Ryan Kent

You say that like it's something to be proud of. His goal return is shocking let's be honest.

I would say being one of the top scorers in a season when your side goes undefeated is something to be pretty proud of yeah.

His goal return in that season was the same as that of Jota last season, a player with a goal return most seemingly wank themselves into such a state over re that which Kent should match

Some on here seem to have a really strange context of what an excellent goal return over the course of a league season actually looks like

A guy in my work has a mate that supposedly works at Auchenhowie, I know, I know. Anyway his info is that Kent was willing to sign a new contract but not if GVB was manager.

Please note I'm only passing on what I heard and not saying this is gospel.
I was telling my mate, that a guy on Follow Follow works with a guy, who has a mate who 'supposedly' works at Auchenhowie...... :)

If our scouting and DOF were better, we should be able to bring in two players who would contribute just as much as Kent for the £30,000-£35,000 a week he’s likely to command.

I foresee a resurgent return to for for Kent, followed by a new contract being signed.

I understand people would rather see money invested elsewhere, however if it's even to protect a decent asset then a new contract is worthwhile.

It shows how low the bar has been set when we’re debating if this imposter is worthy of another chance. Anyone that thinks he’s all of a sudden going to give us double figures has obviously been in a coma.
Standby for more of the shoulder shimmy and double stepover.
Part of the malaise and reason why we win nothing with regular monotony.
Get rid.

I would say being one of the top scorers in a season when your side goes undefeated is something to be pretty proud of yeah.

His goal return in that season was the same as that of Jota last season, a player with a goal return most seemingly wank themselves into such a state over re that which Kent should match

Some on here seem to have a really strange context of what an excellent goal return over the course of a league season actually looks like
How many chances Kent creates which don’t lead to goals which our forwards or others fail to convert. It’s been happening for years and everyone just ignored the effort and change creation stat as it doesn’t suit their rhetoric to just blame Kent for not doing enough.

Granted this season he’s not been at his best at all but I’m confident Beale will get him back firing again, that relationship is strong and played a key part in him coming to us on permanent basis.

If kent didn’t have the talent if he was a Scott right we couldn’t moan about his effort or talent

BUT

I know what he’s got in his locker he’s a genuine game changer for us, he only shows it once every ten games

Maybe Beale is just what he needs time will tell signing a new deal because Beale will show me he’s up for a change in himself

It’s been a long time song he’s dragged us through a game and won it single handed so time to step up or move on

I still say he wasn’t happy with how gio was using him as a winger who hugged the side of the park

As an inverted winger running towards goal will make all the difference

This walking thing he’s doing is annoying get that out his game when he gets the ball I want him already on the move get the defenders moving thinking instead of knowing Kent’s gonna receive it standing on the byline run to the end n pass back that’s easy to defend

Kent has more than decent enough stats - for a winger. We use him in a role that requires more goals from the respective player/-s, not 10 to 30 chances created, but no end product.

As a player, he hardly evolved that much in recent seasons, and sure hasn't taken Makaay's words to heart. How many times this season alone has he wasted a good run and build-up work with a step-over too many, trying and failing to get past one more opposition player, or the like? Look at Colak, look at Lawrence. If there is an opening, hit the ball. That said, his shooting from open play is as erratic as Tav's ...

Too little too late for me.
If you’re a site manager and there’s a guy on your site that’s fucking dynamite bricklayer and can lay block like a demon and for nearly a year he’s been rank and you know the jobs up for review you’d get rid.
“Why the %^*& should I keep you on when you’re not doing a good job week in week out for me eh? Aye you were good putting up those big houses last year but those wee semis you worked on are a fucking disaster” would probably be your opening gambit when he asks to get kept on site.
To use your analogy what if during the year on the whole site you were the only bricklayer?
What if you weren’t provided enough cement ?
All I’m saying it’s not all black and white and there can be mitigating consequences.

Every week we expect Kent to get the ball, beat essentially a full team and score.

The basics are he generally gets the ball after we have allowed teams to shuffle back into space. With little to no movement across the rest of the team.

He has plenty of flaws and doesn't show enough desire to score goals for me.

But the constant comparison with the mentally challengeds wingers is mind numbing. They set up to give their wingers space and opportunities.

We set up to ask Kent to beat 8 guys cross it to himself and score. Or to cut inside and shoot up against a solid 6 bodies.

Doesn't always help himself, but we never set up to allow our best players to hurt teams.

The boy runs past guys in the Europa League worth millions for fun.

We need an attack minded coach to unlock him again. If he's even going to be here that long.
I think what we desperately need is to move the ball an awful lot quicker than we have been ,under gio it was to slow and teams had filed back and probably blocked any outlet to Kent,mabey under beale he will get the football he needs.

I foresee a resurgent return to for for Kent, followed by a new contract being signed.

I understand people would rather see money invested elsewhere, however if it's even to protect a decent asset then a new contract is worthwhile.
I think he will have to earn a new contract but even if he does it will be on much lower wages, he can’t demand the same wages.

