RSC’s invited to apply for further Semi-Final tickets

So let me get this straight, a guy who can pay nearly 600 quid for his season ticket, goes to every home game but doesn’t tick the box, he should be denied the chance of a semi final ticket in favour of someone who could in theory have went to a couple of games this season on a supporters bus?

So let me get this straight, a guy who can pay nearly 600 quid for his season ticket, goes to every home game but doesn’t tick the box, he should be denied the chance of a semi final ticket in favour of someone who could in theory have went to a couple of games this season on a supporters bus?
Yes I think that's how it works

Why? Season ticket holders had their chance at the start of the season to tick the box. Only themselves to blame by not doing it.

Would’ve had one if they’d done that.
Ah, but then they would've had to take the Ayr United ticket and some of these 'princesses' only want a priority ticket when its a glamour game.

If he goes to every home game all he needs to do is tick the box and he’d have a ticket. THATS how it works.

Come on mate. The bus convenors have to get their random mates a ticket for the big games:D

If he goes to every home game all he needs to do is tick the box and he’d have a ticket. THATS how it works.

You honestly think a member of an RSC does not attend every home game and does not tick the box. I'd say 99.9 % of RSC members have a ticket for Sunday. So why do they need more?

How VERY patronising.

There could be a variety of reasons and circumstances for not ticking the box.

Again, I’ll ask, someone who forks out a heck of lot of money and goes to every home game, he should be denied in favour of someone who potentially goes on a supporters bus to a couple of games?

THATS what you are saying?

I disagree. Not ticking the box suggests that a ST holder has no interest in going to these games so not sure why they should then be elevated above RSCs who apply(?) for an allocation therefore it suggests they have interest.
Point of order- the season ticket holders always have an interest in going to semi finals and finals- they just don’t want to commit to going to all non league games at Ibrox in order to get priority- if figures are correct 26k did commit and got priority in the ballot the other 20k season ticket holders are only wanting priority when we reach semi finals and finals just because they hold a season ticket.
For the record I’m a member of a RSC and season ticket holder that ticked all home non league games and priority for semi finals and finals along with all away games on CCCS.
as previously indicated the RSCs have an important role to play in taking supporters to all rangers games home and away every week and require tickets in order to partly fill and run a bus especially to away games - yesterday we ran a 30 seater to Hamilton with 22 on board with 13 of those receiving tickets from the RSC and other RSC resources - we normally run 2 busses (70+50 seater) to Ibrox but struggle for tickets for most away games but still run a bus

Point of order- the season ticket holders always have an interest in going to semi finals and finals- they just don’t want to commit to going to all non league games at Ibrox in order to get priority- if figures are correct 26k did commit and got priority in the ballot the other 20k season ticket holders are only wanting priority when we reach semi finals and finals just because they hold a season ticket.
For the record I’m a member of a RSC and season ticket holder that ticked all home non league games and priority for semi finals and finals along with all away games on CCCS.
as previously indicated the RSCs have an important role to play in taking supporters to all rangers games home and away every week and require tickets in order to partly fill and run a bus especially to away games - yesterday we ran a 30 seater to Hamilton with 22 on board with 13 of those receiving tickets from the RSC and other RSC resources - we normally run 2 busses (70+50 seater) to Ibrox but struggle for tickets for most away games but still run a bus

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with my post. It's not clear from the above as if you don't tick the box it suggests that you have no interest in the matches.

How VERY patronising.

There could be a variety of reasons and circumstances for not ticking the box.

Again, I’ll ask, someone who forks out a heck of lot of money and goes to every home game, he should be denied in favour of someone who potentially goes on a supporters bus to a couple of games?

THATS what you are saying?
Jimmy, if you fork out a heck of a lot of money to go to every home game at Ibrox - you qualify for priority

unless you do not actually attend Rangers home games in any cup games that we get - then there is no priority.

RSCs take tickets for all home games regardless- for members who cannot stump up a lump sum for a season ticket but buys a home ticket every game at home ( league and cups)does this gives them priority under your argument?
Our supporters club runs a points system when allocating ticket and 3 non season ticket holders out of 10 are all on maximum points

Jimmy, if you fork out a heck of a lot of money to go to every home game at Ibrox - you qualify for priority

unless you do not actually attend Rangers home games in any cup games that we get - then there is no priority.

