Rossiter

Hateley's Mullet

No, he's not injured again (as far as I know) but the fact most of you probably thought he was when you saw this thread says it all.

I think he's a great wee player and COULD be a MAJOR asset for us one day. But there's been so many people on here lately banging on about him as if he's a cert to start next year, keeping guys like Ryan Jack out the team.

Whether he is actually a better player than Jack etc is beside the point - the fact is he's been injured for years and only played what, one, two games for us at the very tail end of last season? Why is everyone assuming he's now completely over his injury troubles? He's come back to play one or two games for us before then broke down and been out for MONTHS again. Each time it's the same story.

I honestly believe he's an excellent player and a possible future captain for us one day but come on to f8ck guys, let's just get him fully fit, with a run of at least a dozen games before we start touting him as the midfield anchor for next season. At this stage, I doubt Gerrard is even including him in his plans for next year - I wouldn't be if I was the manager. Any games he manages to play will be a bonus.

Gerrard will know all about him, and no doubt Gerrard will be one of his own heroes so I’m hoping he stays fit and, playing under SG, will do him good mentally. We’ll see I suppose.

What a bizarre post. Another FF misery.

I genuinely cannot fathom the intense need some have to wallow in hysterical hypothetical negativity.
WTF are you on about? I'm urging caution and suggesting people don't build him up only to be disappointed if he doesn't make the next step.

"Hypothetical negativity"? Yes, you're right there, although I don't think those words mean what you think they do.

We've only seen him against Hivs since Progres.

I thought he was the best player on the park though and we would have won the game (however meaningless) had he played the full 90.

I hope he is over all his injuries because he could be a huge player for us, next year and beyond.

WTF are you on about? I'm urging caution and suggesting people don't build him up only to be disappointed if he doesn't make the next step.

"Hypothetical negativity"? Yes, you're right there, although I don't think those words mean what you think they do.

No you’re not. Read it again.

I’m not thick. I use words for a living.

Maybe because a lot of people on here want him to turn into an important player for us? Barry Ferguson missed a lot of time early in his career through a pelvic injury. Youngsters can take a while to physically develop and just maybe this boy might be the real deal.

Nobody is expecting this guy to be Socrates but if he turns out to be as good as, say, Trevor Steven then we will all be happy.

No, he's not injured again (as far as I know) but the fact most of you probably thought he was when you saw this thread says it all.

Whether he is actually a better player than Jack etc is beside the point - the fact is he's been injured for years and only played what, one, two games for us at the very tail end of last season? Why is everyone assuming he's now completely over his injury troubles?

Why are you assuming he's not?

Gerrard went through a very similar situation early in his career. A good pre season will do the boy a world of good. If he stays injury free, we've got a diamond on our hands.

I think he's a great wee player and COULD be a MAJOR asset for us one day. But there's been so many people on here lately banging on about him as if he's a cert to start next year, keeping guys like Ryan Jack out the team.

Whether he is actually a better player than Jack etc is beside the point - the fact is he's been injured for years and only played what, one, two games for us at the very tail end of last season? Why is everyone assuming he's now completely over his injury troubles? He's come back to play one or two games for us before then broke down and been out for MONTHS again. Each time it's the same story.

I honestly believe he's an excellent player and a possible future captain for us one day but come on to f8ck guys, let's just get him fully fit, with a run of at least a dozen games before we start touting him as the midfield anchor for next season. At this stage, I doubt Gerrard is even including him in his plans for next year - I wouldn't be if I was the manager. Any games he manages to play will be a bonus.

According to the boy himself, he said that the medical people that have been looking after him, have now found out what the problem was, and have now resolved the lads problem.
I sincerely hope so for the boys sake, as i think he's got the making of being a very good footballer, especially him knowing the Gaffer and likewise.

He was fit at the end of the season and will have had two more months before next season starts.

Of course Gerrard will be including him in his plans.

Maybe because a lot of people on here want him to turn into an important player for us? Barry Ferguson missed a lot of time early in his career through a pelvic injury. Youngsters can take a while to physically develop and just maybe this boy might be the real deal.

Nobody is expecting this guy to be Socrates but if he turns out to be as good as, say, Trevor Steven then we will all be happy.
I KNOW he will be a very important player for us over the next few years. The boy is top notch. He showed that against hivs.

The ones screaming on here for him to be binned are an embarrassment and in general fucking clueless. They will kow who they are and will not praise the boy no matter what or deny they wanted him binned (when he still had 2-2 1/2 years of his contract to run.

Regards to the OP... As for keeping Jack out the team.. That is a gimmie ffs... And for once i agree with the kopger guy. Having read the full op it is honking.

