Ross Wilson in Rangers transfer pledge to Michael Beale

There will be funds for salary with so many leaving, Kent, Morelos, jack, arfield, borna, Davis, roofe (,I think). That's a decent chunk of cash

Heard him saying on Clyde funds would be made available if we feel we need them.

So basically don't get excited. If funds were available that would actually improve us he would've probably mentioned it 4 or 5 times without the wishy-washy, work politics answers.
We should have gone for it after 55, that was the mistake

Ross Wilson would make a great politician in another life as he comes out with all these wonderful soundbites but never actually answers the questions with direct answers. Maybe that’s the reason why he has been untouchable for so long up to now.

Beale will be bailing out Wilson if he can get Morelos and Kent firing and new deals
I think that's the main reason Beale got the job. The board were resigned to losing them for nothing and they knew beale was close to them. So they've prib looked at it as he might not work as manager but at least if he gets the 2 of them on new deals we can make some decent money off them

Proper money for us is probably around £3-4m a player but we can't seem to reach that dizzy height.
We used to fairly often buy players for that.

I think until all director loans are paid back along with court case settlements and potential future cases, are hands are tied.

Ross Wilson would make a great politician in another life as he comes out with all these wonderful soundbites but never actually answers the questions with direct answers. Maybe that’s the reason why he has been untouchable for so long up to now.
Yes, all just nonsense you seem to get that with people who are media trained to that extent they use soundbites and generic phrases.

You see it with most managers now as well.

As above.

“The sporting director insists money will be made available following Beale's arrival from QPR”.

No he didn't insist money will be made available. He said the board would TRY and supply money as always. Well they haven't always supplied money and Trying is different from insisting.

I hope we go ba k in for that midfielder Raskin we were linked with in the summer. Been following him since and he's ooc in the summer so a pre contract and small fee in January should do the trick. Hes a put bull like box to box midfielder who loves a tackle and is great on the break of play. Him playing just behind tilman could be exciting to watch

Ross Wilson said this time last year when GVB was appointed that we didn’t need to sell any players and look how that worked out.

It looks like Wilson has (temporarily) got out of jail but as long as he and Stewart Robertson are around then we will simply not succeed in any way.

Robertson has been our MD since 2015 and been an utter disaster for the Club costing us tens of millions ……utterly hopeless. The worst single appointment by the board since 2015 as this clown was the main culprit in appointing Pedro.

Wilson is a fraud and completely incompetent but I don’t think Beale will be as weak with him as Van Bronkhorst was.

Both Wilson and Robertson should have been given their jotters long ago.

Last edited:
Ross Wilson said this time last year when GVB was appointed that we didn’t need to sell any players and look how that worked out.

It looks like Wilson has (temporarily) got out of jail but as long as he and Stewart Robertson are around then we will simply not succeed in any way.

Robertson has been our MD since 2015 and been an utter disaster for the Club costing us tens of missions……utterly hopeless. The worst single appointment by the board since 2015 as this clown was them main culprit in appointing Pedro.

Wilson is a fraud and completely incompetent but don’t think Beale will be as weak with him as Van Bronkhorst was.

Both Wilson and Robertson should have been given their jotters long ago.
Must be better than Wilson and Robertson

1p is money. Define money.
We need atleast £20m to match the squad of our main rivals

I was surprised at the structured response tbh.

Could be playing cards right to chest, sounded more like don’t expect much in January window which is always commercially inflated / we will largely go with what we have as we can only improve on what we have done with the squad there is currently.

Don’t expect fireworks, in short. Need sale(s) to fund anything mass change

Wilson is one non commital bastard. Just back the manager 100% ffs.

That's what you expect from him, he would expect the same from you and the Board.

I think Ross will know himself that his reputation is shot to pieces at the moment. In saying that, I still think that we’ll be targeting pre-contracts fir next summers rebuild

Gio got backed
Spent nearly 15 million in the summer. That should be more than enough to be competitive in scotland. Not the boards fault he wasted alot of it
He spent 10 million that rose to 12.5 after CL entry. Not 15 million.

We've never spent more than 12 and always dropped points when we have.

No big cheshire cat grins now, or sitting in the restaurant as with GVB when he signed.
Your times up Ross, best moving on.

There will be funds for salary with so many leaving, Kent, Morelos, jack, arfield, borna, Davis, roofe (,I think). That's a decent chunk of cash
Helander, mcgregor, , Roofe and Mclauchin have 18 months left on their contracts.
We will save wages on Sands/Tillman hopefully.
Clear the decks, so many serial losers, crocks and players not interested.
Any extended contracts will be fatal going forward and Beale wont last long unless he is ruthless.

Let's be honest our current squad even if most of them eventually return from injury aren't winning no league this season, the gap is to big and they aren't dropping many points and we aren't winning all our remaining games against them. So our recruitment and dealing better be bang on for next season, I don't want to continue to see us coming out against them chalk white looking, shitting themselves especially away from home. They get carved open in Europe from fast , skilful, insisive players who show no fear against them , unfortunately we don't have any of that at the moment.

He just copied and pasted what he said when Gio came in.

How he has survived this whole situation is astonishing the squad is a riot contract situation is a scandal and it’s his remit.

Helander, mcgregor, , Roofe and Mclauchin have 18 months left on their contracts.
We will save wages on Sands/Tillman hopefully.
Clear the decks, so many serial losers, crocks and players not interested.
Any extended contracts will be fatal going forward and Beale wont last long unless he is ruthless.
Helander and McGregor both expire at the end of this season.

souttar is his biggest mistake i would like answers too

bassey out who was played most at cb last year and 4m spent on davies total opposite stype of players, add in yilmaz who might come good but still not as athletic

balagon away and aribo both strong physical players

matondo brought in who is weaker then sakala

He spent 10 million that rose to 12.5 after CL entry. Not 15 million.

We've never spent more than 12 and always dropped points when we have.
According to reports when they signed we spent £4.5 million on yilmaz, £4 million on Davies, £2 million matondo, £2 million colak
You are not getting Tom Lawrence and Souttar without a good signing on fees or Tilman for a decent loan fee from Bayern, so i really cant see the £15 million figure quoted being far away.

According to reports when they signed we spent £4.5 million on yilmaz, £4 million on Davies, £2 million matondo, £2 million colak
You are not getting Tom Lawrence and Souttar without a good signing on fees or Tilman for a decent loan fee from Bayern, so i really cant see the £15 million figure quoted being far away.
When do you ever include signing on fees when talking about the transfer budget?

We're talking about money spent when it was spent. Davies was 3 million at the time, Colak 1.8, Matondo 2.3 and Yilmaz was 3.5 but rose to 5 because of the CL, as did all the fees we paid.

I think most of us expect a big squad turnover over the next year, players out of contract/ not delivering/ retiring. If Beale's got anyone in mind who we could realistically get in January, it would make sense to do so, you don't want a huge churn of players all at once. Even if its spending part of the summer budget early.

Realistically we are looking at the summer for any major surgery to the squad when a number of contracts are up. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Kent and or Morelos sign new deals. Think Kamara will be back in the midfield regularly until the end of the season - get him back on form he is a genuine sellable asset.

Can’t get away from the fact that we have a big squad which is bloated with non or poor contributors either due to injury, poor form or part their best. That needs addressed but it will be the summer now.

Think we may see a couple of loans in Jan but the rhetoric has already started in the sense of we have good players but need a lot back fit from injury and others to rediscover form

If everyone was fit we'd have a very good squad.
wow, that's optimistic.

our defence wouldn't be the car crash it is, granted, but the midfield in particular is a mile away from the standard we need if we want to anywhere near CL.

Back