Ross County release 14 players

Hell mend them
vy0jrti.gif

Makes a mockery of the competition. 9 or 10 clubs playing youngsters on 200 quid a week whilst celtic trot out guys on 30k a week and celebrate a 4 or 5 goal win. Hardly competitive.

and in all probability with no fans for the majority of the season.

Can’t tell you how underwhelming I’m finding the prospect of next season in Scotland.

I know a lot of people will say ”f*ck them” and I can understand that, but at the same time I think we should be pragmatic and take advantage of the situation by getting as many of our promising kids on loan at teams like these next season.
There will never be a better chance for them to get consistent games as a lot of teams will be struggling to get a squad together.
There would be a sense of satisfaction seeing teams struggle but I would far rather see us with a successful squad worth millions in a couple of years.

Serious question, are these levels unusual? Teams always let players go in the off season. How many players would a team like them usually replace? I mean we’ve released 7 with possibly a few more to follow but that doesn’t mean we’re in trouble, just clearing out dead wood. Could this not be the same?

I know a lot of people will say ”f*ck them” and I can understand that, but at the same time I think we should be pragmatic and take advantage of the situation by getting as many of our promising kids on loan at teams like these next season.
There will never be a better chance for them to get consistent games as a lot of teams will be struggling to get a squad together.
There would be a sense of satisfaction seeing teams struggle but I would far rather see us with a successful squad worth millions in a couple of years.

Outstanding idea chief

Sorry guys I don't see any sneering or humour in ordinary players losing their livelihoods. This is not top Premiership wages these guys are on and will be now looking at a difficult situation to care for their families.

I find myself giving clubs like Ross County the same level of sympathy they gave us in 2012 .

Where was their empathy when our employees lost jobs , our club lost millions , a championship winning team left Ibrox for next to nothing and the SPL/SFA hit us with a fine when we didn’t have 2 pennies to rub together ?

now Ross county could face their share of a £10 million penalty because they didn’t think Rangers resolution was worth voting for .

f.uck them

Anyone who voted to hand the filth a title should be told to gtf

Was about to post a thread about this. Agree with you

Sorry guys I don't see any sneering or humour in ordinary players losing their livelihoods. This is not top Premiership wages these guys are on and will be now looking at a difficult situation to care for their families.
Exactly mate. Outside the Tims and us, a lot of players salary will average about 60k

Feel for a lot of the players being released. I think a lot will struggle to get clubs and if they do the wages they get will be a lot less than they are on at the minute.

Have sympathy for the players who's livelihood is at stake with these P45s getting dished out but %^*& the clubs. Any club who voted for this shitshow that we have witnessed can go down the lavvy never to return for all I care they part of their own downfall in a way and I have no sympathy but for the players themselves who have families to feed.

Aren’t these numbers not quite normal for the smaller clubs? Loads of them just sign 1 year deals with only their best assets tied up on longer deals, then at least half the squad is replaced on a yearly basis.

The more clubs get decimated, the more it becomes a shoot out between us and the filth next season

So probably more than twice the average uk salary?
Depends what field you are in mate, but if you’re in a job paying that much you probably don’t have enough saved to support you and your family for an indefinate period of time, who knows when these boys will find a club again. Some of them might need to go and work in Tescos or the likes to get some money in. Feel for anyone losing their jobs

Very good shout.

Amy MacDonald all over their twitter feed whining about Richard MacDonald being released.

jeez, they have enough money and can now register unemployed. Where they hoping to be furloughed and cheating the tax man like what Ayr are doing?

This is the beginning of the end of Scottish football.

If they mothball potentially the 3 lower leagues I can't see how these clubs could start back up in a year with no players or non playing staff?

You really can't run any kind of league system with between 12-16 teams and even some of the teams in the premiership would probably be facing insolvency next season as well.

We really need to start looking at potentially getting out of Scottish football before it's too late.

Back