Scotland Under 21’s - 3 Positive COVID Cases

cooprfc

Agreed, but they are treated the same. Even with a false positive rate as low as 0.5%

Only if you test positive and have symptoms can you be sure. BUT you still have to isolate.

Absolutely mate. Was just pointing this out because you said a positive test means you has coronavirus when test was done. It's not true in every single case especially in those who have already had it as the dead virus can be picked up by the test.

Harrogate Bluenose

Absolutely mate. Was just pointing this out because you said a positive test means you has coronavirus when test was done. It's not true in every single case especially in those who have already had it as the dead virus can be picked up by the test.
of course, false positives when it community testing. But you still have to isolate.

If testing positive you are assumed to have coronavirus even if statistically 0.5% is a false positive. And Community infection might be as low as 6%.

cooprfc

of course, false positives when it community testing. But you still have to isolate.

If testing positive you are assumed to have coronavirus even if statistically 0.5% is a false positive. And Community infection might be as low as 6%.

Undertand that mate. I only replied as you said a positive test means you had coronavirus when test was done. I only pointed out that isn't always the case.

Of course the isolation is still required.

Harrogate Bluenose

Undertand that mate. I only replied as you said a positive test means you had coronavirus when test was done. I only pointed out that isn't always the case.

Of course the isolation is still required.

sorry pal my mistake, should have said assumed to have, And isolation is required even if its a false positive.

Fraser

McInnes suggesting the players were not tested after the u21 game last week even though a member of staff was confirmed as positive then all flew to Croatia. Also saying the players were not socially distanced properly on the flight.

SFA being shown up as complete amateurs again. This needs investigated
Operation stop 9.75

Disco Deejay

ok bro, read up on the difference between a positive test and having COVID (a viral disease).

also, footballers are being tested routinely, nothing to do with symptoms
I understand that footballers are being tested routinely, but still don't have a clue what you mean about "you're mixing up testing positive with actually having Covid".

Unless the test is screwed up, which can occasionally happen, you cannot test positive without having Covid.

As per the link below "A positive result means you had coronavirus when the test was done."

Your coronavirus (COVID-19) test result - NHS (www.nhs.uk)

Hobjo

I understand that footballers are being tested routinely, but still don't have a clue what you mean about "you're mixing up testing positive with actually having Covid".

Unless the test is screwed up, which can occasionally happen, you cannot test positive without having Covid.

As per the link below "A positive result means you had coronavirus when the test was done."

Your coronavirus (COVID-19) test result - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
PCR tests test for presence of the virus (or indeed similar coronaviruses). lots of people will have the virus in their nose and throat, but not develop the COVID disease. A positive test is not a case (it’s one of the ways this pandemic is unlike any others, that medical cases are being mixed up with people who test positive.. If that test was changed to a whole range of flu strains for example, they would find them in a whole range of people who aren’t unwell.

Remember i’m not arguing about what people need to do if they test positive, there’s a chance they might be infectious so isolate, fine with me. This conversation started about whether people can have COVID twice and i maintain there’s precious little evidence of reinfection. You can, however, test positive for the presence of the virus loads of times.

change consent