Russell Martin signed - Official

I was enjoying this wee flurry of transfer activity after a good performance the other day. But f*ck it, I'm away to slit my wrists now. Thanks for making me see sense Souness.

Im happy with murphy just no these two is that ok with you?

If its such an issue for you then why comment just to get a rise from folk. Seems awful purile to me bud

Its a football forum people have differing opinions I didn't tell someone to %^*& off.

How was the atmosphere in the summer transfer window? How many worked out? How long did it take for the doom and gloom to take over?

Oh well, no matter what, it's "shite".

Handy when skimming a thread to know what you've posted without looking.

Your face would have been tripping you when we signed David Weir in 2007

As was almost 100% of this board.

If you’ve been on here for that length of time you’ll know that the place is populated with hypocrites and lying two face cuunts.

Fuucking clowns should keep their fingers in their mouths and away from the keyboard.

Last edited:
Im happy with murphy just no these two is that ok with you?

Its a football forum people have differing opinions I didn't tell someone to %^*& off.

Fair enough. Having a wee bit of optimism for the the first time in a while for a majority of the Rangers support and thats two threads that you have infested with your negativity.

David Edgar was saying earlier the word is that Alves could be on his way out to the Middle East.

I certainly won’t be shedding any tears if he does leave tbh. Getting him and Pena off the books will free up a lot of wages.

Struggling to understand who would sign a player with crutches and a cast on.

Really can’t see us moving him on in this window.

A younger Clint Hill scenario imo. No real pace, bit of a journeyman, not a signing to get excited about. Then, over time, we will see 100% effort, head in where it hurts, timely tackles, defensive organisation and leadership that we sorely missed once he was gone. That's what I'm hoping for anyway. :)

Fair enough. Having a wee bit of optimism for the the first time in a while for a majority of the Rangers support and thats two threads that you have infested with your negativity.

Ok, I asked earlier in the thread how did the summer transfer window go. People get ahead of themselves I get that.

First player in this window I really don’t rate let’s put it this way Berra is ahead of him in the Scotland team happy with the rest though

Alves should have absolutely strolled Scottish football. An even bigger disappointment than Barton.

Anyone who knows a bit about football would have known that he was never going to “stroll” it.

I don’t think Martin’s a great player by the way, so I’m cautious over this deal.

Good experience CH on loan for 6 months is decent business.

Only negative for me is how much game time has he had this season.

There were rumours we might have been interested in that young centre half, Hendry from Dundee at the start of the window.
I take it with this signing that is no longer the case o r was he never on our radar?

According to sky Russell and Jason Cummings are in glesga tonight with both having medicals tomorrow on loan deals.

I’m perfectly fine, it’s not me acting like a fud.
“Shite player” isn’t really adding anything. Just acting like a poet.

Its a difference of opinions pal nothing more. Dont get your knickers in a twist over the poets.

You sound like a caveman. He think shit, must be poet.

Its a difference of opinions pal nothing more. Dont get your knickers in a twist over the poets.

You sound like a caveman. He think shit, must be poet.
The reason people are implying you’re a poet is because you’re coming across like one. Seems like you’re just on for an argument as if you’re angry about something. Away and cry yourself to sleep.

Struggling to understand who would sign a player with crutches and a cast on.

Really can’t see us moving him on in this window.

If you look at his most recent Instagram post, he doesn't have a cast on any longer and appears to be well on his way to recovery.

I think Russell Martin is a good signing tbh. Should handle this league fine. I don't like the idea of bates/wilson/cardoso as our only options as Alves is crocked.

He may not be Richard Gough but he's played at a high level his whole career and we all like Wilson these days yet Martin in national squads ahead of him constantly.

Martin is a very good covering CH, I think his RB days are behind him as he's not quick anymore but he's excellent beside a head it kick it type.

Re. Berra being ahead of him for Scotland - I think that's only because Martin hasn't been playing for Norwich. He'll improve us, and I reckon he and Wilson will be a solid central defensive pairing for the rest of the season.

In the summer we signed 4 Portuguese, 2 Mexicans and 1 Colombian.

Some worked, but for the most part bringing so many players from left field to a league alien to them was never going to work.

The difference in this window is we are signing players who will have a bit of nous about the club and the league.
That's what we've been needing all along,a good crop of good professional Scots/Brits players, I still think we need another forward to cover injuries, we have Alfredo and Cummings,after that we struggle. We'll see a difference in the team full of players who will know what the club means to us and having a better quality of player might up Andy's game.

I’m much happier with Murtys signings than Pedros. So annoyed that we wasted so much money under him. Only decent buys were Morelos and possibly Candeias

Every signing is a gamble regardless of cost, all you can do is trust the manager as he knows him well

A solid if not spectacular signing. Experience could be useful if Alves and Cardoso goes. With the signing of Goss and possibly Docherty,Mcrorie will go back to CH

I feel he'll be a lot more solid than Alves has been for us.

Anyone who knows a bit about football would have known that he was never going to “stroll” it.

I don’t think Martin’s a great player by the way, so I’m cautious over this deal.

PandaGer’s hyperbole is embarrassing beyond belief.

I wonder if Alves has given up on the World Cup or been given a guarantee that's he's going to be in the squad even if he's moves to Qatar

Martin may not be the most eye catching or exciting signing but I think he'll do well for us. You could draw parallels with Berra and how well he's done since coming back to Hearts. Over the past 8/9 years Martin has been a regular for Norwich, 4 of those seasons being in the Premier League. Despite a lack of pace he'll be solid for us. My hope is that his arrival will allow us to see a settled centre back partnership between now and the end of the season.

Jack has been steady enough, but apart from Motherwell game Dorrans hasn't kicked a ball.
In my opinion of course!
Dorrans hasn’t been as good as I hoped he was going to be but I don’t think we have used him in his best position so far, he has always been an attacking player, either out wide or through the middle, but we played him much deeper. I still have hopes that after he gets fit we can play him further forward and get the best out of him.

I think Martin will be a good squad player, if we are going to lose either Alves or Cardoso then we need another defender to cover them.

Back