemar’s technical ability, or Kemar had Dessers drive and desire.
Best of British to him.

We’ve been watching the ghost of Kemar Roofe recently.

The most pointless of substitutions on Sunday.

A sad end
Also feeds into the B team, I think Lovelace is still injured but surely having a young striker coming on instead of Roofe, someone with a bit of confidence. Unfortunately I don’t think we have anyone!

Had a couple of purple patches and scored some great individual goals too

Overall though a disappointing time with us due to injuries
No doubt will go elsewhere and play 30 games a season

Also feeds into the B team, I think Lovelace is still injured but surely having a young striker coming on instead of Roofe, someone with a bit of confidence. Unfortunately I don’t think we have anyone!

only ones i can think of are Gentles (still a bit off being ready) & Graham (out on loan IIRC)

Back