Ross Wilson Shoud Be Sacked.

We weren’t backed with the funds, we can only do so much tbf. That’s why we get Juninho Bacuna instead of Verrman, and why we get Amad Diallo instead of Skov Olsen.

Penny pinching from the board who have taken the fan base for mugs at every turn this season. They’re the guys you shouldn’t trust.

We weren’t backed with the funds, we can only do so much tbf. That’s why we get Juninho Bacuna instead of Verrman, and why we get Amad Diallo instead of Skov Olsen.

Penny pinching from the board who have taken the fan base for mugs at every turn this season. They’re the guys you shouldn’t trust.
Harsh on the board who have been pumping in millions.

We should have sold someone for big money in the summer and refreshed the team.

Out of interest, where do you think these pennies they apparently pinched came from?

The Board have questions to answer about their decision-making in the last 12 months, but it’s easy - and terribly unfair - to criticise other people for not spending more of their own money on what we want them to spend it on.

Other than his time at Southampton, where all he done was sign Celtics best players, the man hasn't done much.

His record overall and at Rangers, isn't the most impressive, more misses than hits.

Agreed. Also not paying an extra 100k for Soutter with Helander and Balogun constantly struggling with injury

It's like we sign players just to fill a jersey but when they are actually required as back up, they are simply not good enough. We should be signing starters. Players better than what we have already. Not journey men and back up players. If you need back up look to the youth squad.

I can certainly go along with this rather than the ‘sack the Manager’ guff.

Wilson is guilty of too many very poor signings. We’re short of attacking options because he hasn’t recruited well, which combined with some terrible luck with injuries has cost us so much momentum this season.

He is a shite director of football but even before him we've wasted what little money we do have.

Kent, Roofe, Itten, Helander, Hagi all either inconsistent in a shite league, injury prone or don't fit our system at all.

A manager brought in who doesn't fit how we want to play or the players we have.

Our scouting is honestly fucking chronic and it's pointless pretending it isn't at this point

I can certainly go along with this rather than the ‘sack the Manager’ guff.

Wilson is guilty of too many very poor signings. We’re short of attacking options because he hasn’t recruited well, which combined with some terrible luck with injuries has cost us so much momentum this season.
He probably shouldn't be here. However, Gio has done nothing to suggest he is capable of grasping what is required in the domestic game at all. You can't figure out Scotland with the players he has then sorry, that is a massive worry.

Mate that’s totally accurate well said.

Golden rule in football Strengthen when you are ahead
Absolutely the case!! We've seen in recent years if you sit back and bank cash or penny pinch it always comes back to bite you in the arse! Without they cunts getting dragged down to the pits of Scottish football they should've been light years ahead of us and look what happened. Now at the biggest point in all those years, direct entry into CL should on paper be ours but we've regressed and let those fuckers back in to claim the cream. It boils my piss it really does!

I get the fact that we haven't had a huge amount of money to spend on players but you would think any DOF worth his salt would have unearthed a gem or two even with a limited budget by now.

The majority of this guys signings are just cheap dross no better than what we already had.

Flange who is in full control of transfers over at nonce park brought in CCV and Jota on loan while the abysmal Ross Wilson brings in Sands and the kid from Man Utd in return.

He probably shouldn't be here. However, Gio has done nothing to suggest he is capable of grasping what is required in the domestic game at all. You can't figure out Scotland with the players he has then sorry, that is a massive worry.
It isn’t on Gio that we don’t have a suitable substitute to lead our attacks when Alfie is out. That’s on the poor performances of the players and our recruitment.

Gio put the team out that we all wanted today. He can‘t be faulted for Roofe’s inability to win an aerial ball (which we inexplicably kept trying to play), his inability to hold up anything without conceding a foul, and most galling of all, his inability to stay onside.

It isn’t on Gio that we don’t have a suitable substitute to lead our attacks when Alfie is out. That’s on the poor performances of the players and our recruitment.

Gio put the team out that we all wanted today. He can‘t be faulted for Roofe’s inability to win an aerial ball (which we inexplicably kept trying to play), his inability to hold up anything without conceding a foul, and most galling of all, his inability to stay onside.
Gio could have tweaked the tactics. He didn't, stuck with Gerrard's old tactics.

Gio could have left an effective Ramsey on and taken Aribo off. He didn't.

Gio could have acknowledged that McGregor can't command the box but stuck with emotion over doing the right thing.

Gio let us down. He just doesn't and isn't offering anything in the form of management. No moving the team around. No inspiration, no nothing to try change the game for the good.

We have no money to buy quality players

Even when we got a huge fee for Patterson and our management compensation very little of it was used on players it went to service the debt

I shouted a lot on here about the terrible transfer windows we have had recently but no money is the main reason

What ido think we can criticise is those in charge knew this and one of two things should have happened

We should have sold one player at the start of the season for a semi decent fee and reinvested that into the team

Or we should have took a gamble and I don't mean spending 50 million of money we don't have getting us into dangerous debt but buy 2 decent players in the Jan window
My thinking is if it didn't work and we didn't win the league well we expect three or four players to leave who will get high enough fees to at least cover the players we bought

Instead we sort of did nothing tried to get lucky with a loan for a youth player and a world class player who sadly isn't fit enough and if he was he wouldn't be here in the first place

I have no idea where we go from here next season however looks like a serious rebuild and we have to get it right or we could be playing second fiddle for some time

We posted a £23 million loss and needed £7.5 million to see out the rest of the season.
We can’t go back to the days of Murray and spend money we don’t have.

Our failure to get past Malmö had a huge affect on the budget and thus we end up shopping in Lidl. I don't think the blame lies with Wilson

Clearly we can't say it's penny pinching as the investors have kept us going massively. But what must be questioned is his track record. Can someone please list his singings and we can see what exactly has been a success? I.e. very little.

Clearly we can't say it's penny pinching as the investors have kept us going massively. But what must be questioned is his track record. Can someone please list his singings and we can see what exactly has been a success? I.e. very little.
So what happened to the Patterson money?

Gio could have tweaked the tactics. He didn't, stuck with Gerrard's old tactics.

Gio could have left an effective Ramsey on and taken Aribo off. He didn't.

Gio could have acknowledged that McGregor can't command the box but stuck with emotion over doing the right thing.

Gio let us down. He just doesn't and isn't offering anything in the form of management. No moving the team around. No inspiration, no nothing to try change the game for the good.
Er, he did tweak the tactics.

I agree with you about leaving Ramsey on, but we don’t know the circumstances behind that.

Playing Mclaughlin ahead of McGregor wouldn’t have changed the outcome - Greegsy pulled off several world class saves that McLaughlin wouldn’t have.

Gio is clearly inspiring the team enough in Europe. Therefore, it’s pretty clear that this is down to player motivation and lack of available alternatives.

January window conversation.
"I need players to push for the title"
Ross Wilson. "Ok I'll give you a winger that can 't get in the team and a superstar who'll be ready in 2 months.

That’s partly his fault though, so either way he’s not performing to the required standard.

Do we really need a Sporting Director? When doing well you’ll see Wilson around the team and posting on Twitter. I bet you don’t see him unless we get a result v Braga
Also, when did he last sign a player who improved the team?

I'm with you mate. I am. But look at the loses but we should still have pushed the boot out. I'm saying with the money he had he's clearly made a lot of terrible signings
Put half the money to the losses and half to strengthening the team Sell someone else and do the same

Back