**Rumour - Hamburg Friendly

Broxi1985

Official Ticketer
Any truth in the rumour that we will play Hamburg in a friendly as part of the David Bates deal? Not sure if been discussed already

David Bates deal ? He’s a free agent at end of season and we aren’t due any compo for him so dont know what it would have to do with him going there. I have seen something about a Hamburg game in a previous thread on the travel club.
They have to pay compensation, Raith Rovers have already made it known they expect a share. Not going to post the link for the newspaper

They signed him on a pre contract, it certainly won't be part of any 'deal'.
They have to pay compensation, Raith Rovers have already made it known they expect a share. Not going to post link to the newspaper

David Bates deal ? He’s a free agent at end of season and we aren’t due any compo for him so dont know what it would have to do with him going there. I have seen something about a Hamburg game in a previous thread on the travel club.

We will get two years development fee due to his age I'd have thought.

Never heard of a team getting a "deal" out of a player being signed on a free contract.

Isn't the development fee only if they started out with us?

Hamburg friendly would be good though so hope it's true regardless.

Never heard of a team getting a "deal" out of a player being signed on a free contract.

Isn't the development fee only if they started out with us?

Hamburg friendly would be good though so hope it's true regardless.

No idea of the ins and outs but i think it goes by age and how long we have had him. Raith Rovers have already been vocal in the papers statin g they expect a share of the fee. Maybe not part of the `deal` but a gentleman's agreement. Who knows but it would be good

I think we should aim higher than a 2.Bundesliga side for friendlies :p
Me too (whether you are joking or not).
I really don’t get the big love in with Hamburg, would rather see a really big club play against us, that way we might at least sell it out.

We haven’t sold Bates, he’s signed for them a pre-contract to leave on a free. There would have been no club to club negotiation of anything.

A friendly against them over there would be terrific though if it ever happened

What's the deal with Hamburg and a some Rangers fans? I know a few of their fans go to Ibrox
Possibly down to the north of Germany behind staunchly Protestant and the large number of soldiers, some of whom will bears, having been stationed in Germany, perhaps some may have visited/taken in games and educated the locals? Also it being the rivals of the bheasts’s partners St Pauli will help.

All under 23s require compo if they are offered a contract from the outgoing club.

It won’t be much compo as it was only 1.5 years of development. (First 6 months was on a loan).

It’s compensation for money spent on training the player up until they turn 21.

We are a category 2 training centre which is about 60,000 Euro per year.

They go to the middle East pre season then usually play a mid table English or Spanish team at home a week before the season starts.

Given we will be in Europe or the betfred cup I would say it rules it out. Unless their plans change with being in Bundesliga 2

‘Rumours’ I have heard regarding close season friendly games:

1) We will be part of a pre-season tournament in England
2) We will spend 2 weeks in USA with 3 friendly games and visits to local soccer schools

If we were to play Hamburg, and what I have heard above is correct, I would assume it to be a time Ibrox. I would love to follow Rangers back to Germany and have fond memories of the Bochum game a few years back - and the local beer was second to none, but not part of our plans, as far as I am aware.

We are due a fee, 6 figure cross border development fee.

Back