Rory Wilson

Fair enough, look after number one as is the way with football.
But at 16 with absolute no experience talking about “time for the next level”, what is that?
It's complete and utter bullshit from a 16 year old that hasn't got a feckin clue what he's talking about, I'd have more respect for him if he came out and said I'm going for the money and because its a chance to play in England.

Just picked up this disappointing news.

Scots wonderkid Rory Wilson confirms Rangers exit as Aston Villa favourites to sign 49-goal striker

glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/20161899…
Saw him play recently at Falkirk stadium vs Georgia for Scotland U17s. He didn’t stand out. The boy Doak at Celtic who is off to Liverpool did however.

16, leaving school and someone offers you basically an apprentice job with a salary of X, and someone else offers you 8X, it's hard to say 'no, I'd rather have the X'.
Maybe, but there are more than this than the money.
Like that you have to move away from home to get it.
It’s a two year contract, not a job for life.

Gilmour got lucky when Chelsea had a transfer ban - if not for that he might be regretting moving to Chelsea- he still might .

Plenty of people from Glasgow move to London for bigger wages, bigger challenges, more experienced colleagues, ‘bigger’ companies and new experiences. Why do fans think footballers are any different? Do their colleagues accuse them of chasing the money?

It's complete and utter bullshit from a 16 year old that hasn't got a feckin clue what he's talking about, I'd have more respect for him if he came out and said I'm going for the money and because its a chance to play in England.
I’d say he is a better clue of what he’s talking about than you do, what would you rather, playing in EPL2 or in the lowland league with our B team against plumbers?

"Off to the next level" he said, ffs you have not even reached the first one yet.
I did watch a few youth games on RTV and tbh he never showed much, Ure looks by far the better player.
It is the way of the world now £s over prizes.
Nothing against the lad but it’s 99% certain he will be packing supermarket shelves in Morrisons on the nightshift by the time he is 21 going through his old Instagram posts thinking what might have been as he slurps down a supersized strawberry milkshake from McDonald’s.

That’s the life for nearly all “ wonderkids” in modern football with a tiny percentage of them making the grade enough to earn a living from playing the game.

I’d say he is a better clue of what he’s talking about than you do, what would you rather, playing in EPL2 or in the lowland league with our B team against plumbers?
If he's as good as he's meant to be and thinks he is, he'd be pushing for a top team slot before long. Then after a few starts the world beater would be a wanted man just like Paterson and get his wish of mega money and a move down south. I'd hazard a guess we'll never hear of him again.
Gio is the type of manager who will give youth a chance, probably the first in a long line of Rangers managers to do so.

No, there are more important things in life than just chasing money, some do and that's pretty sad
What if he isn’t just chasing money though and is chasing a better job, better colleagues, better work environment, better players to compete against, better standard of football and better life style

No, there are more important things in life than just chasing money, some do and that's pretty sad
You say there are more important things in life and then I list 7 other factors that might be important in life and you react with the laughing emoji… I’ll assume you agree with me and have no more to say ;):shh:

"Off to the next level" he said, ffs you have not even reached the first one yet.
I did watch a few youth games on RTV and tbh he never showed much, Ure looks by far the better player.
It is the way of the world now £s over prizes.

Watched all three Scottish 17s games the young fella was anonymous

I’ve seen him 3 times, was shocked he was meant to be the wonder kid. He obviously must have something but was shit when I saw him. Even in the final where he scored an excellent goal outside that he was mince.

Starting next season we need to play Lowry & King , McCann too , no point whining about pathways etc , unless there is one.
I haven't seen enough of King & McCann to know if they're ready, but Lowry certainly looks the part, however the most important thing is that we win matches & that usually means that experience trumps youth on a Saturday.

I haven't seen enough of King & McCann to know if they're ready, but Lowry certainly looks the part, however the most important thing is that we win matches & that usually means that experience trumps youth on a Saturday.
Patterson & Bassey have shown the way mate , not just in a financial sense , but young enthusiastic players in the squad are vital , they naturally reach for the stars .

There is no guarantee he will turn into a top class football player. Quite clearly, he is more interested in money than Rangers and football.

Back