Ryan Jack calf injury

He's the lynchpin of our midfield. We are a different team without him.
Here's hoping it's only a niggle.

Polster today I think grabbed a lifeline for his Rangers career. If Jack is out, wouldn't be surprised to see him getting more minutes in the middle.

Seems a poor decision to send Andy King back to Leicester. I know that he wasn't used much but maybe he should have been kept as back up for potenial midfield injuries. And just as important to keep the pressure on our regular midfield players. Davis, Jack and especially Kamara were poor today. King is an experienced EPL player. Might have been handy in the 2nd half of the season.

Hasn't looke the same player as he did before the new year wonder if he has been carrying an injury for a few weeks ?

He is a big player but we could get by without him over then next few home games i think. Hopefully we dont need to

Ryan Jack's certainly been feeling the injury since Wednesday. We were in very early saw him having a word with Culshaw about it after a wee drill. You can also see him limping in the RTV pics at the end.

I thought he was having a decent game breaking things up. I honestly thought he was taken off to avoid being sent off.

if this is the case we should see Greg Docherty ( i'm guessing he's still with us ) making the bench at least .......... as according to our manager the midfields form was the reason why he never made the matchday squads

It won't be Doc taking his place....he's way down the pecking order.

Who then ( and im talking about as immediate CM Bench cover)

Assume Jack in out, Arfield replaces him.
Whos on the bench for CM ? King gone, Barjonas loan....Struggling a bit..

I wonder if he has been carrying this for a few weeks ? he hasn't been his brilliant self since the cup final

If he was out for any longer than a couple of weeks it may be an idea to cancel McCrorie going back to Portsmouth if that is something we could do.He's a player that's close to Jack's skills in terms of breaking play up and physicality that we've got.
Jack has added more to his game now that Ross doesn't have at the moment.
No brainer in my opinion.

Morelos, Tav and Jack out at the same time is about the worst case scenario we could face.

Massive games coming up and we simply can't drop any more points.

Reactions: dmg
Will be a big miss if he is out, think we need to buy another centre mid as the likes of Halliday aren’t good enough to step up

We missed him a lot yesterday. He breaks up play and does a serious amount of work off the ball. Arfield is simply not the same type of player. Kamara needs to step up and yesterday he shrank when the pressure was on. Yesterday is one game though and we must remember that.

Ross County absolutely massive now. Need to get at least three gaol win to get confidence back.

We also had folk saying yesterday negated the win at parkhead. Reality is if we had lost at Parkhead we would be 11 points behind not 5. The nature of the defeat yesterday was worrying but fixable and in all probability we will play a lot better and from what I’ve seen of the scum they’ve been riding their luck to some degree. There isn’t a Hearts player good enough to wear the Rangers shirt. Yesterday was 100% attitude and shape during the 90 minutes. That’s fixable because the same players have done much better previously.

Last edited:
Well, that's a blow.

Our lack of options to cover for these injuries & suspensions is worrying

Before anyone says he's not played well recently anyway, this is another big blow.

Our squad needs our big players fit and playing well.

One thing after another just now.

It feels like it's all slipping away.
we need a big result wednesday, reboost our confidence

If we hadn't observed how poorly we have played in 2020 I would have said that Arfield would be a more than able deputy for the next three league games but the rest of the midfield have been brutal, especially yesterday. Hopefully it is nothing too serious.

Back