Ross Mccrorie

Anyone else frustrated by the lack of game time Ross is getting?
Jack was poor today, should have been subbed at halftime. Saying that noone was great.
I'd have Ross starting most games and I'd play him before Worral at CH.
A winner that adds steel and agression, wins the midfield battle and has the pace to cover counter attacks. We're better when he plays.
Hopefully the manager will play him next season.

Our midfield, with Davis, Jack, Kamara and Arfield is the best it's looked for years.

Ross knows he's not as comfortable on the ball as those 4, but he's working hard to improve and he's getting there.

He just needs to be patient and take his chance when it comes.

He's definitely not a centre half, as we clearly saw with his horrific performances against the mentally challengeds last season.

Personaly I'd play him before Jack in the holding role. jack is a better passer of the ball but i love the energy Ross brings to the team.

Don't know if you've noticed mate, but Jack doesn't play the holding role in the new formation.

Davis is our deepest midfielder.

Gerrard’s spoke several times about protecting him.

I think it pains a lot of people to think about, but McCrorie isn’t as good as people think he is just yet. If there’s one person I trust to bring a young combative midfielder through at a big club, it’s Gerrard, but for me it remains to be seen if McCrorie is good enough long term.

He doesnt suit our blend of 3 ball players in CM. He is a holding enforcer. We are so much better with ball players like Kamara, Davis and Jack. I am hoping that we find a player that forces Jack to the bench and i say that as a big fan of Jack. That would further push Ross down queue. He is good for certain games. But when you look how good we are with 3 ball players in there, i dont see him getting much game time

Said it plenty of times on FF. McCrorie is technically not good enough on the ball. It was obvious at the start of last season with the additions we made. We don’t need a midfield destroyer to break down a team who sit behind the ball at Ibrox. However, in big games he needs to play for those attributes. I’ll add I think he’s been outstanding for the role he does in the games he’s played. But he needs to get better with the ball if he wants to be a regular. Said this last year and someone get their knickers in a twist. Proof is in the pudding because he’s hardly featured in recent times.
Well said. I think because he's a Rangers fan and been with us since he was a wee boy fans give him more leeway and I understand that. There's no sentiment in football, if he's not impressing the gaffer and he should know a good midfield player when he sees one then sitting o the bench, a loan deal beckons.

If he is not good enough to play him we should sell him and let him get on with his career,Loaning out players very rarely works.

Jack was poor today, should have been subbed at halftime. Saying that noone was great.
A winner that adds steel and agression, wins the midfield battle and has the pace to cover counter attacks. We're better when he plays.
Totally I've been wondering what is happening with the lad. No game time no development. Not saying he should be starting every week but he should have more minutes on the pitch than he has.

Why the constant Halliday bashing least he gives his all not like some other so called players, and Steven Gerrard has already stated he trusts Andy and if he was that bad he wouldn't get on the team sheet

Because he isn’t a good football player. Giving your all isn’t always enough.

McCrorie is younger, and better, so he should play ahead of Halliday.

Not really.

McCrorie in ahead of Halliday yesterday wouldn't have made a difference as he is even more defensive minded and his passing is weaker.

The 4-3-3 yesterday was a turgid pile of shite.

You’re not wrong there. We don’t do 433 very well at all.

We don’t have the players to play it.

McCrorie is younger, and better, so he should play ahead of Halliday.
Agree with McCrorie but why doesn't he get a start ahead of Halliday, it was the same start of the season Katic and Goldson where looking like they where gelling then Katic gets dropped down, dont know what the manager and staff are seeing that the fans are not

I reckon the lad himself will ask to go out on loan.

He knows he needs games and he's not getting that at Rangers for the foreseeable future.

He will be on loan next season.

Couldn't get a game yesterday and we have at least 4/5 new faces fighting for midfield slots next season.

I'm a big fan of McCrorie but SG isn't. For me he would always be in the team. Better then Jack and Kamara. Maybe needs a loan to get his career going again.

