Ryan Gauld

The only reason I bumped this today was to say his exclusion from the Scotland squad was ridiculous, nothing to do with him signing us :))

That doesn't hold up for me because he doesn't have a few years on his contract after this season he's available for %^*& all in 2 months time, yet this £10m+ player hasn't been signed up on a free transfer.
What if he wants to finish the season and go over his options, none of us have any idea on what his situation is, but anyone who has seen him this season would tell you that the form he is in would fetch a decent price tag going by Liga NOS standards.

Haven't heard his name mentioned for a long time, which would suggest his career hasn't progressed as many thought it would.
Certainly hasn’t to the point of being regarded as the Scottish Messi or anything like that but he’s found form in Portugal the last 2 seasons.
Seems to be fulfilling some of his potential and could easily go on to bigger things in the next couple of years.

Attracting quite a bit of attention with interest from the big Portuguese sides.

I’ve watched a couple of his games this season, and while he’s doing well he’s really not good enough for Rangers imo. Also don’t think he’d suit our style. Most of his “numbers” come from set pieces and penalties.

If you only watch top teams play you must have been raging when we signed the likes of Aribo, Hagi and even Morelos since they didn’t come from big teams.

Your post if full of arrogance. We are on a similar level to teams like sporting and Braga but you’d expect us to sign higher level than them? They regularly sell players to the big European clubs for profit.
Firstly I didn't say I only watch big teams I said I prefer to watch big teams like the majority of people prefer to watch the top teams.
Secondly why would I have been raging at us signing anyone? You are just making things up.
Thirdly if you think we are same level of Braga and Sporting maybe you should start watching your own team a bit more and stop pretending to be watching Farense.

Your post is full of lack of belief our club is at a very high standard with players also capable of commanding high fees.

In any case I am not getting into a debate over this it's not twitter so lets leave it there.

Sorry, unless you've been watching his progress in the last year, and are aware of how he's been performing then you're not in a position to say whether we have better players in the same position or not. May be true he stagnated after initial promise, but he wouldn't be the first that get's to that mid 20's age and it starts to happen for him. Everyone's different and reports are that this is what's happening for him.

It's pretty simple for me, if our management team have identified a player that they believe will improve us, and can be improved as a player with us, then they've earned the right to go and get that player without us being too critical.

We all have opinions on players, and we're all great at battering away at our keyboards with those opinions, but we're likely to be looking at entirely different criteria than what our scouting department are. We get criticised often enough for those we let slip through our fingers, so if Stevie G and the rest think this would be good for us, then I'm all for it.
Agree with you if the team think it's a good signing then brilliant he must be a higher caliber player than I'm giving him credit for.

But we will have to wait and see then.

I've been where you are mate on every point you make! You're onto a hiding to nothing I'm afraid with the FF scouts who get giddy at free transfers and homegrown quotas more than Gerrard does.

The only thing I've been swayed on is that the last we seen him as a dwarf hiding and not kicking a ball for Hibs at Ibrox is that it seems he was playing under Lennon and it's in those 2 years he's actually kicked on from.
If he's as good as is made out he'd perhaps have been signed up already? like we've done with Ofoborh. I hope he stays abroad and has an excellent career because he deserves rewarded for sticking at it and a redemption at Lisbon would be fitting, but I'm still in the no camp.

So my question is should we fear the damage he'd cause if Gauld signs for Celtic? Or is it a player (like Hagi) that Ross Wilson would have targeted at Southampton?
Who the hell is watching Farense really? no one that's who.

Just caught glimpses or saw him in a match against Benfica or something and now they are experts on Ryan Gaulds ability.

I would not be fearing Gauld going to Celtic I would fear a quality player like Stanciu going there but hey I obviously have higher expectations. Pardon my arrogance Calgary.

Who the hell is watching Farense really? no one that's who.

Just caught glimpses or saw him in a match against Benfica or something and now they are experts on Ryan Gaulds ability.

I would not be fearing Gauld going to Celtic I would fear a quality player like Stanciu going there but hey I obviously have higher expectations. Pardon my arrogance Calgary.
Take it you watch a lot of Slavia games or are you basing your opinion on 60 minutes of play last week ?

Take it you watch a lot of Slavia games or are you basing your opinion on 60 minutes of play last week ?
I've only been going to Czech twice a year for 15 years with my Czech wife and son who's second team is Viktoria Plzen, and been to watch them play Slavia in Doosan Arena.

You been to many Farense games mate?

Never once said I’ve even watched Gauld play.
Imagine trying to be a smart arse asking if I have ever seen Stanciu play apart from the 60 minutes last week when you don't even know me HAHA

Seen him in the flesh when Slavia beat Plzen 2019 1-0

Watched him play Euro 2016 he played alright against France.

Seen him a few times for Slavia and Sparta against Plzen.

What are the chances of two people with the exact same profile pic getting into an argument with each other?

liar-liar11814gif-8ddf78.gif

I'm glad that you pointed out it was two different people because I didn't notice and have been sitting reading this and wondering what the feck is going on.

If there was such a thing as a FF museum, this thread should be placed in it. A discussion about Ryan Gauld taking place over two years - that ends up with the classic line: 'Ryan Gauld pumped your Czech wife.' Magnificent. It is what FF is all about.

Back