Roofe

What a completely heartless and nasty thing to say.

Watching him showing his appreciation and giving what seemed to be a very heartfelt goodbye ,alone and away from the rest of the team, I found quite moving.

He has never, from my recollection, let the team nor club down.

You can't control your health and his is obviously an issue, particularly in a career where your health is everything.

I personally hope you (or indeed any member of your family) never suffer from ill health.

But should you ever do, then I would like to think that you'd never have to endure such repulsive, ignorant and retarded comments such as those you have posted on here tonight.
Give yourself peace.

26 in 61 league games with very few 90 minutes in there. Problem is those 61 games have been over 4 years rather than 2.

At full time, the squad did their lap round the pitch. Roofe broke off from the rest of the squad at the full time whistle and immediately started his own lap round by himself. He'd finished and was away up the tunnel by the time the rest of the squad had reached the first stand. Thought it was a bit odd.
He probably pulled a muscle so couldn't manage any more.

Doubt for the final now.

He done his bit and it’s more a case of what iff, for example his legitimate goal against the Tim’s in August that was chopped off! How different would the season have been

He'll be as frustrated as we are that due to injury he wasn't able to make the contribution he's capable of, but when he was fit he gave us some vital goals.

And long after we're all gone, generations of fans yet to be born will be marvelling at one of the greatest goals in our history, and I don't need to spell out which one.

My thanks to Kemar Roofe, we didn't see enough of him and there's the regret of what might have been, but I for one wish him all the best and he'll always be welcome at Ibrox.

There's an alternative universe out there where Roofe, Helander, Hagi, Lawrence and Jack don't pick up career ruining injuries and we're on for four in a row this season. It's been torture having them all permanently on the sidelines while we've toiled on the park. It's a shame but it'll be a relief to have at least three of them off the books.

Good luck to him. It must be sole destroying being out injured constantly.

I know he gets paid well, but he probably wants to be playing every week.

Reactions: TQ3
Will always be what might have been with him. A terrific striker who`s had one of the worst injury records going. Wish him well but should have been let go before now.

We’ve been watching the ghost of Kemar Roofe recently.

The most pointless of substitutions on Sunday.

A sad end
Yeah. It has been different recently to things like his goal against Betis or when he came on and won that semi against Aberdeen for us. Those were situations when it felt like you set all the frustrations aside temporarily because with Roofe on the pitch you saw the potential for him to be in the right place at the right time. Recently his appearances have mostly been pretty anonymous. There was a moment on Sunday the camera showed him and I had forgotten he was even on the pitch. It just felt so tired to see him out there.

Scored the best goal I've ever seen for Rangers that night. Shame we never saw a lot more of him.

How it could have been all so different.....

If it wasn't for Kent being on the end of it, he would've got an assist for our most treasured goal ever.

Him, Borna, Tav, Goldson and Lundstrum would be walking away as immortals.
I like to console/delude myself by telling myself VAR would have ruled the ball out of play so I didn't have the double heart break of celebrating

I love how people still claim he's the best striker at the club, based on zero tangible or remotely current evidence.

A bit like saying Concorde is still the best solution for a transatlantic flight this summer.

'Best finisher at the club when fit' despite him barely getting near the ball in a lot of his appearances this season.

How it could have been all so different.....

If it wasn't for Kent being on the end of it, he would've got an assist for our most treasured goal ever.

Him, Borna, Tav, Goldson and Lundstrum would be walking away as immortals.
You’ve just made me depressed with this post

We need players that are available to contribute most weeks. We’ve had far too many that have been no where close to that. A huge problem at our club. Glad to see him leaving despite him being the most talented player in Scotland in my opinion.

We need players that are available to contribute most weeks. We’ve had far too many that have been no where close to that. A huge problem at our club. Glad to see him leaving despite him being the most talented player in Scotland in my opinion.

this in spades
like the continual "we need Ryan Jack back"
its wishful thinking and that sort of player needs moved out

If he could have kept fit and firing like his first season he would be one of the best strikers we’ve had in the last 20 years.

Loved his double in the 4-1 game. Chests in the first one past the goalkeeper for his first. Then turns a couple of players and lays of it to Barisic and then just glides into the box to head in his second.

Agree. That should be the first assessment and consideration of any signing.

Given he cost £4m and was on £35k a week for four years, he has to be one of our worst value signings in recent history:

Great player, but a waste of time in his last two seasons. Dessers gets stick but he’s had to play 90 mins almost every game since the winter break due to this fraud.

An expensive player to be injured regularly without a doubt, however there are worse value for money players in our current squad, never mind in recent history.

The club took a gamble on him with his injury record, it didn't pay off sadly. Would have loved to have seen him fit and firing regularly, but wasn't to be, hope he finds full fitness and a new club

Last edited:
Incredible bad luck with injuries,god knows how many goals Roofe would've scored if he had stayed fit as he was an excellent striker.
That goal in Liege will live in my memory forever,my favourite Rangers goal of all time.

What a completely heartless and nasty thing to say.

Watching him showing his appreciation and giving what seemed to be a very heartfelt goodbye ,alone and away from the rest of the team, I found quite moving.

He has never, from my recollection, let the team nor club down.

You can't control your health and his is obviously an issue, particularly in a career where your health is everything.

I personally hope you (or indeed any member of your family) never suffer from ill health.

But should you ever do, then I would like to think that you'd never have to endure such repulsive, ignorant and retarded comments such as those you have posted on here tonight.
This.
Good luck Kemar, and thanks for some great memories.

Guy's last game at Ibrox and walking around with his own thoughts saying goodbye - what's odd about that?
Odd was last year saying cheerio to players like some sort of end of season party

Scored one of the best goals we'll ever see a Rangers player scoring. A great striker on his day. It's unfortunate his body broke down so much or else he would've been a very handy player for us.

Signing him on a contract of that length was madness though, in hindsight.

I think you have to make a lot of sacrifices and put in a lot of work just to become a professional footballer in the first place, you need to be physically and mentally strong as well as live and breath the game. The fraud accusations with Roofe are well off the mark I think, his body has just let him down. There's no way he's not frustrated by that.

The clear-out begins goodbye Roof and Borna. I would love it if we won the SC before they leave.

I like to console/delude myself by telling myself VAR would have ruled the ball out of play so I didn't have the double heart break of celebrating
I was the same until that goal Japan scored at the last world cup where the ball looked out but was technically overhanging the line so it was given. Best not to dwell on it (even though I will for the rest of my life).

Given the difficult period our club have endured, and are still enduring, it’s no surprise that fans are frustrated and angered by his time at the club.

Our funds are severely limited and they really should not have been used retaining the services of an asset that was never going to return value.

if you look at besoccer.com and kemar roofe’s injury history there’s a depictation of his injuries. He looks like he’s been strafed by a machine gun!

Looks like Sonny Corleone's coroners report.

Back