Russian football expert coming up on talksport

Heisenberg

As per title, the presenter said that they would get a scouting report on rangers euro opponents.

I need to go back to work, can anyone tune in?

Don't need a scouting report. Watched some of their game against Progres. They look shite and progres should have beat them.

They did look very poor. Decent keeper, though, he kept them from from beaten well beaten in the second half. Not even close to being at the level of Osijek or Maribor.

He thinks they are a good team, hard to beat.

Pacy Nigerian forward and a good keeper.

Says we are in for a tough time.

He calls himself Andrei

Some lad who works for zenit and didn't seem to know much at all about UFA. By all accounts they were nothing special over two legs against progress so the "expert" may be over egging it a bit.

Some lad who works for zenit and didn't seem to know much at all about UFA. By all accounts they were nothing special over two legs against progress so the "expert" may be over egging it a bit.
There is an english that works for their social media team. he was on talksport during the world cup. Probably him. Could hardly be called a football expert

Like most middling Russian domestic teams, Ufa are pish.

Russian domestic football isn’t much to write home about, haven’t been impressed with any team with the exception of Lokomotiv who were surprise champions last year but got scudded sorely by Atletico in Europa League.

Regardless of what some on here think I am sure we won't be complacent and give them the respect they deserve. I don't accept they are keek if they got this far so they must have something about them. As long as we play like we did against Maribor though very hopeful that we can make the groups.

We've got a pacey Nigerian forward and a good goalkeeper too.

Do they have a cool Billy, a Brighton rock and an Alfredo morelos?

Not from what I watched yesterday, they looked pretty basic.

English expert, He didn’t know where Ufa was in Russia and little about the stadium or city other than the people would be interested in the fans because they love uk football.

It all sounded like guess work to me but that’s talksport.

Ironically enough they put out another Slovenian team NK Domžale in a previous round of this years Europa Cup.
That Slovenian team beat West Ham in their home game couple of years ago, although they went out 4-2 on aggregate.
Last season that same Slovenian team put out the German side Freiburg before going out to Marseille whom they held to a draw at home.
So Ufa are possibly worthy of some respect.

Since Progress, I have sadly come to be cautious about European opponents.

Ironically enough they put out another Slovenian team NK Domžale in a previous round of this years Europa Cup.
That Slovenian team beat West Ham in their home game couple of years ago, although they went out 4-2 on aggregate.
Last season that same Slovenian team put out the German side Freiburg before going out to Marseille whom they held to a draw at home.
So Ufa are possibly worthy of some respect.

Since Progress, I have sadly come to be cautious about European opponents.
As SG has said, we respect all of our opponents. This is how it should be. The great Rangers teams of the past respected our opponents. We then went out and beat them. It is still early days but hopefully this team continues to improve. The early signs are good but we need to keep it going.

There are no mugs in Europe.

We need to be on it and us, the support, need to play our part again like we did vs Maribor last week.

A rocking Ibrox and a Rangers at full pelt and the russki's will buckle.

They did look very poor. Decent keeper, though, he kept them from from beaten well beaten in the second half. Not even close to being at the level of Osijek or Maribor.
Fingers crossed. Weren’t they 6th in the Russian league?

Expert and Talk Sport, not 2 words I'd commonly associate

This is totally off topic but connected to your post very slightly. I was listening to Brazil & McCoist yesterday morning. They had Mark Bosnich on to talk about the Pogba situation with Jose (Man Utd connection being the very itenuous link).

Anyway they asked him where he was and he said I'm in Sydney for the Darts. What do you play? No, I'm commentating. But you don't know anything about Darts. No, I don't need to, there is a guy wth me that knows everything and he tells me what to say. The public think I'm great.....Probably the strangest exchange of conversation I've heard in a wee while.

An ex-goal keeper commentating on Darts....maybe he knows more about Ufa than this expert.

Back