SC Final - A change in formation / tactics required?

The one thing that could work in our favour is that they’re bound to be complacent and will be thinking they only need to turn up.
If Phil could find the secret to motivating this shower of shitebags we could maybe just surprise them.

Right, here goes:

Butland
Tav Balogun Davies Ridvan
Raskin
Sterling Diomande
Silva
Dessers Sima

If Sima isn't fit move Silva forward and have Cantwell off the front 2.
I could run with that, except Sterling as the holding player.

I could run with that, except Sterling as the holding player.
Agreed although I just thought Sterling on the right to help Tav out with Maeda but I'm sure Raskin could do that job. God knows what team or formation we'll go with if I'm honest.

Successive managers have not learned and the way we set u v them on Saturday concerns me greatly.
Do that at hampdump and we lose another game v them

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Unless Sima and/or Matondo are fit, is there any point playing with wide men with no pace?

Go 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2.

If the manager hasn't learned and doesn’t match them in midfield, after two defeats and a draw, then I for one will be very concerned moving forward.

I've thought about it and it's Garbage.
Exactly.

There's a narrative being spun about Clement that he had achieved something that had us on the brink of a miracle.

Reality is we went a few games without a howler of a result at the same time celtic lost to Hearts and Kilmarnock.

Exactly.

There's a narrative being spun about Clement that he had achieved something that had us on the brink of a miracle.

Reality is we went a few games without a howler of a result at the same time celtic lost to Hearts and Kilmarnock.
If they hadn't had their mini collapse Bear84 ee would never have been in the title race.
We haven't beaten them all season that's all you need to know.
And if the manager can't see he lost on Saturday with no midfield then he will end up like the other duds.

We can still play 4-3-3 but you're correct that our mobility has to be massively increased. And aggression and intent.

Which means no Lundstram, Barisic and certainly under no circumstances Lawrence.

Butland
Tav Balogun Souttar Ridvan
Sterling Raskin Diomande
Silva Dessers Sima
We don’t play 433, it’s a 4231

Looking at the way McGregor and O'Reilly had the freedom of the pitch on Saturday has got me thinking we need to go to 4 4 2 to combat this.

We need energy in midfield and quality, so on that basis Lundstram doesn't play.

With what we have available atm I'd go

Butland
Sterling Raskin Diomande Silva
Dessers Roofe

We need to nullify the midfield or we don't stand a chance
We need two real full backs that's what we need above all.

Looking at the way McGregor and O'Reilly had the freedom of the pitch on Saturday has got me thinking we need to go to 4 4 2 to combat this.

We need energy in midfield and quality, so on that basis Lundstram doesn't play.

With what we have available atm I'd go

Butland
Sterling Raskin Diomande Silva
Dessers Roofe

We need to nullify the midfield or we don't stand a chance
Prey Sima is back and get wee ridvan wrapped up in cotton wool.Btw I'd swap tav and Sterling purely because maeda has tav on toast every single time.

Back