RSCs take tickets for all home games regardless- for members who cannot stump up a lump sum for a season ticket but buys a home ticket every game at home ( league and cups)does this gives them priority under your argument?
Our supporters club runs a points system when allocating ticket and 3 non season ticket holders out of 10 are all on maximum points
very refreshing post on this subject, well done joseph

T

Talk me through that one. You would rather see empty seats than have bears at the game.

I would rather see the Rangers end packed to the rafters as usual , and empty seats in the sheep end yes if it means them losing money .

The maximum share we get is 25% of both semis put together . So by selling 26,000 tickets that’s our share .

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with my post. It's not clear from the above as if you don't tick the box it suggests that you have no interest in the matches.
If you do not tick the box - you have no interest in the matches, until you get pissed off at not receiving a ticket and use the fact you are a season ticket holder as a way of obtaining a ticket over others

If you do not tick the box - you have no interest in the matches, until you get pissed off at not receiving a ticket and use the fact you are a season ticket holder as a way of obtaining a ticket over others

Yes, that's what I was saying. So in essence if you show no interest and someone else does then the latter should be offered a ticket first. :)

Ticket allocation will be the same as the semi final if we get there. Ballot for CCC an allocation to players and corporate and an allocation to RSC's.

Yes i know mate, but we will have all this to go through again why some folk think its no fair that they missed out on a ticket and why they should get before someone else :D and there will be less tickets to go around in the final :eek::eek:

WATP

Harsh on ST Holders and Busses tbf.

The argument of ticking the box for Semi Finals and Finals is true but in order to tick that you've also got to sign upto all non st home games.

Which this season we've already paid for 8 games not on ST. Which everyone can't afford but can afford the odd cup game on top.

Busses are great in all and kept our away support going during the divisions, but most non league games (excluding UEL) you always see the same folk around Ibrox with 5/6 STs held up for sale.

I still think there will be a news of a Season Ticket holder sale from tomorrow onward.

Just a guess but it's probably why they want RSC's to respond by today.

Harsh on ST Holders and Busses tbf.

The argument of ticking the box for Semi Finals and Finals is true but in order to tick that you've also got to sign upto all non st home games.

Which this season we've already paid for 8 games not on ST. Which everyone can't afford but can afford the odd cup game on top.

Busses are great in all and kept our away support going during the divisions, but most non league games (excluding UEL) you always see the same folk around Ibrox with 5/6 STs held up for sale.

It's the chance you take to get into the draw for the ballot. It is designed to provide and incentive to ST holders and also ensure maximum uptake for earlier rounds so you get the chance in the ballot of the 'glamour' games.

You got to be in it to win it so to speak.

It's the chance you take to get into the draw for the ballot. It is designed to provide and incentive to ST holders and also ensure maximum uptake for earlier rounds so you get the chance in the ballot of the 'glamour' games.

You got to be in it to win it so to speak.

Yeah that's true and agree. But when extra tickets become available then ST Holders should be able to have first refusal. Nothing stopping RSCs picking up an extra few tickets through tbe STs on the buses

Yeah that's true and agree. But when extra tickets become available then ST Holders should be able to have first refusal. Nothing stopping RSCs picking up an extra few tickets through tbe STs on the buses

That's an assumption to be fair mate. The way I see it is that RSCs show interest in taking tickets so the TO would know there's demand to be sold via the official office. A ST holder who doesn't tick the box has shown no interest as far as TO are concerned.

Read somewhere that the cost is in the region of £380,000
Yes - there was an article in here about it last week. So almost £100,000 each. Arguably we lose the most, as we will take more fans than the others, and didn’t do any moaning.

Yes - there was an article in here about it last week. So almost £100,000 each. Arguably we lose the most, as we will take more fans than the others, and didn’t do any moaning.
That's where it's all wrong they bring 9k we bring 32/35k but shared equally give them a percentage of the amount of fans they bring

Well tick the bloody box mate . It’s not rocket science. Basically if you pay for / attend every home game and tick the box you would be at hampden .
Problem is too many think “ I’m not paying £20 for Ayr , or lesser rounds and then kick off when they don’t get a ticket for the big teams

Well tick the bloody box mate . It’s not rocket science. Basically if you pay for / attend every home game and tick the box you would be at hampden .
Problem is too many think “ I’m not paying £20 for Ayr , or lesser rounds and then kick off when they don’t get a ticket for the big teams

Ticking the bloody box isn’t the issue, the guy who could end up with a ticket wouldn’t have ticked the box ;)

There could still be a scenario where it’s possible for someone who can go to every home game losing out to a guy who goes on a bus a few times.

