Saturday Starting 11

Apart from striker, which could well be a case of pick a name out of a hat, and if it's Morelos, have another go. I think this will be the team.

McCrorie

Tavernier Goldson Souttar Yilmaz

Raskin Lundstram

Cantwell Hagi Sakala

*Prize Draw*

McCrorie

Goldson - Souttar - Davies

Tav ————————- Yilmaz

Cantwell - Raskin - Hagi

Sakala - Matondo

532 into 352 and back again as required.

Let’s give them a curveball and something to think about. Offers padded protection defensively with a very quick and creative attack.

Due to injury, and Alfie basically being turfed out, the team mostly picks itself. Only 3 positions up for debate as I see it. If Kent is fit then I think he will start ahead of Matondo. Hagi or Wright is a bit of a toss-up really - I think he might go for Wright. Goalkeeper is more intriguing - Greegs will, presumably, get either Saturday or the Hearts game to say his Ibrox farewell. I think I would go with McCrorie for this weekend.

Depressing really. I think only 4/5 of those listed below will be regular starters next season. Gonna be a long 90+ minutes.

McCrorie/McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Souttar
Yilmaz

Lundstram
Raskin
Cantwell

Hagi/Wright
Sakala
Matondo/Kent

McCrorie

Tav ————————- Yilmaz

Cantwell - Raskin - Hagi

Sakala - Matondo

Let’s give them a curveball and something to think about. Offers padded protection defensively with a very quick and creative attack.
Davies looked to pull a muscle last week. Doubt we will see him again this season.

I personally don’t think we’ll see Kent nor Morelos again. I don’t think we should fire either in to this game just because of who the opposition are.

I’ve been bleating on about how I’d like us to go to a back 3, especially against Celtic - but Davies being out (as he looks to be) scuppers that somewhat.

Is Barisic injured?

I’d happily never see Sakala again as well and I’m not sold on Matondo, so trying to pick a forward line is depressing.

McCrorie
Tav Goldson Souttar Yilmaz
Raskin Lundstram Cantwell
Hagi Arfield Wright

As I say, yikes.

I'd like to see
McCrorie
Arfield Raskin Cantwell
Hagi
Sakala Matondo

OK, so I wouldn't "like" to see it but from what we've got it's what I'd go with. Lundstram's sloppiness is too much of a risk. Pace up top and just hope Sakala manages to sclaff one of his panicked efforts in off somebody's arse, or even his own.

McCrorie

Tav ————————- Yilmaz

Cantwell - Raskin - Hagi

Sakala - Matondo

I would have gone 3-5-2 for the semifinal. As you say give them something to think about and who knows it might work.

McCrorie

Tav
Goldson
Souttar
Davies
Yilmaz

Raskin
Lundstram
Cantwell
Arfield

Sakala

McCrorie

Tav
Goldson
Souttar
Yilmaz

Raskin
Lundstram
Cantwell

Wright
Sakala
Matondo

Go with a pacy front three against that mob although I suspect it may be Hagi.

Due to injury, and Alfie basically being turfed out, the team mostly picks itself. Only 3 positions up for debate as I see it. If Kent is fit then I think he will start ahead of Matondo. Hagi or Wright is a bit of a toss-up really - I think he might go for Wright. Goalkeeper is more intriguing - Greegs will, presumably, get either Saturday or the Hearts game to say his Ibrox farewell. I think I would go with McCrorie for this weekend.

Depressing really. I think only 4/5 of those listed below will be regular starters next season. Gonna be a long 90+ minutes.

McCrorie/McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Souttar
Yilmaz

Lundstram
Raskin
Cantwell

Hagi/Wright
Sakala
Matondo/Kent
Hopefully Kent is nowhere near the starting eleven.

McCrorie( could be McGregor, last old firm game)
Raskin Lundstram
Wright Cantwell Matondo
Sakala

McCrorie and Cantwell will and should be on the teamsheet.

The rest? Who knows.

We need folk in their faces from the outset. Arfield will do for me.

Don't let these cunts dictate the game.