Going to be laughed at here but i would loan him to Hamilton.

Nailed on starter every week being set the challenge of keeping them out of the relegation battle come the end of the year.

I'm with you on this one. Very good post.

I'm a big fan of McCrorie but SG isn't. For me he would always be in the team. Better then Jack and Kamara. Maybe needs a loan to get his career going again.

In what way is McCrorie better than Jack and Kamara?

You do read some stuff on here. He’s not even close to either of them as it stands.

op if you would play young Ross at centre half I am glad you don't pick the team as he is a midfielder.

You do read some stuff on here. He’s not even close to either of them as it stands.

Not as good as Kamara but in terms of effecting games, he’s superior to Jack.

Isn’t as neat and tidy on the ball against the likes of ST Mirren at Ibrox but 70% of the time McCrorie is a more effective player. Quite unique really.

Jack is another Jason Holt water carrier type but better - they’re ten a penny.

Jack is poor most games he plays in. Genuinely don't get the affection for him. He's very wasteful in possession at times and he's lazy when tracking back as well.

Whether it's McCrorie who replaces him or not is irrelevant but we do need an upgrade on him IMO.

What are Jack's best qualities?

Jack is poor most games he plays in. Genuinely don't get the affection for him. He's very wasteful in possession at times and he's lazy when tracking back as well.

Whether it's McCrorie who replaces him or not is irrelevant but we do need an upgrade on him IMO.

ball retention and tracking back are two of them so who the %^*& you are watching will be lost on most I would imagine

Say we play Celtic tomorrow and Aberdeen the next week, who do you play in midfield - McCrorie or Halliday.
Neitjer. But if you read what I said. I said if we need to add some defensive steel to the midfield in a tough game. Ie, nae football, just aggression...then I see his worth. Run of the mill games where your looking for a more rounded midfielder- that's not young Ross I'm afraid.

I think Ryan Jack can be the biggest mystery... whilst he is very neat in possession and plays a nice 10 yard pass, he isnt the destroyer to break up play or the creative number 10 to create or score. Really dont understand his role

I think he is going to struggle to be a first team regular.Cert for the bench most weeks but he needs to own the defensive midfield spot and I'm not sure it will happen.

I'd put him out on loan

He isn't in the starting 11 when everyone is fit.

He wiil be a good player for us but is being Davis, Jack and Kamara

Anyone ever thought the gaffer may prefer a quality midfield player with everything rather than a blood and thunder type of midfielder that some posters have a hard on about.

I think Ryan Jack can be the biggest mystery... whilst he is very neat in possession and plays a nice 10 yard pass, he isnt the destroyer to break up play or the creative number 10 to create or score. Really dont understand his role

Clearly one is a better player than the other but what you have just described is Xavi

Clearly one is a better player than the other but what you have just described is Xavi

Dont expect him to do both, but just give us one or the other. Kamara Davis and new number 10 would be my mid 3 next season. Jack on the bench

I’ve always said
He needs to play when we’re at
Pittodrie
Easter road
Tyncastle
Parkhead

Gives us a much better chance of winning those matches

An I’d now through in rugby park as our record there is terrible

I don't rate Ross McCrorie and think some on here are deluded regarding his ability level.

Not good enough technically to play in midfield for us.
I’m not convinced he’ll ever be a starter for us. It’ll be up to him whether hes content being a squad player here or not.

I think there is too many deficiency's in his game that need a lot of work.

I’m not convinced he’ll ever be a starter for us. It’ll be up to him whether hes content being a squad player here or not.

I've said before on here that I don't think the lad has a long term future at Rangers.

I may be proved wrong, which is fine, but I'm just not convinced.

