Ross McCrorrie v Celtic - 11th March

davmcc

Official Ticketer
Anyone know if Ross McCrorrie is likely to be fit for the Celtic game in March?

Would be a huge boost if we can get him fit in time.

He’s not really a proper DM though, granted he looks suited to the role but in large he’s untested

He's 100% a proper DM. He's played there for us now more than he's played CB, and he's regularly been the best player on the park in that position. The majority of his spell at Dumbarton was as DM, so i've no idea how you've reached the conclusion that he's not a proper DM.

Certainly came through a good test at the piggery.

He was outstanding that day and makes a huge difference to the balance of our team.

Would be an automatic pick at DM if fit.
He was outstanding and has been in most of his games for us, maybe untested was the wrong word, inexperienced maybe better, boy looks the part but when everyone is fit I can see him playing centre back for us

He’s not really a proper DM though, granted he looks suited to the role but in large he’s untested

giphy.gif

He was outstanding and has been in most of his games for us, maybe untested was the wrong word, inexperienced maybe better, boy looks the part but when everyone is fit I can see him playing centre back for us

Personally prefer him at DM.

Pace, athleticism, strong in the air and tackle , comfortable on the ball and good passing ability too.

Ticks all the boxes for me mate.

And who at the club have looked better than him this season?

He has a footballing brain and was reading where to hover to collect the ball and cuts down the pressure that is and was being put on our central defence

Never mind this season in the last ten seasons

The boy is absolute beast

Can’t wait to see him back in the team

Imo he is already our most important midfielder

just hope he's fit,going to be a good player for us,i met the young man
a the hibs match,asked him when does he think he will be back again
he just said it wont be to long now,thats all I could get out of him,a
very nice lad.

He posted a picture the other day of himself and an egg timer. Seemed to indicate he's not far away.

Has been excellent in that role away to the Scum and Sheep Scum.

Only going to get more experience by playing these games. Tbh I’ve liked the look of him there more than at CB.

He’s come through big games with flying colours, and as it stands looks our best option at DM imo

He would be wasted at CB. He had all the qualities and potential to be a phenomenal DM. Hopefully for a number of years playing with us.

We miss his height, determination and dig in the middle.

I like him at DM for now. He’s raw but still has mistakes in him but that’s natural for younger players. At least as a DM if he does make an error we have defenders who can cover, if he makes those same errors at CB they’d cost us goals. For him to develop and play DM would be a good position for him to do it.

If we have the players that we have just now and have McCrorie back for it then I'll be the most confident in years going into an old firm match. But we've had horrendous luck with injuries when these games are approaching.

To try and answer the OP, I think the estimate was the he'd return by the end of February so in theory he should be available. Whether he's back in the starting 11 and match fit by then, I guess is hard to predict.

Knowing our luck...

Looking at the team that played against Ayr, who would you drop from that to accommodate McCrorie? Could only be Bates and Alves might beat McCrorie to that spot. Manager has some difficult decisions to make, when the likes of Jack and Dorrans are back.

Wes

Tav
Alves
Martin
John

McCrorie

Canadians
Goss
Docherty

Cummings
Morelos

That team will beat them !!!

Looking at the team that played against Ayr, who would you drop from that to accommodate McCrorie? Could only be Bates and Alves might beat McCrorie to that spot. Manager has some difficult decisions to make, when the likes of Jack and Dorrans are back.

McCrorrie starts ahead of Docherty, Goss and Windass. The question is who keeps their place beside him.

If McCrorie is fully fit then he is the first name on the teamsheet for me.

Jack and Dorrans aren't gonna be seen in a Rangers shirt again this season. That's why we have Goss on loan for six months with no option to purchase, he's simply injury cover

Wes

Tav Bates Martin John

McCrorie Goss

Candeias Windass Murphy

Morelos

Obviously once Alves , Wallace, Jack, Rossiter and Dorrans come back then we've got great depth in the squad.

I hope so he was great on the last one

We now have a squad capable of beating them the key will be how we line up and McCorie at DM would be my first name on the team sheet....

Wes

Tav
Alves
Martin
John

McCrorie

Canadians
Goss
Docherty

Cummings
Morelos

That team will beat them !!!

Windass will be a definite starter if he continues to perform as he has mate.

However plays we must get in about them early , play on their diddy centre halves , and right back and give Sinclair the message early doors
Do this and there's only one winner this time !!!!

Sure he met a few fans at Ayr and said another 2 weeks and he was hoping to be back so going on those timescales - yes he’ll be available.
That said, he’s a young lad who must be itching to get back out there. Whether 2 weeks is Murty’s timescales or Ross’ remains to be seen.

Would be brilliant to have him back fit , Any chance of Dorrans being back as well. Thought he was due back around March!

I think the poster you are replying to is right. Young Ross is versatile but he'll need to make his mark at CB or Full back longer term in my opinion. He's not gonna oust established midfielders if they are all fit.

He already has. First choice midfielder for me.

Back