He was fit at the end of the season and will have had two more months before next season starts.

Of course Gerrard will be including him in his plans.
As part of the squad, yes, of course. But I doubt he'll have him marked down as one of our key players next year. Not until he gets a run of games at least.

lol, yeah, I know, this thread was in response to all the mental posts I've seen mentioning Rossiter in our starting 11 next season as if it's a stick on! :D
You've just posted that we couldn't afford to sign a better player than Ryan Jack this window mate

Fresh air is your salvation right now

As part of the squad, yes, of course. But I doubt he'll have him marked down as one of our key players next year. Not until he gets a run of games at least.

Time will tell I suppose but I would be surprised if SG doesn't see Rossiter as a key player right from the off.

Whit?

I a

I genuinely cannot fathom the intense need some have to wallow in hysterical hypothetical negativity.

I agree, what is it with some people regarding young Rossiter, i wish the hell they would try and encourage the boy, instead of trying to sicken the kid with continuous false fitness claims all the time.
I hope in the new season he shows the doubters just how good he is.And solves part of Stevie G.'s.midfield problems I think under the gaffer and Gary Mac.he could be a knock out in a blue jersey.
Lets Go. F.F.

"He's probably spent half of his working life at Liverpool out injured. First shin-splints, then a long-running hamstring problem, then a stress fracture in his back. You name it, he's had it. and seems to have kept going," said the England supremo after the game. "When you think about that, it shows his resilience."

England Technical Director Howard Wilkinson 1999. Talking about the 19 year old Liverpool player.....
Yes you've guessed it. Steven Gerrard. Not impossible for Rossiter to come back. Not saying he has the quality of his new Manager but he could still have a good career.

You've just posted that we couldn't afford to sign a better player than Ryan Jack this window mate

Fresh air is your salvation right now

I was saying we need to spend what money we have on centre halfs and strikers. What money we have left wouldn't get us a better player than Jack.

I a

I agree, what is it with some people regarding young Rossiter, i wish the hell they would try and encourage the boy, instead of trying to sicken the kid with continuous false fitness claims all the time.
I hope in the new season he shows the doubters just how good he is.And solves part of Stevie G.'s.midfield problems I think under the gaffer and Gary Mac.he could be a knock out in a blue jersey.
Lets Go. F.F.
I think you completely misunderstood what I was saying.

Mate, go outside. Get some fresh air. Its Saturday & quite warm.

Think I’ll avoid FF till pre season starts, the threads on here are torture right now.

You won’t though as you posted this 28 minutes ago yet you’re still online. :p

As for the OP Rossiter, if he can get a full pre season under his belt & start the season well he could be a real gem for us.

My fear would be the SPFL hammer throwers will be out to “do him” each week.

He looks a real player and im not concerned about his injuries. Sometimes these things can happen with young players. As far as I’m concerned we’ll be starting next season with a great addition to the squad.

For me, a fully fit Jordan Rossiter will be one of the first names in the teamsheet next season.

A proper footballer.
Completely agree. I think he can be a top class player for us and, given the fact we've stuck with him during his injury woes, hopefully he'll show some loyalty even if he starts attracting attention down south. But there I go, getting carried away in the very thread I advocate the exact opposite! :p

Or the need to start a thread!
Though I am intrigued on the op's ability to read minds.

According to the boy himself, he said that the medical people that have been looking after him, have now found out what the problem was, and have now resolved the lads problem.
I sincerely hope so for the boys sake, as i think he's got the making of being a very good footballer, especially him knowing the Gaffer and likewise.

The correct answer. Kept breaking down due to the same recurring problems he suffered from since he was a youth. They finally diagnosed it as stemming from a lower back issue, resolved said issue, and he's been physically fine and fully fit since other than a minor calf problem that kept him out of a development game (as a precaution-he could have played). That is why there is positivity.

Simple explanations are never accepted on here though (factual ones even less so) so first time he's out with a cold I fully expect the usual 7-10day brigade to fire right in with an I told you all so, made of glass pish. :)

I'll tell you what, if the boy makes it through pre season he will be in the team and it will be like a new signing.....ten times the player mcginn will ever be (who some on here wanted to sign).

The wee man is a midfield general, barking orders, covering every blade of grass, intelligence in his play...etc..

We saw all this in ONE GAME ffs.

Hope he stays fit as him and arfield backed up by mccrorie in the middle would be immense imo,
Thats a midfield with heart, graft, and ability.

Clicked on this thread expecting him to be injured again .The boys a player if he stays fit .Good luck young man.

Back