RTV App on iPad

sifter

Official Ticketer
Watching videos on the new RTV app on iPad, any way to get rid of the banner at the bottom when watching in full screen?

It disappears for me after about 5 seconds.

Are you touching the screen? It goes away naturally on its own.

Yes, thanks. Sorry if that came across grumpy. Just having a spat with Ticketmaster trying to rinse me for every cent they can. Robbing barstewards.
Nah not at all mate, my old man gives me the same answer when I tell him to use his TV browser rather than watching the games on his iPad lol.
"Am no footerin about with that stupid thing" :D

Good luck with Ticketbastar.ds!

Any way to get it to cast to your tv like it used to? Only seems to have apple play now.
See when you put it full screen on the iPad mate, touch the tiny wee blue mark on the top left of the screen. It should give you the option of cast to TV, Sky Q etc. Took me a while before I figured it out, but does work.

Watching videos on the new RTV app on iPad, any way to get rid of the banner at the bottom when watching in full screen?
When you go fullscreen on the App on an iPad the picture should rotate to landscape and go widescreen. That leaves you with the landscape picture with black bars top and bottom, as normal. At least that what happens on mine.

See when you put it full screen on the iPad mate, touch the tiny wee blue mark on the top left of the screen. It should give you the option of cast to TV, Sky Q etc. Took me a while before I figured it out, but does work.
It used to but since the update it seems to have gone.

Do you just log into this app with your new details?
If you’ve re-registered your details, verified and had it confirmed and then downloaded the new App then, yes you do. Could probably have tried it in the time it took you to post the question.;):)

Not sure what you mean by ‘new’ details though. Same RTV Account.

The ability to use Chromecast seems to have disappeared for now. Hopefully re-appear in a a subsequent Update but looks a lost cause for tomorrow.
I read on yesterday's thread that the Android app had already been updated, VB. Do you know if a similar request pending for the IOS app?

I read on yesterday's thread that the Android app had already been updated, VB. Do you know if a similar request pending for the IOS app?
I think the Android App was updated so it showed the Watch Live next to the St J game mate but I don't think it updated to show Chromecast. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Same situation with the Apple App - now shows the Live button but no Chromecast yet. I will be astounded if the facility isn't restored in due course but have no idea when.

Yep I see Airplay as well. I have two smart tv's and none of them support Airplay so I'll just have to be patient. Chromecast may have been the wrong option for me as we all have iPhones. Oh well........
I'm confident Chromecast will be restored mate. No idea when though.

Cheers bud. I'm assuming that all those devices in the lower area have AirPlay then given the header on the pop-up box?
Must do mate. I hit that wee blue thing on the top left, & these options come up thankfully. If they didn’t, I would be the same scratching my head at it.

When you go fullscreen on the App on an iPad the picture should rotate to landscape and go widescreen. That leaves you with the landscape picture with black bars top and bottom, as normal. At least that what happens on mine.
Used to do this on the old version. Since updating at the weekend it doesn’t go away. Also when you rotate the video automatically goes back to the start, when you go from landscape to portrait it also goes back to the start.

Used to do this on the old version. Since updating at the weekend it doesn’t go away. Also when you rotate the video automatically goes back to the start, when you go from landscape to portrait it also goes back to the start.
Just tried. Goes away for me mate. I have the landscape picture with the black bars top and bottom on my iPad. Also, when I swap from Landscape to Portrait, or vice versa, its not going back to the start for me. Tested using the Away Days video from Easter Road.

Just tried. Goes away for me mate. I have the landscape picture with the black bars top and bottom on my iPad. Also, when I swap from Landscape to Portrait, or vice versa, its not going back to the start for me. Tested using the Away Days video from Easter Road.
Cheers. I’ll give it a try tonight when I’m back in. It’ll either work or make me want to throw the iPad off the wall!

Tried it mate, cheers.

I've got blocked out things such as interviews. Maybe because I'm not a member and just have the VST?
Yes. VST viewers don't have access to any of the regular content.

However, if you scroll down to the bottom there is a page called Content for VST or similar. There's some videos in there. For me, about 4 or 5 are unlocked and the rest locked. Have a look and see what you can view. Main thing, of course, is that you are able to click on Live next to the St J match and it plays the test stream.

Yes. VST viewers don't have access to any of the regular content.

However, if you scroll down to the bottom there is a page called Content for VST or similar. There's some videos in there. For me, about 4 or 5 are unlocked and the rest locked. Have a look and see what you can view. Main thing, of course, is that you are able to click on Live next to the St J match and it plays the test stream.

