Saturday Games - ECH Final Day - La Liga & Eredivise Titles Sealed?

60million for the mentally challengeds and no automatic qualification if we win the league next season. Fantastic.
Exactly we are already light years behind them financially, and we roll over when we had a massive chance of winning the title, to once again give them millions from the Champions League.

Clancey just gave Forrest a free kick on the edge of the hearts box for running into Hatate.

2 scum players run in to each other and it’s a free kick for them in a dangerous position? Clancy is a fucking joke.

Absolutely wild that these people still exist in the face of the quite clear and often repeated evidence that this team of losers churn out.
Exactly.

Yet we are the mental ones.

I still think though that Clement can be a success here. Summer be crucial though as if he doesn’t learn the mistakes of his predecessors he will be off sharp as well. Harsh but true.

Hearts are rotten as well. Flatter to deceive when they want to.

Imagine folk hanging their hats on Hearts doing us any sort of favour.

Rotten.

As soon as people start saying "If we beat them and team x gets points and team y does this and team z does..." it's over.

We lost it at Dundee and Ross County. The players threw in the towel and a lot of them should be thrown out of the club as a result.
Spot on, once people start talking about how mathematically it's still possible you know it's lost.

There is nothing wrong with being a realist.

The league was gone when we went in 2-0 at HT against them a few weeks ago. The wheels predictably fell off after that. Just like it always does.

I find posts saying we are still in it just as mental as you do seeing posts saying it’s done.
5 points behind with 3 games to play was it once? I can't remember the exact numbers but that rings a bell when we won the league out from under them. It's obviously unlikely but wallowing in pity about it and throwing in the towel is a totally pessimistic coping mechanism.

Like it hasn't happened multiple times in recent years same story over and over again. Tell me I'm wrong from the evidence they've provided us. You know you can't.

With the greatest of respect mate, we have pretty much a new team from the last few years. Aye there's plenty around the squad but only Tavernier and Goldson play regularly who have been through this a few times. I will also give you Lundstrum even though he's only been.here two full seasons.

Scottish football is some buzz. I’ve just saw father Clancy give a free kick for two players colliding with each other, from the same team.

It wasn’t hearts.

Jesus suffering fucking H Christ.
I'm sure it was him that also gave them a free kick when one of them pulled a hamstring against Hearts with no player near him in a game last season

If your definition of accepting mediocrity is not being better than a team who is comfortably capable of outspending you while you play twice as many European games as they do then fair enough.
Smashing, nice to know you're happy to sit 2nd for the rest of time. It's been very clear this season they aren't as far clear as made out. Our issue isn't them, its ourselves. Years of poor recruitment, bad decisions on player retention that with half decent thought could be even attempted to be fixed

The reality is that Celtc didn't pay for their clear dip in form in February, when they could easily has lost all 3 games on the trot.

When we have a dip in form, it costs us.

That's the only difference.

That lot are just toying with Hearts now. If hearts get a goal at 2-0 then there’s a chance but the way they are playing and how Hearts are responding, you just know there’s no chance.

Would be nice for them to draw but can’t see it at all. It’s only going one way and it’ll be a 3+ victory for them.

I know what you're saying mate but it's not like we've not endured this plenty of times before. We've all seen countless times how this plays out.
Part and parcel of being a supporter mate. If you can't handle the bad times then find another hobby.

A portion of the support are punch drunk and can't reset. Players being slaughtered for things that happened years ago and have become scapegoats for failure because they didnt leave. Soundbites from Rangers haters are parroted against our own players from our own fans.

The negative mindset will eventually swallow the club.

5 points behind with 3 games to play was it once? I can't remember the exact numbers but that rings a bell when we won the league out from under them. It's obviously unlikely but wallowing in pity about it and throwing in the towel is a totally pessimistic coping mechanism.

Last time we done that we had a team full of winners and a manager who had also won a title for us in a close run in.

I think that playing an extra 10 games a season or so with weaker squad depth explains it better.

That goes to recruitment, which we've got a lot more wrong than right since the end of the 55 season.
I agree mate that the lack of depth, injuries etc caught up with us but we haven't helped ourselves.

I posted it yesterday but when it got close they puffed their chests out and we went back in to our shell.

Exactly.

Yet we are the mental ones.

I still think though that Clement can be a success here. Summer be crucial though as if he doesn’t learn the mistakes of his predecessors he will be off sharp as well. Harsh but true.

He needs to beat them either next week or in the final.

He can't go into next season with no wins in his first 4 games against them.

League Cup in the bag or not, he cannot start next season under that sort of pressue especially with the first OF at their dump.

60million for the mentally challengeds and no automatic qualification if we win the league next season. Fantastic.
Because some never gave a toss no desire or fight like Lundstram and others when push came to shove at dingwall and dundee, that's why we need to clear the decks with alot of players

Can also say that referring back to that one time once as you say is also a coping mechanism.

To cover the fact how weak a lot of our squad really is

Just saw Ipswich were promoted to the Premiership.
Congrats to them!
And who was in the photo of players celebrating George Edmundson "The Fridge"?
We literally kicked him out the door, and he never let us down once, as far as I can remember?
Booted out after breaking Covid protocol, by the Gerrard regime.
If memory serves.
Would happily have him back in the centre of defence.

He needs to beat them either next week or in the final.

He can't go into next season with no wins in his first 4 games against them.

League Cup in the bag or not, he cannot start next season under that sort of pressue especially with the first OF at their dump.
Completely agree.

Gio went the same way not beating them enough. Simply can’t survive here doing that

Back