Is their nothing our support don’t fall about ? A load of extra tickets and now we can’t agree who should get them.

It’s like the seven year wait to buy a top and then some of them couldn’t wait seven days to receive it ( I also have a theory that the ones complaining they got wrong sizes ticked the wrong box .....wouldn’t mention it on the strip thread though)

Whats happening to the 5k tickets the sheep have still got and will never sell. They should be withdrawn and handed over to Rangers with Jimmy the Gent first up.

Ticket allocation will be the same as the semi final if we get there. Ballot for CCC an allocation to players and corporate and an allocation to RSC's.

Yes i know mate, but we will have all this to go through again why some folk think its no fair that they missed out on a ticket and why they should get before someone else :D and there will be less tickets to go around in the final :eek::eek:
WATP

The amount of tickets won't be the same

probably 21k each whether Hearts or Celtic

Whats happening to the 5k tickets the sheep have still got and will never sell. They should be withdrawn and handed over to Rangers with Jimmy the Gent first up.

You probably the some of that will be within the current allocation they have sold therefore is very little chance of us getting them

Haven't read through the thread but of the reason RSC get offered the tickets at short notice is it easy to admistate due the fact all the payment details are set-up

What percentage of folk in a RSC that go to a lot of games are not season ticket holders ? Can't think it will be very high.

Ticking the bloody box isn’t the issue, the guy who could end up with a ticket wouldn’t have ticked the box ;)

There could still be a scenario where it’s possible for someone who can go to every home game losing out to a guy who goes on a bus a few times.
The scenario you quote is not possible in reality- busses run a points system where allocation of any tickets the RSCs get are given out based on games attended, someone only going to a couple of games, will be that far down on the points that they will never get a ticket for any semi final or final before the member of the rsc who travels to every game home and away - but if this theory that tickets are given to random supporters is your basis for RSCs not receiving tickets- you need to research how RSCs are actually run and how they distribute tickets

Out of curiosity jimmythegent did you sign up and pay for all home non league games?
Or are you only counting home games in the league on the season ticket?

Last edited:
They had a chance at the start of the season to sign up though. And that includes buying any home matches on the run to the semi or final.

They can’t just get a jolly at Hampden if the team is successful when they haven’t committed to going to games like Ayr on a Wednesday night.

An RSC would have had to take a certain amount of tickets for Ayr whether they could shift themselves or not. An RSC will also have had their own season books too.
This. TBH if a ST holder didn't sign up to CCCS because they couldn't commit at the time but has been to every single game then they should get a shout but the ones who sai "why should I go and watch Ayr" then tough shit IMO. As you said RSCs would have been allocated these tickets and had to take and pay for them and I'm sure they will have their own loyalty scheme ensuring members who have made the effort to go to all games get priority

The scenario you quote is not possible in reality- busses run a points system where allocation of any tickets the RSCs get are given out based on games attended, someone only going to a couple of games, will be that far down on the points that they will never get a ticket for any semi final or final before the member of the rsc who travels to every game home and away - but if this theory that tickets are given to random supporters is your basis for RSCs not receiving tickets- you need to research how RSCs are actually run and how they distribute tickets

Out of curiosity jimmythegent did you sign up and pay for all home non league games?
Or are you only counting home games in the league on the season ticket?

I know perfectly well how supporters buses are run, I was a member for years on 2 different buses. Granted it was a good while ago now, didn’t like how one in particular was run so gave it up.

As for signing up, no I didn’t, the only 2 home games in all competitions I have missed this season are Ayr and Rapid Vienna, both due to work commitments.

I made an a#£e if it and didn't tick the semi /final boxes,been on the cccs for years and go to all home games, didn't get a sniff of a ticket, my fault but don't agree with supporters buses getting any extra tickets ,vthese should have been made available to season ticket holders imo.

Back