Ross McCrorie

You could’ve said the same about the greatest Ranger.

If I am reading what you write correctly, You got to be high!

John Greig was as automatic a choice as Scotland's Right Half as Baxter was as Scotland's left Half.
At a time when Scotland had World/International Class Right Halves in Billy Bremner, Bobby Murdoch, Dave MacKay, Pat Crerand, Frank McLintock and Pat Stanton.
John Greig was first choice for Scotland in 43 of 46 Internationals between 1964-71.
None of the other Right Half candidates came even close to that number of appearances during that period (I think Bremner may have won 25 Caps in that time).
He was chosen by Stein as the best Right Back to face the Italians in the WCQ, scoring the winner.
He captained Scotland to their most famous victory ever.

People act like McCrorie is 18, he's only a year younger than Kamara who is streets and streets ahead of him yet people would sell him at the first opportunity
Let us see how Kamara copes on Sunday at Livi, where his lack of tackling and heading could be exposed, hope he proves me wrong, but in games like these a more pragmatic approach might be needed.

Let us see how Kamara copes on Sunday at Livi, where his lack of tackling and heading could be exposed, hope he proves me wrong, but in games like these a more pragmatic approach might be needed.
He scored the winner at livi in the 1-0 game last season and got man of the match in the 2-0 match we won. I'll fancy his chances

I have said for a while (to much abuse at times) that Ross McCrorie isn't good enough for where we want to be. He isn't really even a utility player because the positions he can cover he's not got the real assets we need in those positions.
Defence, he's not physically big enough and lunges into tackles, RB, poor on the ball and our full backs are our most potent areas of attack. Midfield, he is too poor on the ball to fit into the system we play.
People keep talking about him as though he's 19, he's not a kid any more, if he was going to be playing regularly for us it would have happened by now.
I think some are blinded by the desperation to have an academy player succeed which is understandable, but IMO Ross is nowhere near good enough.

Another one who like Docherty, Halliday and others, lived the dream but ultimately just doesn't have what is needed to improve us. Wish him nothing but the best and had previously hoped it would work out for him.

Not really worth selling to an SPFL team for £200k, I’d rather we held onto him and keep him as an option for that £

I’d support a loan deal to Hibs, would strengthen them and give him first team football but allow us the option to have him back next season if he performs

Going on the logic by some on here, McCrorie should play in the physical battles of the Spl. Surely, that is near 80/90% of the games in this country. Many of the points we dropped last season were not all down to twinkle toed midfield players, there was many defensive gaffes and full team capitulations along the way. We don't have any such players in the present team and seem to be getting it together. Brain over brawn for me

He can't pass the length of himself and was a bit part player for shite Portsmouth team. How can anyone think from anything he's done in his career up until now he's good enough to play regularly for us?

Let him go and play at level that is more suited to his ability.

Do you know what, this is levelled at McCrorie all the time.
When he had a bit of a run the first half of Gerrard’s first season, he was actually winning the ball and quickly giving it to Jack or the other guys around him.
He was learning and doing a bit better.
The last time we really saw him he was MOTM against Celtic and has basically been shat on since. (Yes I know he had a few appearances after that, but was subsequently shat on again)
There are players who Have performed much worse and more consistently worse than McCrorie ever did, and have been given loads more chances.
Kamara is having a good spell just now, but him, Davis, Arfield and others have been utterly honking at times and yet were still in and out of the team and getting chance after chance.
Ross was binned for nothing at least twice, and I’ll never be convinced that he’s ever been treated anything other than poorly.
Honestly really feel for the boy, and wish he’d been afforded the opportunities others had.
Well said and 100% correct.

Feel a bit for the player. He had to fight to get his way into the team in Gerrard first season, done very well and culminated in a superb performance in the win against the beggars at Ibrox before the winter break. Got dropped for no reason really and hardly had a sniff since. The odd game here and there isn’t enough to prove himself. We gave Ojo plenty of chances last season And he constantly put in below par performances. Ross is a far better player than him. I think he would have been a good player to have last season at places like Pittodrie and Tynecastle. Manager obviously just doesn’t fancy him and best thing for his career unfortunately is to move on.

When he had a bit of a run the first half of Gerrard’s first season, he was actually winning the ball and quickly giving it to Jack or the other guys around him.
The last time we really saw him he was MOTM against Celtic and has basically been shat on since. (Yes I know he had a few appearances after that, but was subsequently shat on again)
There are players who Have performed much worse and more consistently worse than McCrorie ever did, and have been given loads more chances.
Kamara is having a good spell just now, but him, Davis, Arfield and others have been utterly honking at times and yet were still in and out of the team and getting chance after chance.
Ross was binned for nothing at least twice, and I’ll never be convinced that he’s ever been treated anything other than poorly.
Honestly really feel for the boy, and wish he’d been afforded the opportunities others had.

I really have doubts about whether he’s good enough to be a regular for us, but I also can’t deny there’s some truth in what you’ve said there.

So much this.

I like Davis but he's done virtually nothing since returning. I don't see what real value he adds.

Hibs had to give that israeli mob a 50% sell on for that diddy arsiano they’ve got in goal I’m sure?
Never knew that.
Skys the limit then.
I always thought it was 10% standard and 20% at a push.
But I suppose you can only ask, and you can ask what you want.
The only problem is. The more you ask for, the less appealing it is for a club to sell. They are as well running down a contract. Or doing a cut price swap deal with a buying club.

