Rugby Park name change

Probably a tax dodge and a way to swerve some financial law. If i was wanting something done i wouldn't want nothing to do with a company who sponsors a tin pot club who can't get their health and safety right.

What an embarrassment :D the fans will always still call it rugby park, but who comes up with this nonsense and thinks that's a good name?!

Killie must be planning a swoop for a player... circa £15,000 including wages. FFP being played a blinder.

I suppose from the sponsor's point of view, most of us have no idea who Billy Bowie is. We'll probably find out whether we want to or not over the coming season.
Still a shit name though

I wouldn’t laugh too loud, the way our board are selling off real estate on our strips, it wouldn’t surprise me to see the stadium name go next. I get why they are doing it but it doesn’t mean I’m happy with it.

Rugby park is one of the most well known names around for a stadium. Only An absolute tosser changes the name of it

Money it will be to be able to po
Ut money into the club

Well in!

This is the correct answer. Awful lot of people seem to be getting wound up about it...pretty obvious they're probably doing it to put money in to the club.

This place will be interesting if we ever get offered a shit load off of a weird brand for stadium sponsorship

Well in!

This is the correct answer. Awful lot of people seem to be getting wound up about it...pretty obvious they're probably doing it to put money in to the club.

This place will be interesting if we ever get offered a shit load off of a weird brand for stadium sponsorship
It's not a weird brand though. It's literally the owner of the club.

Couldn’t really care less about Kilie but always find it a bit sad when the historical names of stadiums go.

I’d be disappointed if we ever went down the sponsorship naming route but I guess money talks.

It is a strange renaming though!!

one step away from using the pitch as a parking lot for his tankers on weekdays. Would probably improve the playing surface to be fair

The please have your 2 stands behind the goals back stadium.

Was arguing with a Killie fan earlier on Twitter who was saying the problem with Scottish football is all Rangers and Celtic fault. They have lost literally thousands off the gate on average. Those people haven't all just died. The club need to stop wallowing in self pity and try to improve themselves.

May I detract. The shit show that is Covid and our governance means they need the income. It's not great but can you blame them. They need the money.

It honestly doesn't matter when clubs do this - the 'traditional' name is still what every average fan will refer to the stadium as.

It'll always be Rugby Park, Livi will always play at Almondvale (though I do like 'the Spaghettihad' moniker), Ross County will always be Victoria Park etc...

That's not really the point though.
Yes it is. He’s dismissing the idea because Kilmarnock’s stadium is now called something utterly ridiculous, which wouldn’t be the case for Ibrox.

I’m against it by the way.

Yes it is. He’s dismissing the idea because Kilmarnock’s stadium is now called something utterly ridiculous, which wouldn’t be the case for Ibrox.

I’m against it by the way.

We wouldn't have the choice if a company sponsored a stand and put their name to it. Ridiculous or not.

Anyway, let's hope it doesn't happen.

Back