RTV - another thread with questions!

kensington blue nose

Does anyone know if I buy the game and not watch it (I am based in the USA), can I watch it "live" at anytime?
I am out from 3pm - 5pm here when it is on and am going to order it and dodge the score.

If I order it, is it as simple as just pressing play when I get home and it will start?

When you buy the game you can watch it live and on repeat.

I can't remember from France how long it took for the replay to be available, sometimes it went up sharpish and sometimes it was midnight UK (which should be fine anyway given your timezone) - guess it just depends.
As it's being recorded at Ibrox it should be quick.

So to answer your question, yes, you can just press play if the "as live", basically post match replay, is available when you return.

When you buy the game you can watch it live and on repeat.

I can't remember from France how long it took for the replay to be available, sometimes it went up sharpish and sometimes it was midnight UK (which should be fine anyway given your timezone) - guess it just depends.
As it's being recorded at Ibrox it should be quick.

So to answer your question, yes, you can just press play if the "as live", basically post match replay, is available when you return.

At 5pm when I am back in the house, or 7pm (12pm UK time)? Would rather 5pm!
Then I don't have to stay off the internet for 4 hours!!

The “as live” replay option is normally midnight UK time after the match I’m sure.

This.

You won't get the re-run until after midnight UK time. Even though you've bought the game if you miss it then it doesn't 'store' it in memory (like a recording) so you can play it 'on demand'.

At 5pm when I am back in the house, or 7pm (12pm UK time)? Would rather 5pm!
Then I don't have to stay off the internet for 4 hours!!
Normally it's midnight UK, so 7pm your time, but I've seen it go up earlier before.

Now awaiting aw the "don't talk pish it's always midnight" comments :D

Nae point in lying - it has gone up before midnight before.

Can you not buy it for slightly cheaper as a replay?

In other words when you come in (after midnight I’m time) a replay should be available at a cheaper price than live.

Also why don’t you just spend the $5 dollars a month and you get interviews and other content as well as replays at no additional cost.

You do have to pay an additional $9 per game for live games though.

How long before kick off does coverage start?

The placeholder screen with the still image and a timer usually appears about an hour before kick-off. Their actual coverage can start around 30 minutes before kick-off, though that is fairly variable.

This.

You won't get the re-run until after midnight UK time. Even though you've bought the game if you miss it then it doesn't 'store' it in memory (like a recording) so you can play it 'on demand'.

Ok cheers.

Will have to try and dodge the score then... doing that when loading RTV will no doubt prove tricky!!

Does anyone know if I buy the game and not watch it (I am based in the USA), can I watch it "live" at anytime?
I am out from 3pm - 5pm here when it is on and am going to order it and dodge the score.

If I order it, is it as simple as just pressing play when I get home and it will start?

Yes, if you pay for the live option, then you can watch it at any time. You will not have to wait until 7pm (midnight UK). I have done this on a few occasions for mid-week games when I cannot get away from work. In fact the game does not have to be finished, you can start watching from the beginning. Just be aware that if the game is still going on, that it will start at the live point. I just mute the sound and scroll the page a bit so that I don't see the score, then go back to the start of the game.

The “as live” replay option is normally midnight UK time after the match I’m sure.

That's not correct if you're in the USA. I routinely watch matches soon after they have finished, and LONG before midnight UK time. For example, a noon (UK) kickoff is 4AM for me. Since I'm watching it in my home anyway (not at an RSC) I don't bother getting up to watch it. I generally watch these games at about 9AM (5PM UK time). And they're always available at that time.

Here's a screenshot from the RTV site:

JIFTTHY.png

So the "after midnight" rule applies only to people in the UK (or, ahem, to people that the RTV site KNOWS are in the UK :))

Ok cheers.

Will have to try and dodge the score then... doing that when loading RTV will no doubt prove tricky!!
As mentioned, type in rangerstv.tv and it'll take you right to the Rangers TV log-in screen and not the regular website.

Be careful not to log-in too early, while match coverage or even post match coverage is still on. If you do that, it'll start you at that point of the coverage. I tried logging in late to the Hearts game and the picture came up just as Hearts scored.

Back