McCrorie and Cantwell will and should be on the teamsheet.

The rest? Who knows.

We need folk in their faces from the outset. Arfield will do for me.

Don't let these cunts dictate the game.

I dont think McCrorie will start. I feel he will play McGregor for one last old firm game.

Be refreshing if he does start McCrorie though.

Hopefully Kent is nowhere near the starting eleven.
I'd rather see neither of him nor Matondo - but that's where we are mate. Matondo has, recently, shown the odd bit of skill that suggests there might just be a player in there after all (much to our surprise!). However, I suspect a game against the Dhims, at this stage, could be too much for him and we'd see him retreat into his shell and basically avoid the ball. For all his faults this season Kent at least shows a willingness to get on the ball and try.

How sad it has came to this. I would not be surprised to see Arfield as a false 9, the choices up front are so limited. Here is my go at the front line lottery.

McCrorie

Tav
Yilmaz
Goldson
Souttar

Lundstrum
Raskin
Cantwell

Matondo
Arfield
Sakala

I would have gone 3-5-2 for the semifinal. As you say give them something to think about and who knows it might work.
It could not possibly work any less that what’s been tried 50000 times before.

One other plus from compressing the back and middle lines is reducing the space between players at any one time.

Should cover up a multitude of sins as far as our unfit, switch off merchants go.

I'd rather see neither of him nor Matondo - but that's where we are mate. Matondo has, recently, shown the odd bit of skill that suggests there might just be a player in there after all (much to our surprise!). However, I suspect a game against the Dhims, at this stage, could be too much for him and we'd see him retreat into his shell and basically avoid the ball. For all his faults this season Kent at least shows a willingness to get on the ball and try.
At Ibrox with no away fans and their back up right back. I would have Matondo in all day long in all honesty. Won't get a better opportunity.

I dont think McCrorie will start. I feel he will play McGregor for one last old firm game.

Be refreshing if he does start McCrorie though.

Sentiment goes out of the window with McGregor regardless.

A win is more important for a bit of pride to %^*& these mutants. We have to play our best 11.

Unfortunately McGregor would not be in my team for sentiment value.

McCrorie all the way.

I love McGregor to bits. But not for this one.

But you never know.

At Ibrox with no away fans and their back up right back. I would have Matondo in all day long in all honesty. Won't get a better opportunity.
That's my guess... Think he'll play sakala as a single striker after the morelos comments at the weekend.

McCrorie
Tavernier Goldson Souttar Yilmaz
Lundstram Raskin
Cantwell Hagi Matondo
Sakala

It could not possibly work any less that what’s been tried 50000 times before.

One other plus from compressing the back and middle lines is reducing the space between players at any one time.

Should cover up a multitude of sins as far as our unfit, switch off merchants go.
Unless you are bringing in King then we don't have three centre-backs to play. Davies won't feature after pulling up last week.

I personally don’t think we’ll see Kent nor Morelos again. I don’t think we should fire either in to this game just because of who the opposition are.

I’ve been bleating on about how I’d like us to go to a back 3, especially against Celtic - but Davies being out (as he looks to be) scuppers that somewhat.

Is Barisic injured?

I’d happily never see Sakala again as well and I’m not sold on Matondo, so trying to pick a forward line is depressing.

McCrorie
Hagi Arfield Wright

As I say, yikes.
It's a shame, Sakala has the potential but this headless chicken nonsense is becoming a joke. No end product from him

Is Barisic injured?

McCrorie
Hagi Arfield Wright

As I say, yikes.
As shocking as Kent was in the last game he normally turns up against them. Big opportunity for Montondo

I'd like to see
McCrorie
Arfield Raskin Cantwell
Hagi
Sakala Matondo

OK, so I wouldn't "like" to see it but from what we've got it's what I'd go with. Lundstram's sloppiness is too much of a risk. Pace up top and just hope Sakala manages to sclaff one of his panicked efforts in off somebody's arse, or even his own.

I think this will be about it with either Lundstram or Arfield starting.

Actually, could even see Arfield starting in place of Hagi

Back