Ryan Jack pulls out of Scotland squad injured

JayDee

Ryan has been sent back to Rangers by national team medical staff due to a knee problem. I don't know any more.

Hopefully not a recurrence and can get back and rest up. Guy has had absolutely no luck with injuries/ suspensions to get a long enough run to show us exactly how good he's going to be for us!

May be sighting injury, but I don't think he wants to risk it. Made to play Right Back, booed by Scotland Supporters, wit would be the point. Probably just would rather the time off.

Looking forward to the mental gymnastics on here if Scotland force him to miss the next Rangers game like Northern Ireland did with Laff.

Hopefully he's just pulling out to avoid travelling to Albania to sit on the bench rather than actually is injured.
It was the Scotland fitness guys that sent him home. So doubt it very much.

EDIT: Scotland due to play Israel on Tuesday and we play on Saturday. Wonder if they will impose the 5 day rule the way Northern Ireland done it for big Lafferty.

EDIT: Scotland due to play Israel on Tuesday and we play on Saturday. Wonder if they will impose the 5 day rule the way Northern Ireland done it for big Lafferty.

If he turned up and was sent home I can't see them doing it as he followed protocol. Lafferty didn't hence their FA's reaction.

It can't be invoked if they sent him home. That only works if the player pulls out

Ryan has been sent back to Rangers by national team medical staff due to a knee problem. I don't know any more.

I’ve been saying for weeks that Ryan is carrying an injury.
If you watch him on the park he hasn’t been walking right. To me that’s why he has been left out of a number of games too.
I’m glad he’s out of their squad.

Hopefully he's just pulling out to avoid travelling to Albania to sit on the bench rather than actually is injured.

Don’t think he can do that. He’ll have been assessed by Scotland’s medical team. If players just pull out of squads they can invoke that 5 day rule thing like what happened to Kyle L

If I was a footballer I literally couldn't think of anything worse than a break coming up after a gruelling schedule, then being called up to play in front of a bunch of throbbers in kilts booing me.

I laughed at this, it's completely true.

If I'd been a good enough footballer I think I'd have set the record for the youngest "retirement" from international football. Just can't stand them at all.

Been confirmed Jack was assessed by the SFA's medical Team and dismissed, so they can't take grievance under FIFA Reg 5 Annexe 1. I assume Jack has turned up and said he is not right had a quick examination and been dismissed.

Been confirmed Jack was assessed by the SFA's medical Team and dismissed, so they can't take grievance under FIFA Reg 5 Annexe 1. I assume Jack has turned up and said he is not right had a quick examination and been dismissed.

I guess he can just say he doesn't feel right and they can't prove it?

Hopefully that is what this is.

Not if they sent him home.

Back