Nah, it says incorrect pass mate?

Nah, it says incorrect pass mate?
FFS. The Live stream next to the St J game plays for you though?

Is this on the App or via browser? If App, then try checking your Account via web browser. Login, click on the wee man icon again and select RTV Account. It should show something like 'season ticket access - July 2021'. If it doesn't then something has gone wrong with the migration of your Account and I'd suggest an email to support:

rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

Apps seems a mess right now and I'd recommend sticking to web browser.

Last edited:
I’m watching it through smart TV and can’t get rid of it either, also can you fast forward Inside Ibrox. I have also Done as RTV suggested installing Chrome onto IPad and Mac, still had problems, but getting better, new app looks as though it’s working.

FFS. The Live stream next to the St J game plays for you though?

Is this on the App or via browser? If App, then try checking your Account via web browser. Login, click on the wee man icon again and select RTV Account. It should show something like 'season ticket access - July 2021'. If it doesn't then something has gone wrong with the migration of your Account and I'd suggest an email to support:

rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

Apps see a mess right now and I'd recommend sticking to web browser.

That looks like whats happened mate, I'll stick to the browser for now.

Tried it on iPad, still not going full screen. Found it works fine through safari so I’ll just go that way rather than the app.

FYI you can chrome cast from the website version of RTV on a laptop.

I haven’t checked to see if you also can on the browser version on a mobile device.

Tried it on iPad, still not going full screen. Found it works fine through safari so I’ll just go that way rather than the app.
Once the video starts touch the screen to stop it. Then go to bottom right of paused video and the Full Screen icon should be there.

Cheers bud. I'm assuming that all those devices in the lower area have AirPlay then given the header on the pop-up box? I'm guessing the poster @Stupid , like me, doesn't have AirPlay compatible devices.
Yeah mine lists airplay but has nothing as I have no airplay compatible devices. Will have to stick to the laptop casting to the tv for now. Frustrating as you'd think they'd have tested this and made sure that as many options were available before launching rather than going the MVP route.
Strangely the website lists them as having airplay and chromecast available.
https://streamamg.com/products/streamplay (I'm assuming this is the product they have with streamamg. Though they pretty much all list chromcast as an option.)

Same for me browser with rtv website is fine App says i don’t have the Rights to watch Live ST content although audio plays .

Yeah mine lists airplay but has nothing as I have no airplay compatible devices. Will have to stick to the laptop casting to the tv for now. Frustrating as you'd think they'd have tested this and made sure that as many options were available before launching rather than going the MVP route.
Strangely the website lists them as having airplay and chromecast available.
https://streamamg.com/products/streamplay (I'm assuming this is the product they have with streamamg. Though they pretty much all list chromcast as an option.)
I'm near certain it will be back mate. Eventually.

No idea what I’m not doing but it’s definitely not working for me. This is all I get and that bottom bar doesn’t go away! :mad:

Ah mate, I'm sorry I gave you, slightly, duff gen. I said touch the screen to pause it. You do not pause it. Just touch the screen in the bottom right corner of the video that's playing (just above the little box with an up arrow but INSIDE the video). You should see the Full Screen icon appear. Beware though, if the video in that bottom corner is white it can be difficult to see at first.

Same for me browser with rtv website is fine App says i don’t have the Rights to watch Live ST content although audio plays .
If you are on an Apple device a poster on one of the other threads has said the App update that came out last night has solved the issue for him. Think the Android one updated the day before.

To force update the App, click on the wee man icon top right and then drag down with your finger on the page that pops up. The new RangersTV App should appear in the Updates section. Click on Update All. Version 2.0.1.15.

If you are on an Apple device a poster on one of the other threads has said the App update that came out last night has solved the issue for him. Think the Android one updated the day before.

To force update the App, click on the wee man icon top right and then drag down with your finger on the page that pops up. The new RangersTV App should appear in the Updates section. Click on Update All. Version 2.0.1.15.

Downloaded the latest IOS for iPhone last night, still doesn't work mate.

Downloaded the latest IOS for iPhone last night, still doesn't work mate.
You've done all this before but try it with the new update as well. Clearly something is corrupted within your App, since web tells you everything is OK.

Login, Logout, Login again. See if it works.

Logout, reboot, login again. See if it works.

If it doesn't work then email them: rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

Bear in mind that as solely a VST viewer there's very little on there that you are entitled to view anyways. Basically a few videos in the Content for Season Ticket Holders section and that's it, other than the Live test stream. You should be able to get to RTV Account though.

Back