Ross Wilson to recommend £2m Hearts left back Aaron Hickey(The Sun)

Shame about the pedos getting a percent as i do like the look of him but the Jamtarts will never sell him to us.

A plausible scenario is that Wilson was on Southamptons radar having impressed on the club's analytics, data spreadsheets or whatever buzzwords are in vogue. Journo then assumes Wilson is now on our radar.

Transfermarkt has him going from Hearts to the Dhims in July 2017 and then making the reverse journey just a year later.

Even his profile on Hearts officials site says: “Aaron began his footballing career at Hearts before a brief spell with Celtic”.
Not correct he went to St Ninians as it's the school Celtuc use for youth players.

Not correct he went to St Ninians as it's the school Celtuc use for youth players.

I‘m only going by the info that’s freely available out there mate. Odd that Hearts think he came through their Youth set-up before a short spell with the Dhims if he didn’t. That quote is lifted straight from their official website profile of the player. Perhaps he was with the Dhims even earlier but I think the Dev Fee only applies from age 13 or thereabouts.

A hypothetical transfer question.

Say we wanted this guy and were willing to pay £2m for him. Is there anything stopping us saying to hearts, we will give you £50k for him. But we will also buy Ikpeazu (only other hearts player I can think of) for £1.95m. And we will loan Ikpeazu back for the remainder of his contract on the same terms.

Result being, hearts get their £2m, we get the player and the scum get £15k not £600k

A plausible scenario is that Wilson was on Southamptons radar having impressed on the club's analytics, data spreadsheets or whatever buzzwords are in vogue. Journo then assumes Wilson is now on our radar.
You’ve got the name wrong. But that’s pretty much it in a nut shell

I think it is indeed lazy journalism due to Southampton's interest in the player before RW came to Ibrox. Doesn't necessarily follow that RW was the one pushing it for Soton or, indeed, that he would see it as a worthwhile move for Rangers.

Worth noting that, if the 30% sell-on rumour is true (personally I doubt it), then the Dhims could, effectively purchase the player for around two thirds of the price we could. In effect, if he'd cost us £2m then they could probably have him for £500k plus Greg Taylor. Or, for nearer £1.4m to our £2m.

It's a non-starter for me.

This story came from the Daily Record Rangers podcast and is based on no evidence whatsoever. Scott McDermott said he assumes Hickey would be on Southamptons list of targets as they are always looking at the best young players and therefore he wouldn't be surprised if Rangers now go for him.

Jonny McFarlane then mentioned a figure of £2m which he may cost which again was based on absolutely nothing. The only thing the three guys doing the podcast seemed certain of was that Celtic have a 30% sell on clause.

I don't get this sell-on fee for the Dhims at all.

Hickey was with Hearts Youths. He then joined the Dhims Youths - for just 1 season. He rejected pro-terms with Celtic to return to Hearts just a season after joining the Dhims.

We are expected to believe that Hearts agree a 30% sell-on clause as part of that deal rather than having to pay the Dhims the requisite Development Fee they would have been due for the players single year at the Dhims? A Dev Fee which would have been, in the grand scheme of things, absolute buttons. Really?:confused: If that is correct then Hearts have made a monumental cock-up. I'm struggling to believe its true.
The mentally challengeds never wanted to lose him and demanded a 30% sell-on clause instead of a dev fee, mate.

The mentally challengeds never wanted to lose him and demanded a 30% sell-on clause instead of a dev fee, mate.

I get that (if the story is true) - what I don't get is why Hearts would agree to that if the player had only been at the Dhims for such a short period of time. I see others saying he was at the Dhims for a while but Hearts own webpage suggests he was only at the Dhims for a season. If that is correct - and I accept it may not be - then the Dev Fee would have been buttons.

due to us signing Portugese youngster Umaro Balde i'd be hoping we'd be developing our own youths ........

Back