Roy Maakay and the headset

Ryan1872

Has anyone else picked up on Roy maakay chatting away on a Bluetooth headset every minute the cameras are on him? Noticed this last 2 games now it’s constant. Can’t be gio as he is usually standing in front of him headset less. Could it be an Uber eats? Does he like ordering bargain buckets from the bench? Anyone know?

Is it a blind analyst? Why would Roy maakay commentate a game that the guy is already watching? If I had to choose a guy to commentate a game back to me I’d rather it be Jeff Stelling. Here he’s leaving sky at the end of the season could get in there fast.
Can work two ways.

Means the analyst can relay things he’s spotted to the bench and Makaay can say to the analyst to clip certain moments of the match so it can be reviewed quickly. Some top sides have a set up where the analyst can have footage of something for the players going down the tunnel at half time so it can be relayed to them for tactical purposes.

Has anyone else picked up on Roy maakay chatting away on a Bluetooth headset every minute the cameras are on him? Noticed this last 2 games now it’s constant. Can’t be gio as he is usually standing in front of him headset less. Could it be an Uber eats? Does he like ordering bargain buckets from the bench? Anyone know?
Solid thread.

Can work two ways.

Means the analyst can relay things he’s spotted to the bench and Makaay can say to the analyst to clip certain moments of the match so it can be reviewed quickly. Some top sides have a set up where the analyst can have footage of something for the players going down the tunnel at half time so it can be relayed to them for tactical purposes.
Don’t think that’s the way it really works tbh but a nice insight to how the human mind works.

Is it a blind analyst? Why would Roy maakay commentate a game that the guy is already watching? If I had to choose a guy to commentate a game back to me I’d rather it be Jeff Stelling. Here he’s leaving sky at the end of the season could get in there fast.
A blind video analyst? You’re at it surely!

Is it not a recorder, he’s picking up faults in the game , that they will go over either half or full time.

He’s hooked up to the guy that starts the songs in the crowd. Understand it was his idea to get Daddy’s Uniform sung more often. Good man is Roy.

We're you born thick or have to practice at it?

giphy.gif

Be someone higher up in the stand with a better view of player positions/areas to exploit. Common practice in Europe.
I said yesterday that it would be interesting to see drone footage of the way they play. It seems to never change & therefore should be easy next season to combat.

He’s got an earpiece in, he’s just lining up the next song

‘Alexa, play four lads had a dream’

It’s the DUP/UVF he’s saying look these c*nts are shite give us the money in the summer and we’ll get our trophy back.

Unbelievable Jeff.

FWIW I sit in the club deck and believe being higher up and looking down you get a better view of play, spaces etc than being at eye level pitch side…Maybe there is another member of the coaching team higher up in the stands for exactly the same reason?

FWIW I sit in the club deck and believe being higher up and looking down you get a better view of play, spaces etc than being at eye level pitch side…Maybe there is another member of the coaching team higher up in the stands for exactly the same reason?
Walter done it for years, particularly in bigger games. You’d see him constantly phone instructions from the directors box to the dugout

Back