Ross County - Time to really take Advantage!

We can't miss two opportunities to extend the gap so Saturday is huge. I would definitely freshen things up with a few guys pushing for a start.

McGregor

Barisic - Goldson - Helander - Tav

Jack - Davis

Hagi

Itten - Morelos - Kent

John Hughes doesn't do sitting in hoping for a draw, hopefully we can take advantage of someone coming to Ibrox and having a go. Would take 1-0 right now but hoping we can rattle in a few..

As seen last night the winter conditions in Scotland start to become a bit of a leveler. I still think we have a few gears that we can shift through and improve our recent performance but it will not be as easy as some think over the next few games.

I want big Yogi saying afterwards that Rangers are a wonderful proper football team and better teams with more resources than his will be well beaten just like his team were.

I hope last Sunday was a wake up call for many, as alot just wrote off Motherwell as in all we had to do was turn up.

However perhaps that draw last Sunday came at a good time for us all, as the manager said, we never started the first half. Learn from that on Saturday and push on with a convincing win. I do think Ross County will come out which should help us (albeit Motherwell pressed all over the pitch for 45 mins then fell back). 1st goal in match on Saturday to us will set the tone.

Won that and it really takes the pressure off against hiv. We would have a fair amount of breathing space.
Agree. Win on Saturday, then even a draw against Hibs would mean we'd made it through a difficult looking January relatively unscathed, particularly with the mentally challengeds only picking up 3 points from 12 this month.

We remain unbeaten and have dropped just 6 points in total up until the 3rd week in January. We have done nothing but demonstrate we will be worthy champions all season. More talented, first time, league winning Rangers teams have got nowhere near that level of consistency or points total by this stage of the season previously yet we still have people on here doubting this one.

We have dropped those 6 points in 24 games. By comparison, our closest competitors have dropped 20 points in 22 games and have yet to win a game this calendar year after 4 attempts. It's getting towards the stage we could theoretically lose half our remaining games, however unlikely, and still walk away with 55 as they are categorically not winning all of their remaining 16 games.

No big response is needed to a draw at what has always been a tough away venue, they've already shown they clearly want it, they are more than worthy champions and will cement that over the next few weeks. This team deserve to be supported and applauded over the line, not constantly questioned mentally if they dare to draw, or heaven forbid, lose a game before the ribbons go on.
Yes indeed a good post with a bit of perspective. However we’ve always got to look at the last game, analyse it and try and improve on what didn’t work. The manager was emphatic about this and whilst he’ll be delighted at our over all season form, he is thankfully professional enough to always be looking to improve. The fact that he mentioned the passivity of the team in that first half and that it wasn’t acceptable encouraged me greatly.

We remain unbeaten and have dropped just 6 points in total up until the 3rd week in January. We have done nothing but demonstrate we will be worthy champions all season. More talented, first time, league winning Rangers teams have got nowhere near that level of consistency or points total by this stage of the season previously yet we still have people on here doubting this one.

We have dropped those 6 points in 24 games. By comparison, our closest competitors have dropped 20 points in 22 games and have yet to win a game this calendar year after 4 attempts. It's getting towards the stage we could theoretically lose half our remaining games, however unlikely, and still walk away with 55 as they are categorically not winning all of their remaining 16 games.

No big response is needed to a draw at what has always been a tough away venue, they've already shown they clearly want it, they are more than worthy champions and will cement that over the next few weeks. This team deserve to be supported and applauded over the line, not constantly questioned mentally if they dare to draw, or heaven forbid, lose a game before the ribbons go on.
I’ll bookmark this then and see how you’re doing if we stutter and stumble over the line in the next few weeks.

We’ve been superb up until now, but there have been signs over the past month that we’re tiring. That’s understandable to some degree, but we’re starting games much more slowly and not passing and pressing with the same zip as we were before.

Motherwell was frustrating because Gerrard had surely been preparing them for the game all week, telling them what was expected, looking for a stronger start, being braver and all the rest of it, and yet we put in arguably our most lacklustre performance of the season in the league.

So in order to assure us that that was just a minor blip, a much better performance on Saturday is needed.

If only for my nerves ;)

Boom.

Plenty on this thread acting like we’re a couple of wins behind, not 20 points ahead.

I’ll bookmark this then and see how you’re doing if we stutter and stumble over the line in the next few weeks.

We’ve been superb up until now, but there have been signs over the past month that we’re tiring. That’s understandable to some degree, but we’re starting games much more slowly and not passing and pressing with the same zip as we were before.

Motherwell was frustrating because Gerrard had surely been preparing them for the game all week, telling them what was expected, looking for a stronger start, being braver and all the rest of it, and yet we put in arguably our most lacklustre performance of the season in the league.

So in order to assure us that that was just a minor blip, a much better performance on Saturday is needed.

If only for my nerves ;)
I hope people are bookmarking your post to come and rub your yellow streak in your nose too then ;)

Ross county like Motherwell are fighting for their place in the league.They have had good result against Aberdeen also.I would like us to get game won asap and see if we can get another clean sheet.Hopefully some game time for players who have came back from injury.
County in their last 4 games have beat Aberdeen and Hibs, drew with StJohnstone and only lost to in form Livingstone. This won’t be as easy as some think, I’m going 2-0

Looking for a statement of intent on Saturday. It won't be an easy game with them in decent form under Yogi but I fully expect us to go and get a comfortable win.

Looking for a big performance and result to let the poets know it’s game over we’re back at the top where we belong and to put Timmy back in there box B-)

Yes indeed a good post with a bit of perspective. However we’ve always got to look at the last game, analyse it and try and improve on what didn’t work. The manager was emphatic about this and whilst he’ll be delighted at our over all season form, he is thankfully professional enough to always be looking to improve. The fact that he mentioned the passivity of the team in that first half and that it wasn’t acceptable encouraged me greatly.
It encouraged me too. However, we also have to respect what has happened already this season. Drew with Livingston away, winning run followed. Drew with hibs away, winning run followed. Lost to St Mirren in the cup, winning run followed. Drew with Motherwell away. Winning run follows?

Looking for a fast start to the game with a high tempo, early goal then stick another few in the back of the net. Get Ryan Jack and roofe some minutes would be nice too. Onwards to 55!! Come on the Rangers!!

It’s the time of the season to secure the points above all else but after the draw last weekend and Celtic fluffing one of their infamous games in hand last night, the opportunity is there on Saturday to go out and score a few goals to drive the point home.

The title charge is in sight now and this Rangers team are good enough to turn on the style as we move into the final months of the season.

Hoping to see us creating and finishing chances the way we did earlier in the season, and cut out giving away cheap goals.
But to be honest I just want three points, any way will do.

Commitment, focus, discipline, energy and aggression from the first whistle to the last.
Do the above and I'll take any result. We make it happen. Now is not the time for feint hearts.

Massive game on Saturday and will be anything but an easy game. We need to step up a gear and go at them with pace.

Back