I don’t think it’s much of a secret but a mate met Nathan Paterson in the airport lounge. He said the players weren’t on board with GVB and the Dutch coaching team. Said they were arrogant.
Know someone whose friend was close to Patterson and his info was similar.
In fact even though Patterson was only with Gio and coaching staff for only a few months he was glad to get out of Ibrox due to the training and methods.
I think it was fairly obvious as these things can be that generally the players were not enjoying life under Gio which is strange given the European success but apparent domestically where we stood still and looked to be getting worse.

If our scouting and DOF were better, we should be able to bring in two players who would contribute just as much as Kent for the £30,000-£35,000 a week he’s likely to command.
Like Wright Matondo Sakala though perhaps being harsh on Matondo who’s barely in the door.
That’s the player pool our DOF is operating!
We’ve certainly seen Kent at a higher playing level than those so surely would want to give the opportunity to see if MB can revitalise Kent.
No guarantee that replacement for Kent would be at a better level as evidenced by above.

Every week we expect Kent to get the ball, beat essentially a full team and score.

The basics are he generally gets the ball after we have allowed teams to shuffle back into space. With little to no movement across the rest of the team.

He has plenty of flaws and doesn't show enough desire to score goals for me.

But the constant comparison with the mentally challengeds wingers is mind numbing. They set up to give their wingers space and opportunities.

We set up to ask Kent to beat 8 guys cross it to himself and score. Or to cut inside and shoot up against a solid 6 bodies.

Doesn't always help himself, but we never set up to allow our best players to hurt teams.

The boy runs past guys in the Europa League worth millions for fun.

We need an attack minded coach to unlock him again. If he's even going to be here that long.
Another part to that, RW, is that there is a bias where his critics see what they want.
He has to get to the by-line but some can’t see the defender there blocking that route.
Unless he can dribble like a Willie Henderson, which few can’t.
Then there is the complaining that he passes inside.
What few realise, or appreciate anyway, is that this takes at least two and maybe three defenders out of the game.
At this point the guy he’s passing to has to play the ball early to a striker already on the move to receive.
That’ll read easy, I guess.

If we could get something for him in the January window, I’d happily let him go. For me, he’s brought nothing to the side this season and it’s time to start getting rid of the dead wood.

Completely agree with your last paragraph.

I've never had any issue with Kent in the vast majority of games in Europe. In a large number he has been one of our key men.

My issue is with his domestic form. He has scored 26 goals in 140 league and domestic cup games. Nowhere near enough for a 7m player imo. I know his assist stats are much more favourable but he simply hasn't scored enough domestically for us. That's my issue with him.
Yeah I agree he needs to score more.

Regarding his assists I’ve noticed a lot of our goals have come from RK assisting the assister…for example Kent takes the ball for a run, takes 2/3 defenders with him, tee’s up a cross or a pass & bang goal.

Ryan Kent’s influence on the team going forward is huge & that’s the point I’m making. 100% he can do more domestically. Maybe Europe is what floats his boat.

What you even talking about.

His main threat is his trickery

He’s told not to do tricks

But his form dip is because someone said something about the circus or something.

Mental strength gies peace.
Or maybe they felt his main asset is pace, and want him to be more direct with that pace?

I think what we desperately need is to move the ball an awful lot quicker than we have been ,under gio it was to slow and teams had filed back and probably blocked any outlet to Kent,mabey under beale he will get the football he needs.

Couldn't agree more.

But we all know his main threat isn’t his pace…
Agreed......he's done his best work when he's had the option to drive inside - or has the threat of an overlap.to mean he's not doubled up on.

He was told to stay and play wide under Gio and it killed him.

If he ends signing a new contract Ill get behind him but Im not happy at the thought of him being rewarded for mediocrity the stats don't lie and I still think we should be aiming for new faces in.

If he ends signing a new contract Ill get behind him but Im not happy at the thought of him being rewarded for mediocrity the stats don't lie and I still think we should be aiming for new faces in.

This, I'll be disappointed if he is re signed Should have been punted in the Summer.

Looking through this thread, it seems that everything and everyone else is to blame for his terrible form, ludicrous.

This, I'll be disappointed if he is re signed Should have been punted in the Summer.

Looking through this thread, it seems that everything and everyone else is to blame for his terrible form, ludicrous.
It’s fair to say the players didn’t enjoy working under Gio,Kent in a positive system is a player we know can produce.

I still say he wasn’t happy with how gio was using him as a winger who hugged the side of the park

As an inverted winger running towards goal will make all the difference

This walking thing he’s doing is annoying get that out his game when he gets the ball I want him already on the move get the defenders moving thinking instead of knowing Kent’s gonna receive it standing on the byline run to the end n pass back that’s easy to defend

Perhaps he should watch Sakala more, hopefully Beale get's him back to what we know he can do.

Get Kent running inside more. Fed up with the hugging the touchline pish, it's too restrictive.

Part of the issue there was everybody being too far away from each other.

Beale touched on it in one of his press conference answers yesterday.

Back