Match Thread Scotland 2-0 Georgia - Final Score

Wonder if Clarke will be tempted by going back into club management. Must be clubs in England looking at the job he's doing

Wonder if Clarke will be tempted by going back into club management. Must be clubs in England looking at the job he's doing
Don’t think so. I think he understands he can be remembered forever as a hero in Scotland if he keeps this up and with the ages of a lot of the players this run can last a feww more years easily.

Don’t think so. I think he understands he can be remembered forever as a hero in Scotland if he keeps this up and with the ages of a lot of the players this run can last a feww more years easily.
All he has to do is get scotland out a group at a major tournament to be a hero. Very possible especially if scotland can get into pot 1 or 2

And it's just a complete coincidence that it's the same last couple of years where the Scottish national team is probably on its strongest run of form in most of our lifetimes.

I renewed my SSC membership about 4 years ago, having surrendered it around 2013 / 14 for obvious reasons.

So, yes, it is coincidental for me, but I still want more bears to join me on the journey.

I think your post no. 1718 tells a different story .Or were you referring to a different Tommy Gemmell in a different game . I don't recall Scotland playing USSR this Century ( 21 st.)
I replied to someone who spoke about a Scotland v Wales game in the '60s

I have been at Scotland matches where our players got a hard time from some Scotland fans. I’ve also heard booing in the past on a number of occasions. Not recently.

However, I detect a real sea change as more Rangers fans are now back in the travel club and official supporters club, claiming back what we’ve always been, the largest part of the Scotland support.

I’ve also changed my mind about the national team the past few years. I’m genuinely sick of the nationalists trying to claim our team and I’ve now moved to a position where I think it’s about time we got in amongst them and put any fans disrespecting our players back in their box. There’s far more of us than them.
Great post and I think sums it up well. I’ve been going to Scotland games for 25 years as long as I’ve been going to Rangers games and continued to do so when Hampden was struggling to even get half full. The sea change the last few years is stark. The atmosphere absolutely stunk around the time of the independence referendum and our own problems but I rode it out. I have always enjoyed following my home team and I thought I’ll be damned if that’s going to be taken off me by the then “fans” who used the poor attendance as a means to hijack for their own political means.

And the last few years it’s been notable in its difference. It’s like the real fans, many of them bears and many with no affinity to the SNP have returned and taken back what was ours. I don’t blame those who dropped off supporting in those dark days as it often wasn’t enjoyable. But I’m glad it’s back to what I always remembered it to be.

Great post and I think sums it up well. I’ve been going to Scotland games for 25 years as long as I’ve been going to Rangers games and continued to do so when Hampden was struggling to even get half full. The sea change the last few years is stark. The atmosphere absolutely stunk around the time of the independence referendum and our own problems but I rode it out. I have always enjoyed following my home team and I thought I’ll be damned if that’s going to be taken off me by the then “fans” who used the poor attendance as a means to hijack for their own political means.

And the last few years it’s been notable in its difference. It’s like the real fans, many of them bears and many with no affinity to the SNP have returned and taken back what was ours. I don’t blame those who dropped off supporting in those dark days as it often wasn’t enjoyable. But I’m glad it’s back to what I always remembered it to be.
I agree with these and earlier sentiments. Supporting Scotland for me compliments supporting Rangers.
Rangers is tribal and it’s us against the world. It’s about outright winning and it’s on the DNA of the club and fans.

Scotland simply can’t be like that as we are usually rotten! You can go to any pub, talk to any Scotland fan and it’s just different.

You also have to get used to going for the enjoyment and not that desperate anxious need to win. As if you go to Scotland games for glory you’ll soon not be going to watch.

Anyway what we need is a strong Scotland and a winning rangers then it’s all goodness :)

I agree with these and earlier sentiments. Supporting Scotland for me compliments supporting Rangers.
Rangers is tribal and it’s us against the world. It’s about outright winning and it’s on the DNA of the club and fans.

Scotland simply can’t be like that as we are usually rotten! You can go to any pub, talk to any Scotland fan and it’s just different.

You also have to get used to going for the enjoyment and not that desperate anxious need to win. As if you go to Scotland games for glory you’ll soon not be going to watch.

Anyway what we need is a strong Scotland and a winning rangers then it’s all goodness :)
A strong Scotland and a winning Rangers is the dream! For me it isn’t even about supporting one over the other, international football is almost like a different sport! I love the international tournaments even when we are not in it. I base my summers around the euros and the World Cup regardless but it’s just so much better to have a team to root for!

Some amount of Hyperbole for the NT and Clarke on here.
Can you quantify this claim? There is a deep dislike of our club and players within the NT fans. There is evidence to back this up as we have all heard the boos when their names are announced at games. Jack at pittodrie and Patterson being two examples.
And that is just the most recent survey of Tartan Army members. Surveys in 2017 and 2019 said the same. It amazes me that people continue this 'The fans all hate rangers and boo our players' nonsense despite all the evidence showing otherwise.

And, with newer generations of bear seeing more and more rangers players being selected and seeing the 2012 animosity, the Rangers support within the tartan army will only grow.

Better get used to it folks!
He disappeared rather quickly after you answered his question. Agitators like that on FF are no better than the lurking Tims.

A strong Scotland and a winning Rangers is the dream! For me it isn’t even about supporting one over the other, international football is almost like a different sport! I love the international tournaments even when we are not in it. I base my summers around the euros and the World Cup regardless but it’s just so much better to have a team to root for!
Agree it’s not one or the other. They are different.

Back