Ryan Jack's League record this season

Great stat OP. I didn’t realise we conceded 0 goals, that’s mental. Talk about unseen heroes. He goes about his shift with no fanfare or elaborate flicks and tricks, but he holds the ball like a dangerous prisoner, no escaping him.
I have said it before and will repeat it again in the future, but it is his discipline since joining us that has really impressed me. He couldn’t tackle without a yellow being shown, from the minute he got here. Something he hadn’t experienced before, at the sheep he could slide in all day, here YELLOW!
Instead of shitting it, or thinking he couldn’t carry on at Rangers, he has found a way to control his natural instinct to tackle, and instead runs harder and uses his game smarts to get the ball back. It’s one thing to improve your passing or shooting but to curb your natural instinct, the thing that has got you this far in football, that’s a different level of intelligence.

He is the best in the squad for covering the full backs when they go forward. We always look more vulnerable to the counter when he’s out.

You could see him playing right back when tav went forward numerous times. That’s exactly why we don’t concede. He knows his job.
I noticed this a lot from the start of the second half when we started to really hit our stride.

Hes a terrific team player.

Jack is one of the first names on the team sheet for a reason. Hes a bloody good player and we look much more solid with him in the team.

Those stats genuinely don’t surprise me. I love Ryan Jack.

Stats can be misleading but I do feel that Jack organises and helps plug gaps very well. It can be doubling up with Tav against wide players or just being in right position to slow opposition attacks and not allow the pass that will break our shape.
You could see last night when hibs attack down our right hand side that Jack was instructing tav where to go and what to do. He offers so much more protection for tav than anyone else

I think it's probably covered in the tactical analysis podcast on Heart & Hand and I'm just regurgitating their opinion but it seems obvious to me that we're a better team when Jack and Kamara are tucking in to protect Barisic and Tavernier going forward. It's such a great thing to look at our team as a whole and how well they do at times but you've also got individual players capable of brilliance in Roofe, Itten, Kent, Morelos, Hagi and Aribo.

I thought he was outstanding last night. It’s clear why our manager thinks so highly of him.
Totally agree. I made a point of watching his movement off the ball and he never stops looking for space. Always available for a pass and rarely wastes the ball. Think he has learned a lot from Davis in that regard. No wonder SG wants to manage him carefully. Integral to us playing well. Definitely missed him.

Back