Safe Standing

Uddy Gers

While we have all this time on our hands the club should be putting forward various proposals for safe standing for ST holders to vote on.

I can’t believe we’re three years down the line from the initial online campaign and still haven’t heard anything from the club.

We’re meant to be the premier club and the country but are way behind in every department off the pitch. Merchandise, catering, fanzones/safe standing.

Time for the board to actually act on improving the matchday experience for us supporters. They’ve got the next 5 months on their hands - do something productive.

I agree with your proposal on using the time to investigate and possibly implement safe standing. Where we differ is that I disagree with your suggestion that the board have done little productive. A bit glass half empty.

:D :D :D :D :D :D whole of Scottish football in disarray, staff on furlough, 'this' season up in the air.........aye, safe standing is right up there with board priorities.
Sigh...

This is the same attitude the Rangers board have used for years. Keep coming up with excuses to push back fanzones, safe standing etc. Robertson was doing cartwheels in his back garden when the lockdown was announced.

When is it a board priority may I ask? They’ve showed no intention of delivering what the fans ask.

While we have all this time on our hands the club should be putting forward various proposals for safe standing for ST holders to vote on.

I can’t believe we’re three years down the line from the initial online campaign and still haven’t heard anything from the club.

We’re meant to be the premier club and the country but are way behind in every department off the pitch. Merchandise, catering, fanzones/safe standing.

Time for the board to actually act on improving the matchday experience for us supporters. They’ve got the next 5 months on their hands - do something productive.

Probably got a lot more to be concerned about just now like ensuring the club gets through the CV19 crisis and manages the impact on finances. This is a serious situation and is impacting every club.

Mental that people don’t think the club care and are sitting doing nothing.

Aye 2 meters apart. Like the sentiment OP but this can wait for now.

Sigh...

This is the same attitude the Rangers board have used for years. Keep coming up with excuses to push back fanzones, safe standing etc. Robertson was doing cartwheels in his back garden when the lockdown was announced.

When is it a board priority may I ask? They’ve showed no intention of delivering what the fans ask.

Excuses....cartwheels? Stop talking nonsense.

Get a funding package together for the guys that want it and as and I’m sure the club will play ball when said monies are available to transfer to the club to modify the stadium.

Excuses? Stop talking nonsense.
It’s not nonsense.

We’re constantly “looking into” anything the fans want.

Safe standing “looking into”.

Fanzone “we’re still looking into”.

Merchandise operations are a complete disaster.

Catering is awful.

The only thing the board have delivered on is the Memorial garden, which has now resulted in a lawsuit of over £1m against the club. You couldn’t write it.

Now with COVID-19 it’s another easy excuse for the board to use. Constantly pushing everything back. There is no reason surveys/proposals can’t be put out to fans for the time being.

Get a funding package together for the guys that want it and as and I’m sure the club will play ball when said monies are available to transfer to the club to modify the stadium.
Good idea.

I’d be willing to pay x amount on top of my season ticket to get safe standing installed. As would most others who want to be part of the section.

It’s not nonsense.

Catering is awful.

The only thing the board have delivered on is the Memorial garden, which has now resulted in a lawsuit of over £1m against the club. You couldn’t write it.

Now with COVID-19 it’s another easy excuse for the board to use. Constantly pushing everything back. There is no reason surveys/proposals can’t be put out to fans for the time being.

People are losing loved ones mate, that's the harsh reality of all this.

Fitba is secondary in the great scheme of things.

I can only assume the board have decided to spend time and money elsewhere and it’s been a commercial decision as it’s a no brainier for me.

It’s not nonsense.

Catering is awful.

I genuinely don't think you understand what's going on in Scottish football (and the world) with COVID-19. You're just talking shit to get a board slagging thread on the go.

You may have %^*& all else to do with your time at the moment but the board do.

I think the club will have other things to concentrate on at the moment.ie getting through this horrible time unscathed.
Plus I think most of us would rather see us win a bloody trophy before we start thinking about safe standing

While we're still relying on director loans to see us through a season I can't see any major developments to the stadium happening unless they can bring money into the club.

I think the club will have other things to concentrate on at the moment.ie getting through this horrible time unscathed.
Plus I think most of us would rather see us win a bloody trophy before we start thinking about safe standing
That’s the mentality that halts progression. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

It’s not nonsense.

Catering is awful.

F@ck sakes mate. Time and place?
I agree whole hearted but not now.

That’s the mentality that halts progression. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Well, looks like you have your priorities right matey, you're some guy.

F### that fact the world is closed.
F### the people that are dying'
F### the fact there is no income for Rangers whatsoever at the moment.
F### the board, they have let us down.
Just get the safe standing sorted !!!!

Get to your bed you madman.

This proposal benefits a very small portion of the support and should be way down the pecking order of priorities. I’m not sure people are in any way aware of the size of task the board inherited when they got the keys to Ibrox and the Training Centre. Bit by bit they have corrected aspects that were not just desirable but absolutely essential. The minority who selfishly go on and on about safe standing should give it a by and look at the bigger picture. The chat about better atmosphere etc is mince as well. The boys in BF1 never sit down so it would make zero difference to the wider atmosphere around the ground.

Coronavirus has just brought the world to its knees,people are dying and way of lives have been changed and yet the op comes on here and accuses the Rangers board of using this pandemic to their own ends and not giving a toss for anything else.Idiot.

Safe standing would be great but it's not really a pressing issue with nobody being able to leave their home just now.

Not sure if you’ve seen the news recently. Stuff going on that the adults have to deal with. Think this might be something that you will have to put on the back burner just for now.

Aye let’s do it not like there’s more important things money wise for the club alone before we start on family etc

1.Wullie Waddell built our 'all seater' stadium as a tribute to 'OUR' 66.
2.We copy the filth fc at fck all.
3.Our ST holders are not moving for anyone.
4.We have far more important things in hand than Safe Standing.

2. The papes never invented safe standing.

2. The papes never invented safe standing.

It’s not nonsense.

Catering is awful.

Covid-19 is a very valid excuse for shelving safe standing for other pressing matters.

However, you are 100% correct in everything else.

Staying safe from Covid 19 is the most important thing in our lives ATM

But surely we can have a conversation on safe standing or any other ’trivial’ matters concerning Rangers without getting our knickers in a twist.

Just saying.

Possibly the board are too busy worrying about paying wages and how to get or keep a team capable of winning something ?

Preferably the whole of the copland front.
What is the possibility of this?
I have always thought that if we were to use the CF it would have to be the entire CF + also the corner due to sightline issues (people standing up in CF would block those sitting in the corner). That would be close to 5000 seats. That is a huge undertaking.

Back