Ross McCrorrie v Celtic - 11th March

I think the poster you are replying to is right. Young Ross is versatile but he'll need to make his mark at CB or Full back longer term in my opinion. He's not gonna oust established midfielders if they are all fit.
That isn't what the poster said

Fully fit my ideal XI would be.....

Foderingham
Tavernier Alves Martin Wallace
Jack McCrorie Dorrans
Windass Morelos Murphy

So he’s been out injured for a good few weeks and we throw him straight back into the game against them?
I’d have thought we’d want all 11 players as close to totally match fit as is possible.
He needs games and plenty of them.
It would be ridiculous to pitch him into the middle of our midfield.

That isn't what the poster said
I know what he said, he said he isn't really a natural DM and is in large untested. I agreed with him and went a stage further in that I don't see him playing in an established midfield when we have a fully fit squad. I think he's a cracking player, a versatile one, but he'll need to focus on CB or full back i.m.o or I don't see him playing much

I know what he said, he said he isn't really a natural DM and is in large untested. I agreed with him and went a stage further in that I don't see him playing in an established midfield when we have a fully fit squad. I think he's a cracking player, a versatile one, but he'll need to focus on CB or full back i.m.o or I don't see him playing much

He's an absolute natural at DM mate.

He was the main reason we totally controlled the midfield for the last hour at the piggery.

I think the poster you are replying to is right. Young Ross is versatile but he'll need to make his mark at CB or Full back longer term in my opinion. He's not gonna oust established midfielders if they are all fit.
He’s a young boy with bags of potential, he still has a lot to learn was the point I was trying get across

How many games has he played there for us 6/7, it’s early days mate but the signs certainly look good

He'll only get better mate and hopefully he's back sooner rather than later with Jack out for the rest of the season.

We desperately need a proper DM in the team and there's no other options.

Would love to see him as a future captain and playing his career as our CB for years to come. He's versatile enough to hold a place as DM and his attributes don't look out of place at all but just feel two strong young centre backs learning their trade together and fighting for each other learning from mistakes would be a lot more valuable in the long run than him in DM, a strong partnership in my eyes would be better than a player covering a position that certain players like Jack, docherty etc.. should be eye balling for therselves .....feel Tav, Foderingham and John would benefit with a solid pairing at the back as well. Anyway good situation to have.

Can play in either position. Can play RB too.

I like him in the DM position - allows for the odd mistake as well.

Nice to have the versatility - he doesn't need nailed down to any one position just now.

Use him where is needed - as long as he's getting the minutes.

He's our Dier.

Made a lot of mistakes at CB looked very good in DM still learning the game though as we saw when he was completely outplayed by Malumba, He's learning a new position but looks like he has the attributes to play their just needs more games in that position.

Back