Russia v Scotland Match Thread (**Please Stay on Topic**)

Fraser, McGinn and McGregor are the only 3 "international quality" players in that side I'd say.

Who the f.uck is Liam Palmer?

Honest question by the way!

Made his debut in the Kazakhstan game, which is the only time I've seen him play & it wasn't exactly a great showing. Though Wednesday fans seem to like him.

Regardless, Russia will take a few off that team.

I would have thought the game would have started about 6pm considering Moscow is 2hrs ahead, means the game starts at 9.45pm local time

Devlin and Mulgrew though, Russia are going to have a field day with that pairing

Fraser, McGinn and McGregor are the only 3 "international quality" players in that side I'd say.

Calum McGregor is as over rated as they come.

When was the last time he delivered consistently in a bheggars or Scotland shirt? He's never done it in a Scotland shirt and the last time he dominated in a bheggars shirt were the seasons we were under Warburton, Murty, Caixinha).

FF tipped him for a big English Premiership move in his summer. There was never any chance of that's as he's not good enough and wouldn't get a look in.

Now his own support are beginning to turn on him as he's not delivering and hasn't done so for some time.

As for the likes of Andy Devlin in the starting 11. That's just how much of a mess Clarke and Scotland are.

Charlie Mulgrew seems to have a permanent place whether or not he is any good(he is rank rotten by the way). I read the report of the last games and it was " trademark free-kick" and "wand of a left foot" and neither of these statements comes close to the reality that Mulgrew is pish.

Devlin at Ibrox a few weeks ago couldn't handle the ability, movement or quality of Morelos, Stewart or Ojo.

Now he's starting in Russia against Golovin, Dzyuba - who will absolutely destroy him.

Where is Alan Dzagoev these days. A name tipped for the very top but never hit the heights?

Calum McGregor is as over rated as they come.

When was the last time he delivered consistently in a bheggars or Scotland shirt? He's never done it in a Scotland shirt and the last time he dominated in a bheggars shirt were the seasons we were under Warburton, Murty, Caixinha).

FF tipped him for a big English Premiership move in his summer. There was never any chance of that's as he's not good enough and wouldn't get a look in.

Now his own support are beginning to turn on him as he's not delivering and hasn't done so for some time.

As for the likes of Andy Devlin in the starting 11. That's just how much of a mess Clarke and Scotland are.

Bang on - Andy Devlin wouldnae get a game in my fives team.

Last edited:
Watched the 6pm Scottish news programme on STV and it was embarrassingly cringeworthy the trannies being interviewed in a night club. All decked out in full trannie regalia, all absolutely hammered and all east coasters out for thier big day.
Where the fvck did they dig them up?
"We don't expect to qualify from the group We are trying to build a team for the future"
Aye,for the last 30 years.

Devlin at Ibrox a few weeks ago couldn't handle the ability, movement or quality of Morelos, Stewart or Ojo.

Now he's starting in Russia against Golovin, Dzyuba - who will absolutely destroy him.

Where is Alan Dzagoev these days. A name tipped for the very top but never hit the heights?

Still playing at CSKA. Was injured most of last season.

Where the fvck did they dig them up?
"We don't expect to qualify from the group We are trying to build a team for the future"
Aye,for the last 30 years.

A few more years and we will have a scotland team full of players that weren’t even born the last time we qualified for a tournament.

That caption under Fletcher there said "Capped 34 times for Scotland". Surely a lot more than that?

Back