Lol, I think he's a cracking player but he needs a full season of games, like rossitter and docherty got this year (both bury and Shrewsbury fans raved about them) and come back a better player for it. Think we all forget he's still an inexperienced kid as he's stood out in a few games.
Agreed as much as I think he's Important to the team imagine how much butter he could come back next season. I would try get him a team who simar to us or even a team who are relegation battlers where he will be called upon time and time again. It's probably better to start off there it'll maybe not be the best for his confidence it would improve his type of play a whole lot

Feel that it would be premature to judge if Ross McCrorie will become a regular member of our first team squad. He is not without ability particularly with the defensive side of his game. He is a young guy with time on his side and with good quality coaching that Michael Beale and others can provide, there is no reason why his career should not progress for the benefit of Rangers.

Agree with McCrorie but why doesn't he get a start ahead of Halliday, it was the same start of the season Katic and Goldson where looking like they where gelling then Katic gets dropped down, dont know what the manager and staff are seeing that the fans are not

I think Gerrard has his favourites. There are some players he blindly stands by. Rightly or wrongly.

He has a level of trust in Halliday, just like he had with Worrall, when imo it’s clear to see we have/had better options on the bench.

Trust is a big thing for Gerrard. Halliday hasn’t come in and let him down - mccrorie has a couple of times. But, we need players to be better than not just let downs. We need to play our best players when available. Sentiment should be out the window.

Feel that it would be premature to judge if Ross McCrorie will become a regular member of our first team squad. He is not without ability particularly with the defensive side of his game. He is a young guy with time on his side and with good quality coaching that M
If his touch, control, composure and passing are as they are at 21, I think it's going to be a big challenge for him to significantly improve in those areas in order to be technically good enough to be a first team regular at Rangers.

Why the constant Halliday bashing least he gives his all not like some other so called players, and Steven Gerrard has already stated he trusts Andy and if he was that bad he wouldn't get on the team sheet
Halliday never a midfielder he was always a left back or left winger before he signed with us. I think he has done well at left back for us this season I can't fault his effort or attitude but apart from in the championship he's never looked all to comfy in midfield. He's around as much I think is his ability to lift the lads spirits. Gerrards said a few times how crucial he is in the dressing room. He may not be the greatest in any of the positions he plays but he gives us 120 % every game and as long as he's not costu g us games I don't mind h playing

We had just went on our best run of the season winning 6 games on the bounce scoring 14 goals conceding one.

We get to a meaningless fixture on a horrible surface and play an experimental team giving probably a few their last run out in a Rangers jersey ever and lose to a last minute penalty that shouldn't have been given.

McCrorie didn't start any of these games, was his last start not a defeat ? He was also poor in the defeat to Rapid. I think we also drew with Hibs, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock with him starting.

Some people have a blind spot for McCrorie. For what it's worth I don't think he has the first touch or passing ability on surfaces like yesterday. He was chasing shadows the entire 90 minutes when he started there in the 2-1 defeat last season.

Instead of Jack?

Halliday should never have started ahead of him, and should have been hooked at HT for him.

I would give my all too, but like Halliday I am not good enough.

Would have played him instead of Barisic and played Halliday left back. He was outstanding when we played at Rugby Park in the cup back in February or March.

A loan to an SPL team would be good, full season playing in the league and we would strengthen another team to take points off Celtic, with a clause that he can't play against us obviously.

We had just went on our best run of the season winning 6 games on the bounce scoring 14 goals conceding one.

We get to a meaningless fixture on a horrible surface and play an experimental team giving probably a few their last run out in a Rangers jersey ever and lose to a last minute penalty that shouldn't have been given.

McCrorie didn't start any of these games, was his last start not a defeat ? He was also poor in the defeat to Rapid. I think we also drew with Hibs, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock with him starting.

Some people have a blind spot for McCrorie. For what it's worth I don't think he has the first touch or passing ability on surfaces like yesterday. He was chasing shadows the entire 90 minutes when he started there in the 2-1 defeat last season.
I think this is a big part of it in all honesty.

Back