Sarri has went to war with the Chelsea squad

SDF

Publicly criticised them in the post match press conference

"I am extremely angry. They were mentally more determined than we were."

"As a group of players they're not particularly aggressive from a mental point of view."

"It is something that is difficult to change."

Chelsea need to get rid of most that squad the cost Jose job and conti job. The chairman also has to take blame he always sides with players never the manager

Chelsea players have a history of downing tools when they fall out with the Manager. Looks like it’s happening again.

Sarri has not done well but Chelsea need to break that cycle.
If hes got a way of playing he needs the players to fit the system or change formation to suit what he has at disposal.

Hazard and Kante wasted right now.

Time the manager gets more of a say on signings too.

He takes the blame for me. Playing without a centre forward gives no outball under pressure. Two best players in their chosen positions in Hazard and Kante being wasted out of position and his big signing Jorghino useless under pressure and no assists this season

He's playing him as a defensive mid though so he won't create chances , he reckons he's better than kante in that position which is mental but fair enough, the problem is he is shoehorning kante in just to avoid dropping him when there must be a better player suited to the position he is playing kante in.

Still strikes me as odd that he never utilised Fabregas particularly when Kovacic is so ineffectual, Victor Moses rampaging down the right is nowhere to be seen. Refuses to play an actual no.9 granted maybe Giroud isn't top class but he makes Hazard better and therefore Chelsea better. If he can't drag a performance out of Morata then what is an ageing Higuain adding? Shunting out Kante at number 10! To accommodate £60m Jorginho as his playmaker with IIRC zero assists and zero goals!
As for being mentally aggressive, that to me describes Fabregas and Gary Cahill.
look closer to home Sarri!

I think we've all seen this movie before, especially with Chelski. They have an appalling habit of throwing managers under the bus when things start to go badly. Sarri doesn't even have the luxury of any trophies won with them that might buy earn him a bit of grace.
But they have normally won the league in the new managers first season before that cycle happens

Those players simply down tools if they don't like the manager. They have an owner that views the manager role with distain.
Decent managers are wasted on that club, not to mention their stock pile of youth players.

But they have normally won the league in the new managers first season before that cycle happens
Yup, I think he's in trouble already, be surprised to see him last the season. Wonder if guus hiddink is busy, he's always been the stopgap option

Players rule the roost nowadays, Conte was basically sacked because he got rid of Costa. %^*& success we want our mate around.

I have a wee soft spot for Chelsea but even I am getting bored with the “spend a bit, win a bit, Chuck it” cycle.

The biggest worry would be if Abramovich is also getting bored...............

Giroud should be starting far more games than he does. He offers a great target man and although maybe doesn’t score enough goals he certainly helps create with his hold up play.

I have a wee soft spot for Chelsea but even I am getting bored with the “spend a bit, win a bit, Chuck it” cycle.

The biggest worry would be if Abramovich is also getting bored...............
I think the opposite. The club may flourish in other hands who wouldn't chop and change every two or three years and sign playersin conjunction with the manager.

He just went and asked for his P45 by saying that. You can’t crtiicise the primadona fannies that are modern footballers, they’ll simply down tools and piss about until you’re sacked.

Arsenal done to Chelsea what we did to Celtic. He is bang on in his assessment of the match and I think he is right about some of his players.
I don’t get the hype with Jorginho and Hazard only turns it on when he feels like it. Even when he does he doesn’t produce the end product as often as the likes of Salah or Aguero.
Sarri is as good a manager as Chelsea will get so they better back him.

Giroud should be starting far more games than he does. He offers a great target man and although maybe doesn’t score enough goals he certainly helps create with his hold up play.

Yep, there's a reason why he played so much football for the World Cup winners, it's particularly astounding to see Hazard getting put in the middle before he does.

Giroud is the perfect, one up top, outlet to compliment wide attacking players like Hazard or Pedro.

I think the opposite. The club may flourish in other hands who wouldn't chop and change every two or three years and sign playersin conjunction with the manager.

You’d need to have big pockets and a decent attention span to take over though.
Especially as the holy grails have already been done-there’s no saviour or hero factor left.

Interesting one but I think you’re going to struggle to find long term, wealthy owners who won’t follow the hire ‘em, fire ‘em model.

I think unfortunately that’s just football these days when you’re paying tens of millions for average players and you need to grin and bear it as a fan.

Well they will well and truly down tools now similar to man Utd until the manager is replaced.

Well that’ll be him gone in a few months.

It only goes one way from here - especially with Chelsea!

I’d love to be a manager. Get a bit of success, have a wee bit more, get a job in the money pit EPL then completely %^*& it (on purpose or accidentally) and get paid up your full contract for millions. Then go into punditry. Piss easy.

Massive gamble on his part delivering that type of message to a bunch of overpaid prima donnas in the EPL.

Will be interesting to see their next game and how his squad react.

Chelsea since Mourinho first arrived in 2004 have been a brilliant counter attacking team.

Any time they bring in a manager who tries to deviate from that style (Big Phil Scolari, AVB, etc) it ends in tears.

Sarri wants them to play out from the back, dominate possession and play a style of football they're not comfortable with meanwhile he's playing one of the best defensive midfielders and wide men in the world out of position so he can accommodate his favourite Jorginho who he clearly see's as central to this gameplan.

Sarri has the best defensive midfielder in the world but plays him out of position in favour of his bum boy who could not lace his boots.

Sarri is a top class coach. Chelsea need to back him and give him money and some leeway when it comes to making his own signings.

He's trying to implement a whole new style he needs an opportunity to bring players in who fit into that style.

Back