Never knew that.
Skys the limit then.
The only problem is. The more you ask for, the less appealing it is for a club to sell. They are as well running down a contract. Or doing a cut price swap deal with a buying club.

%^*& hibs. A diddy club paying a diddy price for imo a top player. 50% sell on fee or stump up 1.5/2 mil

If that's their offer I'd rather loan him out again, preferably to a Scottish Premiership club and see if he can kick on, if not we should still get a decent fee next year.
SG has said MCrorie and Docherty will not be loaned out, they are either sold or they stay.

The McCrorie discussion brings the whole youth academy argument back into question,No doubt he had been our best prospect for years and showed the most potential for years only to fail miserably,Do we really believe the academy will produce any player rated high enough to be a regular starter for the first team with our history of buying players in and even bringing in players from other clubs youth academy’s .

If I am reading what you write correctly, You got to be high!

John Greig was as automatic a choice as Scotland's Right Half as Baxter was as Scotland's left Half.
At a time when Scotland had World/International Class Right Halves in Billy Bremner, Bobby Murdoch, Dave MacKay, Pat Crerand, Frank McLintock and Pat Stanton.
John Greig was first choice for Scotland in 43 of 46 Internationals between 1964-71.
None of the other Right Half candidates came even close to that number of appearances during that period (I think Bremner may have won 25 Caps in that time).
He was chosen by Stein as the best Right Back to face the Italians in the WCQ, scoring the winner.
He captained Scotland to their most famous victory ever.
The point I was making, or trying to, was simply that their have been better right backs than Greig, better left backs, better centre backs and better midfielders in our history than John Greig.
However, he’d still be the first name on most of our (my) generation’s team sheets.
More than the sum of his parts is a phrase I’ve often used when describing Greig and why he’s our “Greatest Ranger”
McCrorie is not going to be a John Greig but he might still be the player who can help his more gifted team mates through a rough spell.
That’s as far as I was thinking.
Sometimes a lesser talented individual can be the answer.
An option you’d ignore if you selecting based on talent only.

The McCrorie discussion brings the whole youth academy argument back into question,No doubt he had been our best prospect for years and showed the most potential for years only to fail miserably,Do we really believe the academy will produce any player rated high enough to be a regular starter for the first team with our history of buying players in and even bringing in players from other clubs youth academy’s .
Yes.
Nathan Paterson could be that player as early as this season.
Leon King must also have a chance.

Yes.
Nathan Paterson could be that player as early as this season.
Leon King must also have a chance.
McCrorie got into the first team,He was lauded and praised as being a future regular first team player even a future internationalist,Are Patterson and King a level above McCrorie I’m not sure they have been really tested yet.
I wish them all the best but our record of bringing players through is worse than poor.

McCrorie got into the first team,He was lauded and praised as being a future regular first team player even a future internationalist,Are Patterson and King a level above McCrorie I’m not sure they have been really tested yet.
I wish them all the best but our record of bringing players through is worse than poor.
I think you’re right but, in this one, our whole ethos has changed.
I believe the club have put the processes in place to make us better with our youth.
I’d also suggest Gerrard would dearly love to have a couple of these guys in place given it’s where he came from and what he was trying to develop before coming here.

I think you’re right but, in this one, our whole ethos has changed.
I believe the club have put the processes in place to make us better with our youth.
I’d also suggest Gerrard would dearly love to have a couple of these guys in place given it’s where he came from and what he was trying to develop before coming here.
Hoping your right,In the past we’ve seen the odd youth player appear in the first team get a couple of games and then disappear without a trace.

He can cover many positions and would give us much needed dig in some of our tougher away games so I think there should be a place in our squad for him. However, at this stage of his career he needs to be playing more regularly so can see why he would want to move on.

My preference would be a loan to a team in our league and take it from there.

My worry is that Gerrard still hasn't learned his lesson about these physical away games where we've lost points in the past. We need a plan B for some games.

Worth noting that we did not put a price of £200k on him, Hibs made an offer that was declined. We are looking for more and told them no deal. Good to see that we are not giving players away and we will be able to get more than this from League 1or 2 clubs. Unfortunately this is the level we are looking at for Ross.

Don’t agree with this.

He has something we need from time to time.

We are powder puff in the middle of the park when in a fight.

Never knew that.
Skys the limit then.
St Mirren had a 30% clause in their deal with Hibs for John Mcginn. Got somewhere around £800k when hibs sold him to villa. The interesting thing about it all is that Hibs now have a similar deal with villa and if they sell him for say £30 million hibs will be rolling in it. Around £10 million.

He can cover many positions and would give us much needed dig in some of our tougher away games so I think there should be a place in our squad for him. However, at this stage of his career he needs to be playing more regularly so can see why he would want to move on.

My preference would be a loan to a team in our league and take it from there.

My worry is that Gerrard still hasn't learned his lesson about these physical away games where we've lost points in the past. We need a plan B for some games.

I have been saying the same on here for months. It's my opinion that if we had had a fit Ross McCrorie at Ibrox in January our season would have turned out very differently. Also, should we sell Kamara we are going to need someone like McCrorie to be available for us. I cannot understand why we would want to sell McCrorie.

The more I think about it the more abboyed I get. The instant we sell him his value will go up. Unless we take in millions. Its absolutely mental stuff from the manager. Surrounded by too many yes men. You're being a fud Steven, sort it out.

Back