Ryan Jack

Tonight’s game suited him to a tee, was great tonight. People like to overlook him for some reason and talk up our other midfielders. Jack has a massive role to play this season and games like tonight show why.

There’s a fire in the hearts of a lot of these players we’ve been guilty of writing off that we haven’t seen in a long long time. You love to see it again.

Superb tonight. Felt like he was the first to adjust to the waterlogged park
I'm not being overly critical, but the best way to play on a waterlogged park is to play lofted or high balls. Gerard clearly has us playing with the ball along the ground in triangles as much as possible.

It became clear after the first 5 minutes of the rain tonight that a little bit of water helps ground passing but a lot of water hinders it, it did take us a while to understand that.

Also players like Kent trying to dribble at pace under these conditions was a little concerning to watch. These conditions showed best the players who have strength,close control and speed of thought as evidenced by how effective Joe Aribo and Kemar Roofe were in the last 30 minutes.

With the exceptions of Tav, Borna and Goldson I don't think anyone is guaranteed a start.

That's the kind of performance that comes with genuine competition for places.

I've been a major critic of him domestically but he was outstanding tonight.

He is so much more suited to the European arena for us than he is domestically.

He was good tonight. Not only that - he was ready to sort a few out from that Liege team. Big respect.

He finds danger and seems to appear to snuff it out. Great player.

We have a midfield 4/5 that are all good players and compliment each other. Jack, Kamara, Davis, Arfield & Aribo. With Zungu to come into that as well. The way our team plays they will help him settle.

Man of the match,knows he needs to fight or earn/keep his place in the team which is nothing but a good thing for us,our team is brimming with confidence right now,you can see it in every player
The benefit of having such strength in depth, levels go up right through the squad. Difficult not to get carried away at the minute but we are in great shape

I’ve argued with many a mentally challenged that he’s Scotland’s best midfielder.
when he’s on his game and he’s bang up for it, confident and playing well, he’s absolutely the best midfielder in Scotland.

Excellent player who goes about his business in a very efficient manner, just the way a midfielder should. Arfield is excellent, he is a workhorse, and kamara is an outstanding talent who will be one of the best in Europe at some stage, but for me Ryan Jack is the top of the pile.

A lot of folk won’t agree, but he’s top drawer.

Him and Tav were phenomenal last night.

The thread just shows how reactive we are on here though, two weeks ago we had people telling us that we didn’t need Jack because we were doing so well with Davis.

The bottom line is that it’s a squad game. Just because one player has a good spell of form, it doesn’t mean that anyone should be criticising others in that position as seems to happen so often on here.

Ryan Jack is fast becoming my fave player atm.

When we signed him i thought %^*& sake, ex sheep and i didnt think he was that great either. Fast forward to now and im very happy i was wrong.

This is why i was shocked he didnt start on Saturday. Hes became such a reliable player.

Him and Tav were phenomenal last night.

The thread just shows how reactive we are on here though, two weeks ago we had people telling us that we didn’t need Jack because we were doing so well with Davis.

The bottom line is that it’s a squad game. Just because one player has a good spell of form, it doesn’t mean that anyone should be criticising others in that position as seems to happen so often on here.

This.

It was Ryan or Tav. Both were absolutely superb last night.

I’ll never get my head round the constant slagging off that Jack gets on here.

He’s been a superb buy. Hardly put a foot wrong since signing.

Some might not like the role in which Gerrard deploys him, but he just does what he’s asked beautifully.

100%.

Splits opinions, I am not keen on both him and Kamara playing against the dross but away from home in Europe you can at least see the logic.

He had a very good game last night, no argument to be had there.

He hasn’t had a great start to the season, and picking up injuries every 4 or 5 matches.

But last night showed just how good he can be & what he brings to the side.

Solid as ever, big player for us in Europe. In the league I prefer Arfield, Davis, Kamara though

A tremendous player for us who performs his role fantastically well. I think he sometimes gets a few unfair comments and comparisons to other players. Shouldn't be the case as he offers something that no other midfielder at the club does. All our midfielders do offer their own attributes and traits and really gives us excellent choices depending on who and how we are playing.

Taken a bit of unfair comments recently, magnificent tonight
not sure the comments were completely unfair as he had dropped in form a bit and that happens to players from time to time. delighted he has come back into the squad with such a solid performance. shows good character and the ability to take on a bit of criticism when its due and pull his socks up.

Back