Ryan Porteous

A complete bellend who actually thinks he’s a better footballer than he is. For his part he caused the second second goal. Didn’t cover and stood watching. He is a cheat. Will it be highlighted anywhere but here? No he’s a darling of the press. Guy is a competent defender for hibs. That’s his level.

His play acting trying to get arfield sent off was terrble. That said I think there is a player in there but unfortunately he is too busy trying to wind up other players to concentrate on his own game
Slow, cumbersome, no positional sense, just a very poor defender and all round player.

Trying to time waste after 10 minutes by getting an injured player to lie down on the pitch summed the big diddy up. He'll piss the hibs fans off eventually when they realise he is shite and end up at Stenhousemuir or similar. The clamour for him to be in the Scotland squad is laughable.

His distribution is absolutely terrible for a supposedly talented ball playing defender, several times he gives us possession back or put a teammate under pressure.

Positionaly suspect too often, also absolutely sells himself by over committing. Few times we either passed round him or in the 1st half Alfie just takes a touch and allows Porteous to over commit and is then out the game.

Sure their fans think it is a good laugh when he 'nails' someone or when he is at the noise up, thing is though I want my players to actually play football and improve, not be some sort of hardman/comedian hybrid.

A poor player who won't address the basic errors in his game.

This myth that he's a promising talent that just has moments of red mist needs to go.

He's a dreadful player with no positional sense to go with a tendency of switching off, that's before you even mention his awful distribution that almost gifted us another goal.

His play acting trying to get arfield sent off was terrble. That said I think there is a player in there but unfortunately he is too busy trying to wind up other players to concentrate on his own game
There was no contact on him by Arfield at any stage the plastic hardman just fell to the ground. He seemed to indicate the semi final score to Alfie after winning a free kick as well for some bizarre reason of course about 2 minutes after doing that he's at fault for Alfie's goal.

Sounds like that’s another game against us last night, where Porteous has cost his side points.

Too busy acting like a clown shoe - when he’s not trying to injure our players, goad them, play act in front of the ref …. in short he’s an utter liability for Hibs.

I’d have loved to have known what Lundstram said to him as he stood over him when he was on the ground.

More interested in trying to con the referee to book Rangers players than in doing his job to defend the Hibs goal.

Does he play act against everyone or is it just us?

The sad thing is their support probably think that's ok because they hate us more than they love their own team.

He was hopeless last night, which was most enjoyable.

Tried to get Morelos booked for simulation in the first half when the ref failed to give a foul in the incident where Alfie ran across the 18 yard line and was pulled back. Everybody else in the ground could see it was a foul.

His carry on at the incident with Arfield was embarrassing.

Mediocre player.
Detestable prick.
He'll never play at a higher level than the one he currently operates at

There was no contact on him by Arfield at any stage the plastic hardman just fell to the ground. He seemed to indicate the semi final score to Alfie after winning a free kick as well for some bizarre reason of course about 2 minutes after doing that he's at fault for Alfie's goal.
Yeah, spotted that. If you are gonna do shit like that then you need to perform and be winning. He can't and didn't. Classless and made to look like a fool.

What annoys me is you never see this shit when they play the scum, the effort, the antics, the strong tackles and constant shirt pulling.

When he first broke through he looked like he had genuine talent, but he hasn’t improved. Reminds me of a modern day Zander Diamond.
A player who obviously didn’t put any real work in or is prepared to reflect in order to improve, and would now rather act the moron on the park.

Back