Ross County player at the penalty?

If the ref gave a free kick instead of a penalty then by the laws of the game it would've been a red card.
Yes I get that , that fact that Alfie lands on the spot after contact probably swayed the refs decision to give a penalty, as you say though if it’s a free kick it’s red

If the ref gave a free kick instead of a penalty then by the laws of the game it would've been a red card.

I was just about to ask that, surely if it was outside the box that it would have to be a red?

It's that double jeopardy ruling.

Just watched it again. Alfie's front foot is well inside the box, when contact is made with his trailing leg, which is on the line, so a penalty is the correct decision.

There is a good view from behind the goals where you can see the scuff marks left on the ground by the defender making the challenge and they continue across the line.

He was definitely given a Yellow Card, but I'm 50/50 on whether it was the correct decision. Whenever a defender catches the attackers trailing leg, I'm not convinced it's a genuine attempt to play the ball, given the distance away from the ball.

Having said that, defenders like Shane Duffy have the perfect excuse..... "I know I was nowhere near the ball, but that's because I'm shite. It was still a genuine attempt to play the ball, so should be a Yellow."

I thought at the time it was a stick on red card, also thought at the time the ref shat it after the flak madden and Beaton took (for making the correct calls as well)

Just watched it again. Alfie's front foot is well inside the box, when contact is made with his trailing leg, which is on the line, so a penalty is the correct decision.

There is a good view from behind the goals where you can see the scuff marks left on the ground by the defender making the challenge and they continue across the line.

He was definitely given a Yellow Card, but I'm 50/50 on whether it was the correct decision. Whenever a defender catches the attackers trailing leg, I'm not convinced it's a genuine attempt to play the ball, given the distance away from the ball.

Having said that, defenders like Shane Duffy have the perfect excuse..... "I know I was nowhere near the ball, but that's because I'm shite. It was still a genuine attempt to play the ball, so should be a Yellow."

Nah, I think he has just been too quick for him mate. As had been said above he kinda stumbles as well. Right decision for me.

Few hammer throwers in the county team...that big brute Draper in particular . Never a footballer but seems to fit right into the Scottish game

If it was out side the box, straight red and penalty, if inside, they have the rule that checks if you made a genuine attempt so you don't get punished 3 times, red card, penalty and suspension

Few hammer throwers in the county team...that big brute Draper in particular . Never a footballer but seems to fit right into the Scottish game
It’s incredible through the years the amount of guys passing as “footballers” in this shitehole

Simpson
Dods
Tokely
Black
Wilkie
Considine
Power
Those thugs at Motherwell whose names escape me
Gallacher
Porteous
Mcginn
Draper
Vigurs

I appreciate this list is not exhaustive of all the absolute animals we have had to endure, but all
If these have had a right good kick or elbow (or both) at various Rangers players and escaped with a ticking off. Players out the game for months and rangers careers more or less ended as well by some. Yet never lay a glove on tims.
Sickening

It was about as genuine attempt to play the ball as Black on Jelavic. Red card for me. No way was he getting near the ball, he had to come through the back of Alfie to have half a chance. Any other league in the World that is a red.

Its a red card at the other end.

You dont see many Rangers games where theres not at least some lenient refereeing and rule bending to help the other clubs and avoid problems with the media.

Even Madden v Celtic, Beaton v Aberdeen, when we do get something from them its often one important call during the game even then its something no one can moan about it and pretty much sfa else goes our way during the entire match.

I thought it was harsh to be honest, I remember going off my nut when Itten was booked for something similar earlier in the season.

Back